The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Prequel is Now Titled Leatherface

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Breh they been hurting it's legacy since 1986 and even then I'd argue that its legacy is completely intact. You don't do 4K restorations on 35mm print to celebrate the 40th anniversary of a movie that has a hurt legacy. That "hurt legacy" thing only exists on the internet and even then it's a vocal minority that feel that way. If no one wants to see this movie, much like that last piece of crap that came out, then don't see it and Tobe Hooper's first movie will continue to stand on its own no matter what. People remember the 2nd one because Hooper went so far left of his original. They remember the new generation because McConaughey and Zeillweger are in it and of course that film and other films in the series all have their fans. The remake gets talked about once in a while and it too has its fans, but the last two films are essentially forgotten. Legacies can't be hurt outside of the internet because we should all be smart enough and mature enough to realize that a movie can stand on its own. Godfather part 3 doesn't hurt the legacy of the first two and why is that? Because people rarely talk about it and most cinephiles rarely talk about part 3 but it doesn't stop them from continuing to throw praise on the first 2 years after their initial release.

To make a sports analogy: MJ came back and played for the Wizards in the early 2000s, did it hurt his legacy? Not at all because when people talk about his career and the highlights are played over and over, they're talking about and highlighting the first and second three-peat. The monstrous dunks, the crossovers, the clutch moments. If a movie or a player or anything is that great, that greatness will live on breh no matter what

I don't understand the Hate for Part 2 though; Hooper said he made it to be more cheesy on purpose to make it more fun and I think its got a good mix of humor and horror...the final scene was horribly edited as it goes on FOREVER, but other than that, its a serviceable sequel and shyts on any of those corny remakes and prequels they dropped in the 21st century...

The less said about Texas Chainsaw III and the Next Generation the better :scust3:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't understand the Hate for Part 2 though; Hooper said he made it to be more cheesy on purpose to make it more fun and I think its got a good mix of humor and horror...the final scene was horribly edited as it goes on FOREVER, but other than that, its a serviceable sequel and shyts on any of those corny remakes and prequels they dropped in the 21st century...

The less said about Texas Chainsaw III and the Next Generation the better :scust3:

I don't either I mean I don't mind it at all I'm watching it right now lol but it's clearly not the first one and that's my point: film as a medium is democratic. The people decide what lasts and what doesn't. No matter how many sequels they make to that original film, the people will decide how it's talked about or whether it's talked about. Cream always rises to the top and the piece of crap films are normally forgotten and remain blips on the radar. When this prequel comes out and if it's terrible then it'll be just that: a terrible film. People will forget it and move on. There haven't been that many great halloween sequels either but none of them have tarnished the legacy of the original.

Jack

Rookie
Daps
Man, fukk all that. I just came in here to post this..

:dead:@ the nikka running over dude, jumping out the truck, beaning leatherface with the monkey wrench and then running for his fukking life

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
The best part of the OG Halloween is that you DON'T get that explanation...he's just the Shape of Evil, nothing more or less...there is no reason...one day, he just became an evil unstoppable killing machine...that's the most terrifying part and all the sequels fukked it up by adding story where it wasn't needed

:myman: The Shape died when they gave him a motive. Myers is still the GOAT though.

I've always thought that a Sam Loomis prequel would be interesting, especially if it covered the 15 years he spent with Michael and how he affected his life.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:myman: The Shape died when they gave him a motive. Myers is still the GOAT though.

I've always thought that a Sam Loomis prequel would be interesting, especially if it covered the 15 years he spent with Michael and how he affected his life.

But remember, in the OG, Loomis said thar Michael was catatonic and did not move for those 15 years he was in the sanitarium, so that movie would just be Loomis talking to a kid looking out the window...The Shape was always catatonic, driven by pure evil.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
But remember, in the OG, Loomis said thar Michael was catatonic and did not move for those 15 years he was in the sanitarium, so that movie would just be Loomis talking to a kid looking out the window...The Shape was always catatonic, driven by pure evil.

That would sort of be the backdrop. Remember after he spends spends 8 years trying to get contact out of Michael, he spends the next 7 trying to keep him locked up. Maybe the man had a family prior and his devotion to keeping Michael locked up led to him losing them, parts of his sanity and pretty much the rest of his life.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
That would sort of be the backdrop. Remember after he spends spends 8 years trying to get contact out of Michael, he spends the next 7 trying to keep him locked up. Maybe the man had a family prior and his devotion to keeping Michael locked up led to him losing them, parts of his sanity and pretty much the rest of his life.

I don't know breh...do you think people want to see an halloween prequel with NO MICHAEL stalking and killing in it? The producers would never front the money because nobody would wanna see it sans The Shape...

Let's not forget the debacle that was Halloween III: Season of the Witch and how pissed the nation was that the Shape was no where in it