The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Black people are actually owed something tho:pachaha:
I agree but the concept of "debt" is only as useful a creditor's ability to enforce it and the debtor's willingness to play along. If it weren't for the law and the concept of credit, I would pay off my student loans.

Slavery wasn't illegal when the US was practicing it and the institution was morally justified on every level. Saying cacs "owe" is nothing more than an attempt to hedge our bets on white guilty; somethiny whites indulge in, in so far as it doesn't inconvenience them. Sitting on the sidelines waiting for what's owed and for people to pay our dues is a losing strategy. We wouldn't do that shyt if our next door neighbor "owed" us money.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Just last week he was sowing seeds of doubt on that other reparations rally because Cory Booker and Sheila Jackson-Lee were rumored to speak. People were actually mad at the idea of it... So basically, Don't press Republicans because it’s The Democrats that owe us-- but if that pressure actually makes them open to engaging the people on a grassroots platform then:

Yeah nice try :rudy: Get that bootlicking shill shyt outta here :camby:
I always wondered how to spell "nyehh":russ:
You already know I got it from you breh :pachaha:

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
It is interesting that Tim Scott isn’t being chased around by folks asking him about reparations.

Why don’t they ask him? He’s likely to get the VP nomination.

Tim Scott and the party they are catering to isn't marketing to black people or base their strategies off being there for black people needs. Jesus Christ do y'all use y'all heads?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yeah you’re covered in it this morning like
kid-lotion.gif
It's not what I personally beleive is what's happening It's a thought experiment.

Like I said at the end of the day all you got to do is just let him talk and he'll eventually show how smart dumb he is.

For example all you'd have to say to Tariq is If #DontVote is the answer and the democrats are the only problem why not you (meaning Tariq) run for office?

Oh can't convince enough Black people to elect you to the school board.? Oh if you did win and you tried to do something they'd kill me

Then all they'd have to say is that's how every Democrat in office feels right now If they did give FBA "tangibles' That some white boy would go on a send off mission to kill you and like you I ain't dying for these stupid ass nikkas.

That's how Tariq feels and that's how 99,99% of FBA people feel, If they can get free without any real effort or sacrifice on my part I'm all for it but if nikkas got to be in chains for a 1000 years but me and mines is good Im a-ok with that.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just last week he was sowing seeds of doubt on that other reparations rally because Cory Booker and Sheila Jackson-Lee were rumored to speak. People were actually mad at the idea of it... So basically, Don't press Republicans because it’s The Democrats that owe us-- but if that pressure actually makes them open to engaging the people on a grassroots platform then:

Yeah nice try :rudy: Get that bootlicking shill shyt outta here :camby:

You already know I got it from you breh :pachaha:

They invited him to that rally and he declined. He is going to throw a Janky last minute face saving rally instead. His supporters will claim it’s the most significant rally since the I Have a Dream rally.

Ironically, just a year ago, TN and his supporters were mocking civil rights leaders for holding Rallies/marches.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Tim Scott and the party they are catering to isn't marketing to black people or base their strategies off being there for black people needs. Jesus Christ do y'all use y'all heads?

But things get a little murky when people like Marcel Dixon claim that Tim Scott has done more for black south Caroliners than Jim Clyburn.

Or how about when Tariq said he would support Herschel Walker over Warnock

53:30

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree but the concept of "debt" is only as useful a creditor's ability to enforce it and the debtor's willingness to play along. If it weren't for the law and the concept of credit, I would pay off my student loans.

Slavery wasn't illegal when the US was practicing it and the institution was morally justified on every level. Saying cacs "owe" is nothing more than an attempt to hedge our bets on white guilty; somethiny whites indulge in, in so far as it doesn't inconvenience them. Sitting on the sidelines waiting for what's owed and for people to pay our dues is a losing strategy. We wouldn't do that shyt if our next door neighbor "owed" us money.
Bruh no black folks are actually owed 40 acres and a mule that we never received:russ:

Even the slavemasters got reparations for losing their income base

This ain't a rhetorical issue them nikkas actual didn't pay black folks what we were promised

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh no black folks are actually owed 40 acres and a mule that we never received:russ:

This ain't a rhetorical issue them nikkas actual didn't pay black folks what we were promised
To add on too your point
President Abraham Lincoln signed the original Homestead Act into law during the second year of the Civil War. Between 1868 and 1934, it granted 246 million acres of western land – an area close to the land mass of both California and Texas – to individual Americans, virtually for free. To receive 160 acres of government land, claimants had to complete a three-part process: first, file an application. Second, improve the land for five years. Third, file for the deed of ownership.

Because of the date of the Act’s passage, few people from the South initially received any benefit from it. Yet given that it effectively remained in place until 1934, well over 1.5 million white families – both American-born and immigrant – eventually profited from it. And, although the process was rife with fraud, as many homesteaders sold their plots to corporations, the original claimants pocketed the income from land sales, establishing a basis of wealth and capital. By the end of the Act, more than 270 million acres of western land had been transferred to individuals, almost all of whom were white. Nearly 10 per cent of all the land in the entire US was given to homesteaders for little more than a filing fee.

Enacted in 1866 shortly after the end of the Civil War, the Southern Homestead Act (SHA) was supposed to function much like the original Act. During the first year of the SHA, unoccupied southern land was offered exclusively to African Americans and loyal whites, but after 1867 even landless former Confederates applied.

Although the SHA ostensibly offered a solution to several pressing Reconstruction-era issues, in reality, a large percentage of the land offered was un-farmable, being either heavily wooded or covered with swamps. Furthermore, it was hard to administratively arrange homesteading, as many southern states had only one land office. Depending on where the office was located, it could take several weeks to simply make the trip, meaning the bureaucratic duties cost far more than the filing fees for the actual land.

Furthermore, the recently emancipated owned no cash and had no experience in dealing with the government, rendering the process even more difficult. But perhaps the biggest hurdle for freedpeople involved the year-long labour contracts they had been cajoled or forced into signing shortly after slavery was outlawed. Leaving a job before the end date of a contract frequently resulted in virtual re-enslavement on a chain gang. Indeed, blacks had been locked into these contracts until the very date (1 January 1867) that they stopped receiving special homesteading benefits.

By the end of the SHA 10 years later, nearly 28,000 individuals had been awarded land. Combined with the claimants of the original Homestead Act, then, more than 1.6 million white families – both native-born and immigrant – succeeded in becoming landowners during the next several decades. Conversely, only 4,000 to 5,500 African-American claimants ever received final land patents from the SHA.

The Homestead Acts were unquestionably the most extensive, radical, redistributive governmental policy in US history. The number of adult descendants of the original Homestead Act recipients living in the year 2000 was estimated to be around 46 million people, about a quarter of the US adult population. If that many white Americans can trace their legacy of wealth and property ownership to a single entitlement programme, then the perpetuation of black poverty must also be linked to national policy. Indeed, the Homestead Acts excluded African Americans not in letter, but in practice – a template that the government would propagate for the next century and a half.

With the advent of emancipation, therefore, blacks became the only race in the US ever to start out, as an entire people, with close to zero capital. Having nothing else upon which to build or generate wealth, the majority of freedmen had little real chance of breaking the cycles of poverty created by slavery, and perpetuated by federal policy. The stain of slavery, it seems, is much more widespread and lasting than many Americans have admitted. Yet it is the legacy of the Reconstruction – particularly the failure of land redistribution – that so closely coupled poverty and race in the US.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I know this seemed like a smart response in your head before you typed it. Unfortunately, it’s not.

Republicans aren’t marketing to Black people?

Does TLR know this? They appear to be doing a lot of marketing there.
Do Kanye and Candace know this?
How about Diamond and Silk?
Or the Blacks for Trump guys who stand behind him at events?

Instead of responding to me go think about it.

Peace.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

Sherman's orders? It only applied to a fraction of us in like Florida, swamp lands.

One could argue his order's were moot by the end of the war...or he didn't have the executive powers to even issue it. But thats irrelevant since president Jackson invalidated them with his own orders.

Again I agree but we not the ones who need convincing on this. There isn't any legal basis for reparations and all we have to bet on is white guilt. And that's if we are prepared to wait around for them to act right.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I know this seemed like a smart response in your head before you typed it. Unfortunately, it’s not.

Republicans aren’t marketing to Black people?

Does TLR know this? They appear to be doing a lot of marketing there.
Do Kanye and Candace know this?
How about Diamond and Silk?
Or the Blacks for Trump guys who stand behind him at events?

Instead of responding to me go think about it.

Peace.

The GOP has always been :yeshrug:when it came to the black vote. If they can get a extra token nikkas it's cool with them. It's not gonna hurt them. They usually bank on that CAC and Latino vote because they shift elections which is why demands are catered too. Black people on the other hand play football politics instead of applying pressure on both parties which is why we lose in the long run with the Dems not contributing shyt because of our lack of demands and the GOP whom really don't give a damn about blacks anyway.

Give me a time where the GOP had a huge black turnout I'll wait for this one..

Last edited:

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
But things get a little murky when people like Marcel Dixon claim that Tim Scott has done more for black south Caroliners than Jim Clyburn.

Or how about when Tariq said he would support Herschel Walker over Warnock

53:30

I can't speak for them but me personally I'd use That as strategy champ. You don't want them to think your vote is already on lock and they give you no rhyme and reason to why you should vote. The black vote should no longer be a in pocket vote but a swing vote so demands could be met.

I'd tell him Yeah I'd vote for Walker just to see what Warnock would do to meet my demands and requirements even though I personally wouldn't and vice versa If we can turn the black vote into a swing vote we wouldn't suffer as badly. Especially if these rednecks in the GOP gain full power but that ship long sailed

Last edited: