The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Riley love giving up 1st round picks :snoop:

Thats why our bench old as dirt and the worst in the league

Thats a move you make if getting Dragic makes you a championship contender

Besides health and a competent coach, you can argue the biggest piece this team is missing is a point guard.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County

We should be competitive enough to the point that our next 2 first round picks should not be significant. If thats what it takes to get Dragic I'm not sure I dont pull the trigger. Then again you cant really trust Broussard

Dragic has done his part to keep the teams off his list away from trading. Plus he Lakers and the Knicks won't push too hard because they can sign him in the offseason. As long as Sarver doesn't filibuster like a bytch, then the team has a good shot at landing Dragic.

i havent seen the dude play. Is he really worth 2 first round picks?

He's really good. He's a mix between Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. He finishes at the rim like Parker, and somehow gets back to his left hand to do it, like Ginobili. He's crafty and he passes well. This year his numbers are down because he's been off the ball so much and has looked disinterested during games. Plus he's had to guard 2s and 3s a lot for the last year and a half.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Dragic was 3rd team All-NBA last year and averaged 21 ppg and 6 apg on 40% from 3. His numbers are down this year because he's had the ball a lot less. I read yesterday that he's had the ball something like 60% less this season than last. I don't really like the idea of giving up 2 1st round picks but we know Riley and Spoelstra don't like giving young players playing time. And the only significant players they've drafted in the 1st round are Butler, Wade and Beasley. 2 of those were over 10 years ago and the other was, for all intents and purposes, a bust.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

We should be competitive enough to the point that our next 2 first round picks should not be significant. If thats what it takes to get Dragic I'm not sure I dont pull the trigger. Then again you cant really trust Broussard

Riley can't be this retarded :snoop:
I don't care if we was on pace to win 50 games this year, you don't trade two firsts for Dragic, when our core is old and you have no young players.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Riley can't be this retarded :snoop:
I don't care if we was on pace to win 50 games this year, you don't trade two firsts for Dragic, when our core is old and you have no young players.

Whiteside was our 2015 first round pick, and between Johnson - Ennis - Napier you have 3 rookies to develop. Wade and Bosh are not going to play forever, with the emergence of Whiteside the time to make a move is now, not 2 years from now.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Both are 6'3, Jackson is much longer

I wouldn't give up two lottery picks for Dragic but where we should be projected to pick the next 2 years the question is would you be drafting a player with a heigher ceiling? Riley seems to have faith in the farm system we have with the D-League team

Notable players drafted over the past 5 years outside of lotto:
Kawhi
Jimmy Butler
Dontas(PF on Rockets)
Kenneth Faried
Vucci Mane
Giannis
Reggie Jackson
Rudy Goebert
Larry Sanders
Eric Bledsoe

The Order 1886

KORRA KORRA AKA TOP LAD
Daps
Kawhi
Jimmy Butler
Dontas(PF on Rockets)
Kenneth Faried
Vucci Mane
Giannis
Reggie Jackson
Rudy Goebert
Larry Sanders
Eric Bledsoe

10 players out how many players outside the lotto over the 5 years ?

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Kawhi
Jimmy Butler
Dontas(PF on Rockets)
Kenneth Faried
Vucci Mane
Giannis
Reggie Jackson
Rudy Goebert
Larry Sanders
Eric Bledsoe
And what do they all have in common? None of them were drafted by Riley. Instead Riley drafted Chalmers, Cole, Ennis, Justin Hamilton, etc. Riley is great at plenty of things as a GM, drafting is not one of those things. So those first round picks, on top of not being lottery picks, won't be worth as much in Riley's hands. Plus, there aren't many top tier PGs out there and the demand is always so high, so you should grab one while you can. What would they be biding their time for?

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kawhi
Jimmy Butler
Dontas(PF on Rockets)
Kenneth Faried
Vucci Mane
Giannis
Reggie Jackson
Rudy Goebert
Larry Sanders
Eric Bledsoe

If 10 players is the best you got over a 5 year span I'll take my chances with trading a first or two

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
10 players out how many players outside the lotto over the 5 years ?

I didn't list the 2014 class, because I'm not too familiar with those players, but there are 10 solid to great players listed out of 64(from 2010-2013). If you do the math, 15% of the players drafted outside the lotto from 2010-2013 are decent players or better. Not saying it's a lock to get good players late, but it's not like it's not super rare, and the more picks you have the better your chances are at finding players.

And what do they all have in common? None of them were drafted by Riley. Instead Riley drafted Chalmers, Cole, Ennis, Justin Hamilton, etc. Riley is great at plenty of things as a GM, drafting is not one of those things. So those first round picks, on top of not being lottery picks, won't be worth as much in Riley's hands. Plus, there aren't many top tier PGs out there and the demand is always so high, so you should grab one while you can. What would they be biding their time for?

Riley(and likely Spo) won't be here past the 2016-2017 season, so my main thing is this team's future within the next 3-5 years. Looking at this team, it's safe to say we won't go far in the playoffs(even with Dragic), also Wade and Bosh are not good enough to carry this team. Sure we have Whiteside, but we still don't know if he's a franchise player like we hope(he's certainly a starter though), so those future picks we trade for Dragic will come back to haunt us.