The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Reno89

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I just heard his latest podcast, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Tariq really going in on Austin McBroom about old comments disparaging black women? Really?:why:

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Did tariq talk about Shaun king weird background and investigation?
He did before but it was short and on his ig live he talked about the article about him but said he has to read it before he comments

But for some reason tariq gives people like shaun, c tha god, floyd and other suspect people and c00ns passes

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
He did before but it was short and on his ig live he talked about the article about him but said he has to read it before he comments

But for some reason tariq gives people like shaun, c tha god, floyd and other suspect people and c00ns passes
He always been bad at vetting people out

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
True

Shaun done said a few slick things too him this year and he still gives him a pass

Last time they went at it on twitter Shaun couldn't answer some of the shyt Tariq was asking. I was getting on there asking Shaun to answer it and getting likes and Shaun still didn't answer. I know he saw it.

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Last time they went at it on twitter Shaun couldn't answer some of the shyt Tariq was asking. I was getting on there asking Shaun to answer it and getting likes and Shaun still didn't answer. I know he saw it.
Are you talking about the " we shouldn't call them white supremacist", tweet or the indians /latinos one??

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Dude been involved in shady dealings. Here is shaun king scandal charity (partner with Eva Longoria) that scam Haiti with his build homes for Haiti bullshyt during the 2010 earthquake . Its also connect to this weird mission Christian church in north part of Haiti. The link on site with shaun king and charity is now dead

The link thats now dead: http://www.nwhcm.org/tweets-meet-the-miriam-center

Here another strange Church promoting charities site Back in 2010:

TwitChange bills itself as “The only global celebrity auction where Twitter users can bid to get three things: be followed by their favorite celebrity on Twitter, retweeted, or mentioned by them in a special tweet!”

All proceeds from the TwitChange celebrity auction will go to aHomeInHaiti.org

TwitChange was founded by Shaun King, pastor of Courageous Church in Atlanta. Shaun has been out front leading relief efforts for Haiti almost from the time the ground stopped shaking. aHomeInHaiti.org has provided over $1.5 million in tents to homeless Haitians since the earthquake.

With the added leadership of Eva Longoria, celebrities from all walks of life have been signing up in droves to participate in TwitChange including Ryan Seacrest, the Jonas Brothers, Bret Michaels, Ricky Martin, Tony Robbins, Shaq, and Tony Hawk just to name a few of the dozens of actors, singers, athletes, and other well-known Twitter users joining the cause. (With more jumping in every day).

Here CNN promoting the Charity back in 2010:

TwitChange, a Twitter-based fundraiser that started Wednesday and runs through September 25, is giving users of the micro-blogging site a chance to get personal with more than 150 celebrities while helping troubled children in Haiti.

The campaign, backed heavily by actress Eva Longoria, was the brainchild of Shaun King, an Atlanta minister and activist. His charity, A Home in Haiti, got a huge boost when Longoria picked up the phone and called this year.

He pitched the idea of the first Twitter charity auction to her. The "Desperate Housewives" star, who's active on Twitter with more than 700,000 followers, helped hatch the plan, he said.

"At first, I was kind of skeptical," King said Thursday. "I believed she wanted to be involved, but I didn't know how it would make this kind of difference.

"But she got very, very involved. She's more into philanthropy than she is everything else; she acts and models and everything else so she can do philanthropy."

Less than 24 hours after the start of the campaign, which uses eBay auctions, the effort had raised between $75,000 and $100,000, King said.

He said that an exact total was hard to nail down because it's always changing.

Most celebrities offer four kinds of auctions on the site. People can donate to be followed on Twitter by the celeb, to get one of their messages "re-tweeted" by them, get mentioned in a post by the star or all three.

Many celebrities are offering bonuses like phone calls, autographs, merchandise and other gifts for their top bidders.

Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White, for example, will give his top bidder front-row seats next to him for to the company's next martial-arts event, as well as plane tickets and hotel fare. As of Thursday morning, he had a $4,550 pledge for the package.

Singer LeAnn Rimes will be giving away an autographed microphone, and motivational speaker Tony Robbins is giving a trip for two to Fiji.

Many of the special offers are just being promoted by the celebs on their Twitter feeds, King said, because eBay doesn't allow auctions to be changed once they've begun.

"Most of them are a Skype call, a phone call, things that are kind of low-effort, no-cost for them but pretty cool for a fan," said King, who said a page listing the special offers will be added to the TwitChange site this week.

The fundraiser is, of course, getting plenty of free publicity as the celebs chat it up to their thousands (sometimes millions) of followers.

"Jessica Alba knocked me out of the top 10?! Ok if u win the bid for me on twitchange, I'll send u a topless photo... Of my dog," actress Jewel Staite, beloved by sci-fi fans for her role on the short-lived "Firefly" series, wrote on her Twitter feed late Wednesday.

Longoria, of course, was writing about the campaign nearly constantly.

"You all are amazing! Thank you for dealing w/ so many tweets today," she wrote to her followers. "We believe in this cause and it works because YOU spread the word."

Considering Bieber's 5.2 million Twitter followers and the presence of other seven-figure-follow Twitter stars like Demi Moore and Shaquille O'Neal, the top bid as of Thursday morning might be considered a bit of a surprise.

Zachary Levi, who stars as geek-secret agent "Chuck" on the NBC series of the same name, had gotten a bid of $6,600 for his offering.

Unlike other stars, Levi, who has about 80,000 followers, was cagey about what his gift to his top bidder would be -- but promised it would be good.

"[T]he kind, amazing, generous soul who bids the most, and subsequently helps me beat out the competition... will be rewarded epically," he wrote. "Coffee date with yours truly? Cameo on the show? Marriage proposal? The world may never know."

Bieber's top bid Thursday morning was $2,325. Actress Alyssa Milano had hauled in a $3,050 pledge; Alba was at $3,075. Staite's dog photo had helped her shore up $2,025.

Like everything else on the internet, the fundraiser was drawing some snarky remarks on Thursday. Some Twitter users were mocking the concept of paying for a mention or follow from celebrities.

King said that's not the idea at all.

"We've interacted with a lot of the bidders," he said. "We know for sure that a huge percentage of the bidders may love this particular celebrity, but they're only giving the money because it's for charity."

Money from the auction will go initially to the Miriam Center, a home in earthquake-ravaged Haiti for children with autism, cerebral palsy and other special needs.

Pay for celebs to tweet for you (and charity) - CNN.com