The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
16339981664_210b1e774d_c.jpg

“I don’t want to reopen the stitches and have to stitch the hand back together,” he said. “That’s what it is. Probably two weeks to heal completely.”

That does not mean he will be out two weeks, but he probably will need at least a few more days before he can consider playing with a cast or wrap...

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Wade says Heat offense broken; Is he, as well?
After the Heat shot only 39 percent Friday, Wade said even in these waning days of the regular season, with 10 games remaining, change might be needed.

"With a lot of the teams we've played multiple times, they've figured us out pretty well," he said."They're taking certain things, so we've got to figure out a way to add a few things, to add a few things a little different, let 'em see something a little different."

The offense reached the point in Atlanta where forward Luol Deng, with 17 points, was the lone Heat player to score more than 13. Guard Goran Dragic scored only six, shooting 3 of 11, after scoring in double figures the previous 11 games.

"There's got to be a couple of tweaks right now, because they're sitting on our sets," Wade said. "When I'm out on the floor, I'm seeing them sit on them a little bit more. So we've got to make a few changes."

There also could be changes for Wade, alarming changes.

After sitting out Wednesday's victory over the Boston Celtics with a bruised left knee, Wade on Friday mentioned the possibility of getting the knee drained Saturday. Such procedures had become commonplace during the worst of Wade's knee issues.

''It was OK,'' Wade said of how his knee felt in Friday's return. ''It wasn't great, but I just wanted to get out there and try to give my teammates something. Hopefully, I'll be better Sunday.

"I'll go back to Miami and see my doctors and see what they want to do. I have a lot of fluid. In a perfect world I would love to get some fluid out.''

Wade played 21 minutes, his action limited by a Hawks' lead that crested at 26, shooting 5 of 13 for 13 points, with no rebounds and just one assist.

"It wasn't great," he said. "But I only played 21 minutes, so I really didn't get a chance to test it out too much."
The Heat next play Sunday at AmericanAirlines Arena against the Detroit Pistons, one of the few teams to fall out of the how-low-can-you-go Eastern Conference playoff race

The Heat enter on a season-best four-game home winning streak.
Heat coach says it's about more than just returning home to AmericanAirlines Arena.

"This is a desperate time right now," coach Erik Spoelstra said, with his team clinging to a final playoff berth, with the Heat, Celtics,Brooklyn Nets and Charlotte Hornets competing for the East's final two seeds. "We've proven we can regroup after tough losses. That's' been the DNA of this group the entire year.

"We need to regroup and focus and come out with a great effort on Sunday."

Wade said at this stage the Heat can't simply count on being at home as being good enough.

"It's not just going to happen," he said. "We've got to play better, play more as a unit, together."

But he also expressed hope.

"We can bounce right back," he said. "This team has shown that we have the ability to do that. So Sunday's a big game for us. We've got to protect home court if we want to make the playoffs.

"There's no room for error."

Having filled in as the starting center the past two games, with Hassan Whiteside and Chris Andersen sidelined by injuries, power forward Udonis Haslem said a turnaround is essential.

"We finally got it going at home and we had a little bit of slippage on the road," he said. "So now we go back home and hopefully we bring the energy that we had the last four games.

"We all understand that our best chance of winning, and the type of team we are, we have to play with energy and effort every night. Regardless of home or way, or whatever the situation, we've got to be a lunch-pail team."

iwinderman@tribpub.com. Follow him at twitter.com/iraheatbeat or facebook.com/ira.winderman

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
so basically Wade says what we already know, the offense sucks...and the coach hasn't made the proper corrections.
Any other franchise and this coach would be long gone to never coach again. Why've we gotta be stuck with him?
Wade says Heat offense broken; Is he, as well?
So basically we should just call it a season before anyone else gets injured.