The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

Daps
I need Dragic to attack the rim on every single possession until the game is over. He should be our number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 option.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
this game shouldn't have gotten to this point what the hell does spo and the coaching stuff tell these guys in timeout and when there on the bench. this doesn't make no sense for us to keep having the problem over and over all season long.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

giphy.gif

Where is the cut? He wont be able to do shyt on offense with that damn cast

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I haven't posted here in a minute because I've kept most of my sports life offline, but I'm with you brehs and my squad all the way :blessed:. I have more free time than usual and am downright sick of TLR :scust:, so Imma post here for the rest of the season. Let's get it brehs :smugdraper:.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Bob Cousy high on Heat's Hassan Whiteside
BOSTON — This may seem like heresy to some, but Bob Cousy thinks he has finally found an NBA center who reminds him of his former Celtics teammate, the legendary Bill Russell.

And you won't believe who it is: Miami's 25-year-old big man Hassan Whiteside. The 7-footer has blossomed with the Heat this season, averaging 11.1 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2.5 blocks in just 22.6 minutes, after bouncing around the NBDL, Lebanon and China the previous four years.

Cousy lives in Worcester during the summer, but he winters in Florida so he watches his share of Heat games on television and he was impressed when Whiteside came off the bench to record a triple-double on Jan. 25 against the Bulls with 14 points, 13 rebounds and a franchise-record 12 blocks.

"I have never said this in the 40 years since I retired," Cousy said in a recent telephone interview, "but he is the first big guy, not (Patrick) Ewing, (Hakeem) Olajuwon, Shaq (O'Neal), who reminds me defensively and on the boards of Russell. He runs the floor well, he has excellent timing, he blocks shots and keeps them in play the way Russell did."

"That's a great honor," Whiteside said before the Celtics hosted Miami Wednesday. "Everybody knows that Bill Russell is probably one of the best shot blockers that ever lived. That's really a big honor that he thinks of me that way."

Whiteside said he doesn't try to block too many shots because he doesn't want to get out of position for the rebound.

"I'm doing a better job of judging when to jump and when not to jump," he said. "I'm pretty good at knowing how long my arms are. I know what I can get and what I can't get."

Cousy, 86, would love to see Whiteside in a Celtics uniform.

"If I were Danny (Ainge)," Cousy said, "I'd offer Miami three first-round picks for Whiteside because in my judgment, and what can you tell watching on television, but boy does that kid have an upside."

Whiteside will be an unrestricted free agent after next season when he's due to earn $981,000 in the unguaranteed second year of a two-year deal he signed with Miami last Nov. 24 after Memphis waived him a month earlier.

Cousy never said Whiteside would become another Russell, the league's winningest player with 11 NBA championships, but he appreciates his talent.

"I don't get excited too often about these guys," Cousy said, "but this kid looks to me like a turn-around guy.

"This kid moves to every rebound, he just reacts to everything on the defensive boards and he reacts the way Russell did. He leaves his man and comes over to help. He'll block five or six shots a game and he catches them. The league hasn't caught up with him yet."

Cousy paused for a moment and added, "Maybe I'm overreacting."

Whiteside did not play Wednesday because he cut his hand on the rim the night before in Milwaukee while trying to block a shot and needed 10 stitches between his middle and ring fingers.

Whiteside said his hand was sore and he didn't want to risk pulling the stitches out. He said he'll have to tape his fingers together when he returns.

When the Celtics won at Miami on March 9, Whiteside received a flagrant 2 foul and was suspended a game for elbowing Kelly Olynyk in the back of the neck. Olynyk accepted Whiteside's apology.
One of the great saying you remind him of bill russell that is high praised. The sky is the limit for him. He should get in touch with Russell and pick his brain over the summer.