The Switch Will Be 2 Generations Behind Once PS5 & Series X Comes Out

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I'd guess an upgraded model will come out next year

The new systems are coming out this year, but being that year 2 is when they stop making previous gen games and focus solely on the new systems, I don' think they need to be worried/in a rush

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
maan fukk all that :childplease: i'm tired of nintendo stans pretending power doesn't matter, like yall wouldn't want to play a Zelda/Metroid game with cutting-edge graphics, ray tracing, 4K and all that good stuff :mjpls: yall stay giving Nintendo a pass for cheaping out on hardware for reasons unknown to me:mindblown: the Switch is basically an overclocked 360 (2005 tech breh) :pachaha:

graphics matter bytch :myman:

I take it you missed the part where I said I have the other 2 consoles too? :comeon:

Graphics matter but overall fun/gameplay is what’s most important at the end of the day, and Nintendo has that locked down. Plus they’ve got a ton of great games I can play with kids/family that you can’t play anywhere. That’s all it takes breh:manny:

Plus the art style for most Nintendo games doesn’t necessarily need a ton of photo realism. Obviously super hi-def graphics are dope, but it’s not like games like Zelda, Smash Bros, etc look bad by any means

What I don’t get is why some of y’all are so concerned with what other people are playing? I could be playing Snake on a Nokia track phone as my primary console and as long as I was having fun with it, why tf would you care?:heh:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
maan fukk all that :childplease: i'm tired of nintendo stans pretending power doesn't matter, like yall wouldn't want to play a Zelda/Metroid game with cutting-edge graphics, ray tracing, 4K and all that good stuff :mjpls: yall stay giving Nintendo a pass for cheaping out on hardware for reasons unknown to me:mindblown:

Power doesn’t matter though. It’s not that we don’t want powerful Nintendo hardware it’s just that we know Nintendo has not been that type of company for a long time now.
Especially not now with the form factor of the Nintendo Switch, they’re pretty crippled in terms of how much power they can add.

the Switch is basically an overclocked 360 (2005 tech breh) :pachaha:

graphics matter bytch :myman:

No. Just...no.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The switch is a handheld with console abilities. They will be good because it's a handheld like 3ds and ds which sold well while high powered consoles exisisted.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The switch still has 2-3 years left, and will approach 100 mill before its finished.

By the time the next switch comes out, next gen hardware will be cheaper and there will be plenty of next gen titles to port to the system.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
and Nintendo stans will be like :ooh: "omg 4k at 30fps! the power!" :banderas:

Nah we'll be too busy eating off them first party classics to worry about that bullshyt.

Graphics are only improving incrementally at this point anyway so this is nothing like previous eras where the leaps forward in gens were huge.

Plus Sony and Microsoft devs are always a generation behind Nintendo in terms of gameplay innovation. I know what I'd rather have

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
How did the Wii do against the more powerful competition?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
All they really need to do is put out a new model Switch in a few years with some improvements. They're on cruise control and don't need Sony or Microsoft games.

pretty much this. For sure it's coming. But everything seems to be alright now. And the pres himself said that there's no worries for them once XSX and PS5 drop. We'll see how it goes.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
How did the Wii do against the more powerful competition?
good first party games. tons of trash 3rd party games. hopefully the switch gets vitas japan japanese support, or the same will happen again

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Nintendo has 100% ownership of the handheld market. On top of that they have more system sellers then sony/microsoft combined.

Nintendo has and always will play their own game. Animal crossing is the biggest game releasing this month when u also have both Doom and RE3 coming this month as well. That should tell u something.

Any real gamer knows Nintendo systems compliments another system. No one really looks at nintendo as direct competition to Sony/Microsoft.