The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Riley should hire Ray Allen as an assistant coach to mentor Shabbaz for the rest of the season. It aint like Allen is gonna come back.

The kid is nice but needs to learn to shoot/finish
Bazz can shoot fine, its finishing at the basket that he will always have trouble with because of his size and athleticism, although he missed some bunnies around there tonight that weren't really contested. His entire game in college was centered around his jumper, he just needs to get his confidence up. First year guys that had reps as shooters in college usually always take time to adjust and get their confidence up, hell just look at Stauskus and McDermott(before he got injured), two of the best shooters in college ball last year and they both have struggled shooting. Its confidence, ain't really shyt Ray Allen can do for that.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Shabazz- 12 pts, 6 rebs, 5 asts, 2 stls
He has the potential to be their best actual point guard since... Hardaway??

There's been a pretty weak history at that position ever since Hardaway left. Past-their-primes White Chocolate and Gary Payton, Skip to My Lou, Carlos Arroyo, Mike Bibby, Anthony Carter, Cole and Chalmers (not really a pg, IMO) aren't exactly striking fear in their opponents.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Lebatard was right. He said Hassan would get into foul trouble vs Boogie :patrice:

More importantly everyone else stepped up so it was fine but this is something you gotta watch out for, he is going to have nights where he's overwhelmed by bigger establish cats.

which is why I'm :sadcam: for him when OKC comes to town later this week.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Lebatard was right. He said Hassan would get into foul trouble vs Boogie :patrice:
I wouldn't call Whiteside a great or even good low-post defender yet. He's a shot bloker and his size will give some bigs a challenge. But he needs to work on his technique and also at denying people inside positions. Thus far he's been getting by by just blocking the shot when he gets pinned down there. That won't always work against the better low-post players.

I'm sure UD and Juwan Howard will set him straight, tho. Just give it time. And by the way I don't think OKC has anyone in the post that will really give him fits. Ibaka isn't a great back to the basket player (the type that can challenge Whiteside). Only thing is he has a decent jumper and will sometimes lure Hassan outside so KD and WesBrook can drive to the basket without having to worry about Whiteside being there to challenge the shot

BTW did you see Christopher Wesson Bosh's post D on Boogie last night?

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Bazz can shoot fine, its finishing at the basket that he will always have trouble with because of his size and athleticism, although he missed some bunnies around there tonight that weren't really contested. His entire game in college was centered around his jumper, he just needs to get his confidence up. First year guys that had reps as shooters in college usually always take time to adjust and get their confidence up, hell just look at Stauskus and McDermott(before he got injured), two of the best shooters in college ball last year and they both have struggled shooting. Its confidence, ain't really shyt Ray Allen can do for that.

It doesn't matter if Bazz can be a scorer. If Bazz can play competent D; hit the open J, and find his teammates here and there, then I take it.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I wouldn't call Whiteside a great or even good low-post defender yet. He's a shot bloker and his size will give some bigs a challenge. But he needs to work on his technique and also at denying people inside positions. Thus far he's been getting by by just blocking the shot when he gets pinned down there. That won't always work against the better low-post players.

I'm sure UD and Juwan Howard will set him straight, tho. Just give it time. And by the way I don't think OKC has anyone in the post that will really give him fits. Ibaka isn't a great back to the basket player (the type that can challenge Whiteside). Only thing is he has a decent jumper and will sometimes lure Hassan outside so KD and WesBrook can drive to the basket without having to worry about Whiteside being there to challenge the shot

BTW did you see Christopher Wesson Bosh's post D on Boogie last night?

I need to watch the game it was on late last night and I was out following it on the gamecast, but it look like Wesson put in that work :ehh:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Where my Bazz haters at :smugfavre:

giphy.gif