The Tariq Nasheed Thread

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have visited many history museums around the world, mainly the ones with Afro artifacts and to be honest, from the very beginning, you could easily see that it would just go this way for Tariq's museum.

Because he is not a historian, he doesn't know much about history. In fact, as someone who is into history, some of the worst history takes that I have heard, came from him. And, history museums depend on studied and preserved artifacts, the authenticity of artifacts, huge funding, and constant archeological studies. Not on vibes like "We need a history museum".

Studied and preserved artifacts - History museums are typically built around a collection of artifacts that have historical significance. These artifacts must be carefully studied and preserved to ensure their accuracy and authenticity, which is a critical component of a history museum's mission. Without such artifacts, the museum would have nothing to display and its ability to fulfill its mission would be compromised. Are people going to pay just to see printed pictures of artifacts? Until when? Google is free...

Authenticity - History museums have a responsibility to present historical information accurately and authentically. Visitors expect to learn about history from experts who have studied the topic in-depth, and museums must meet these expectations by presenting information that is credible, factual, and up-to-date.

Huge funding - Maintaining and displaying historical artifacts requires significant resources and funding. History museums must invest in specialized equipment and personnel to ensure that the artifacts remain in good condition and that they are displayed safely and securely. Exhibitions, marketing, and other operational costs can also add up quickly, making huge funding an important consideration for many history museums.

Constant archaeological studies - History is constantly evolving, and new discoveries are being made all the time. History museums must stay up-to-date with the latest research and discoveries to maintain their relevance and provide accurate and compelling exhibits. This may require ongoing archaeological studies to uncover new artifacts or better understand existing ones.

You check these key factors and notice that Tariq has no understanding of any of them.

Also, another interesting thing...Have you guys ever noticed that he and most of his followers believe that most black people were already in the Americas and that only a small amount of Africans were trafficked to the US but, they never abandon ancient Egypt? 2 weeks ago I saw one of them claiming that he had zero DNA from the African continent at all but had multiple and recent posts saying that he was a descendant of ancient Egyptians...:lolbron:

An example of what I mean:

But he got a profile design of Nipsey Hussle’s head though…doesn’t that count, breh?

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Eh..

It is what it us @ this point....

I wanted to know exactly where TN"s museum was located..

Found it on the map..

Not trying to drive to Bity Stone hood to watch any comedy or see a few pictures on a wall..

Not mad @ TN.

I will see where his museum's status is a few years from now..

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I was waiting for this one.

The folks in here trying to pretend they don't know, or even worse, actually don't know that museums of all kinds regularly host events and parties. :mjlol:
Biggie got murdered after leaving a party. At a museum.:sas2:

On March 8, 1997, Wallace attended Soul Train Awards after-party hosted by Vibe and Qwest Records at the Petersen Automotive Museum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_the_Notorious_B.I.G.

Wile E. Coyote ass nikkas
16fd0444a1a028c12a335fc60f78f6b6ad78a10b.gifv

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
I will see where his museum's status is a few years from now..

I promise this place will be closed down by 2026, tops.

By the time he's done the last Nigerian birthday party in town he'll cash out, act like it never happened, and start rolling in donations for the FBA Hidden History Fitness Center.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I promise this place will be closed down by 2026, tops.

By the time he's done the last Nigerian birthday party in town he'll cash out, act like it never happened, and start rolling in donations for the FBA Hidden History Fitness Center.

BS aside..

Wouldn't doubt it...

I have no issue with TN, but I haven't listened to him in quite some time. I guess I grew tired of him going in on Black immigrants despite me agreeing with some of his points.

I am sure he will always find ways to make money whether his ventures succeed or fail. I wish him luck..

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
I was waiting for this one.

The folks in here trying to pretend they don't know, or even worse, actually don't know that museums of all kinds regularly host events and parties. :mjlol:
Biggie got murdered after leaving a party. At a museum.:sas2:

On March 8, 1997, Wallace attended Soul Train Awards after-party hosted by Vibe and Qwest Records at the Petersen Automotive Museum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_the_Notorious_B.I.G.

Wile E. Coyote ass nikkas
16fd0444a1a028c12a335fc60f78f6b6ad78a10b.gifv

Once again there's a difference between a real museum that has a limited cafe event space, or perhaps an auditorium theatre, and some street corner event space with a black history theme.

We know that a variety of "events" take place at museums. All venues hold "events" of some kind once in a while. But yall playing like every established museums has big weekly nights where they invite DJs, boost up their audio systems, turn out the lights, bring out their bartenders, and got folks drunk on juice, smoking weed next to their collection of million dollar paintings, sculpture and artifacts. Let alone focus the museum on that. You really comparing weekly parties to the 11th annual Soul Train Awards?

It's not a museum bro. It is not the grand political statement to "non-FBA" you wanted. You bought this nikka a club-bar with laminated posters and etsy ornaments. He told you with a slick smirk, its a club. Just a scam for him to fill his pockets. Once again. Congrats.

Keep thinking Africans and Caribbeans are your enemies. Refuse to see a scammer for who he is because you have a desperate need to feel envied and significant brehs.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
What hidden history did the museum reveal?

I thought the fba is delineating from africa, so what is a cheap looking Egyptian Pharaoh head statue doing at the museum?

The whole movement is a tragically sad, because it tries to suggest Black American history began with slavery..they were never in Africa and suddenly just appeared out of thin air in the US. :mjlol:

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Once again there's a difference between a real museum that has a limited cafe event space, or perhaps an auditorium theatre, and some street corner event space with a black history theme.

We know that a variety of "events" take place at museums. All venues hold "events" of some kind once in a while. But yall playing like every established museums has big weekly nights where they invite DJs, boost up their audio systems, turn out the lights, bring out their bartenders, and got folks drunk on juice, smoking weed next to their collection of million dollar paintings, sculpture and artifacts. Let alone focus the museum on that. You really comparing weekly parties to the 11th annual Soul Train Awards?

It's not a museum bro. It is not the grand political statement to "non-FBA" you wanted. You bought this nikka a club-bar with laminated posters and etsy ornaments. He told you with a slick smirk, its a club. Just a scam for him to fill his pockets. Once again. Congrats.

Keep thinking Africans and Caribbeans are your enemies. Refuse to see a scammer for who he is because you have a desperate need to feel envied and significant brehs.
I'll give you one go round.

What criteria decides what's a museum and what isn't? Square footage?
There's a legit museum in Detroit inside of a house. There's more than one museum inside a house, actually.

And no, museums don't hold events "once in a while". Regular events are part of of a museum's funding.

https://www.moma.org/support/entertaining-benefits/entertaining

The museums that you're comparing Tariq's to are usually either federal or state funded and even with that, they have active year round fundraising.
Some of that fundraising is through. Guess what? Throwing parties.

https://www.moma.org/support/entertaining-benefits/benefit-events
"MoMA’s annual Party in the Garden is the Museum’s biggest fundraiser of the year—and one of New York City’s most celebrated benefit events. Guests are invited to cocktails in the Museum’s celebrated Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Sculpture Garden, followed by dinner. The evening concludes with a lively after-party for over 1,000 guests."

Best believe at these other museums, they take donations year round.
Breh, there's something called a patron.

So what is your real gripe?

BTW, that museum inside of a house I was talking about looks like this:
Zw.jpg

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll give you one go round.

What criteria decides what's a museum and what isn't? Square footage?
There's a legit museum in Detroit inside of a house. There's more than one museum inside a house, actually.

And no, museums don't hold events "once in a while". Regular events are part of of a museum's funding.

https://www.moma.org/support/entertaining-benefits/entertaining

The museums that you're comparing Tariq's to are usually either federal or state funded and even with that, they have active year round fundraising.
Some of that fundraising is through. Guess what? Throwing parties.

https://www.moma.org/support/entertaining-benefits/benefit-events
"MoMA’s annual Party in the Garden is the Museum’s biggest fundraiser of the year—and one of New York City’s most celebrated benefit events. Guests are invited to cocktails in the Museum’s celebrated Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Sculpture Garden, followed by dinner. The evening concludes with a lively after-party for over 1,000 guests."

Best believe at these other museums, they take donations year round.
Breh, there's something called a patron.

So what is your real gripe?

BTW, that museum inside of a house I was talking about looks like this:
Zw.jpg

Tried to tell y’all a year ago
but Willie D told me to let a hoe be a hoe so
I couldn’t stop you from getting ganked

Now go sign up for monthly donations to the museum family. :lolbron: