The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
So shyt has been up and down this season?????? fukked up I have pretty much missed all things NBA involved since Jan 8th. I aint even know we had Dragic until today. That was a great pick up, but it aint result in more wins :what:. Low key, they have a very solid roster right now, even without Bosh. WTF has been the deal? Let me guess............ SPOLSTRA???

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So shyt has been up and down this season?????? fukked up I have pretty much missed all things NBA involved since Jan 8th. I aint even know we had Dragic until today. That was a great pick up, but it aint result in more wins :what:. Low key, they have a very solid roster right now, even without Bosh. WTF has been the deal? Let me guess............ SPOLSTRA???
How else does a roster underachieve like we do or start Norris cole or leave Whiteside on the bench for an entire quarter or not even call a timeout to stop a run?

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

Even Pop couldn't coach a team up that regularly has to rely on contributions from D-league players. This isn't entirely his fault.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
That's an understatement. Been all kinds of aggravating. I can't recall any point the last 3 months where I felt good about this team. If we don't sign dragic and some shooters in this offseason :mjcry:

If Dragic leaves and we lose our pick :sadcam:
On one hand we get to tank for Thon Maker :blessed:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
next 5 games

Heat(34-41)
@Pistons
@Pacers
vs Hornets
vs Bulls
vs raptors

Nets(34-40)
vs raptors
@Hawks
vs Trailblazers
vs Hawks
vs Wizards

Pacers(32-43)
vs Hornets
vs Heat
@Knicks
@Pistons
vs Thunder

Hornets(32-42)
@pacers
vs 76ers
@Heat
vs Raptors
@hawks

Celtics(34-41)
vs Bucks
@raptors
@Pistons
@cavs
vsCavs

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
We only have 7-8 games left. We'd basically have to lose all those games to fall to the tenth pick.

True, but if Dragic leaves after this season(which I doubt), we'll be a 25-35 win team in a much better East next year. If he walks and lose our pick, I'm fine with that, because we'll likely draft top 10 and it'll make Spo's job less secure.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California

Frustrated guard Mario Chalmers questions role on Miami Heat
Frustration festered like an infected wound on Thursday night in the Heat’s postgame locker room.

On one end of the cramped space, Dwyane Wade spoke with muted dejection about his latest injury.

On the other end, Wade’s sometimes backup, Mario Chalmers, questioned his place on the team. As one of the Heat’s only uninjured players, Chalmers knows he has a lot to offer, but at this point he’s not quite sure how to do it. Seven games remain of this bewitched and broken season.

“I don’t even really know what my role is on this team anymore,” Chalmers told the Miami Herald. “I don’t know what I’m supposed to be doing.”

This is what happens at the end of a season when the only constant over the past four months has been endless suffering, wave after wave of injuries slowly pulverizing rock-solid resolve into despair and confusion.

At different times this season, Chalmers has started at point guard and also at shooting guard. He also has backed up those two positions, and sometimes during the same game.

It’s all battlefield promotions and duct-taped ideas at this point, especially with Wade once again going down. Nothing makes sense anymore.

“A lot of people are out of rhythm, and you really don’t know what’s going to happen — when you’re going to get the ball, when you’re going to shoot it, you just never know. You just got to be ready for everything, I guess,” Chalmers said.

Playing either position is nothing new for Chalmers, of course, so it’s revealing when the Heat’s lack of stability has affected the team’s veteran combo guard.

During Thursday’s loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Chalmers subbed in at point guard during the first quarter and then shifted over to shooting guard minutes later.

After Wade’s injury in the second quarter, Chalmers backed up both Goran Dragic and rookie Tyler Johnson, who started the second half at shooting guard.

Chalmers wasn’t complaining about his role on Thursday in that visiting locker room in Cleveland. He just couldn’t really explain it.

“I don’t know,” Chalmers said. “It’s something I’ve never experienced before. This is something new to a lot of people on this team, but we’ve got to make it work.”

And make it work soon, as in Saturday night against the Detroit Pistons at The Palace of Auburn Hills.