The streets say Kyrie should be the finals mvp - UPDATE: Kevin Durant and other nba players agree.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

@NYC Rebel

:mindblown:

And u are accusing me of arguing against myself.

How does saying thay people dont want Bron to have help indicate that he doesnt have any?

This whole thread is based on people being in their feelings that Bron actually got some help. I mocked them and their shifting. Somehow that = me saying somebody said he didnt have help :dead:.

If you dont get it I really dont know what else to tell you.

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
Another interesting stat per RealCavsFans

GS put up a 114.5 ORTG in the RS (slightly >115 by some tweaked poss calculations), #12 all time and #3 all time when adjusting for the league average defense.

In Games 3-7 (Cavs 4-1 with +10 MOV and 116.4 ORTG btw) coinciding with the adjustment, GS put up a 105.1 ORTG!! With Lebron on the floor, GS put up a 101.2 ORTG. Lebron put up 33/12/8/2/3on 58% TS during those 5 games.

tone wone

That Dude!
Daps
Reppin
I'm cool with that. But Africans out here legit lowballin' Kyrie like he didn't contribute at a great level that game. You a Cavs fan so I know that you gave props where it was do. But these LeBron cats are trippin'.
Breh, Bron fans aint trippin. Who's "low-ballin" Kyrie? Its you dudes with the outrageous statements..
Kyrie fukked shyt up in that 2nd half while Bron Bron was no where to be found. Kyrie clinched the game and the series. Hell Kevin Love was the one that got switched on to Curry and locked him up. If not for Kyrie in Game 5 these Africans would still be yelling that Bron Bron needs more help. Now that he has the ring tho, it was all Bron Bron. :rudy:
I mean the ridiculous of this entire post. "Bron was nowhere to be found" thats how the 2nd half of game 7 played out? There aint a Bron stan on this site or anywhere else who wasn't floored by Kyries game 5. Yet its you dudes who act like Bron was playing games on his phone while Kyrie was getting buckets.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thread has some quality 'Seum comedy.

It's over, fam. All the agendas are sunk. Even my own feeling that LeBron hd Jordan/Magic talent but a bit too much Patrick Ewing swag. All that needs to be buried. That man is better than just about everyone who has ever played the game of basketball.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

It's over, fam. All the agendas are sunk. Even my own feeling that LeBron hd Jordan/Magic talent but a bit too much Patrick Ewing swag. All that needs to be buried. That man is better than just about everyone who has ever played the game of basketball.

If Kobe can get shat upon for going 6-24 then I can shyt on Bron Bron for going 9-24.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Kyries overall impact on the series was greater than LeBron fom the perspective of what we believed we'd get to what we actually received.

:skip:

That has to be the single dumbest argument for Finals MVP that I've ever heard.

"It's not an MVP award, it's a 'who's the mediocre player who improved on expectations the best' award!"

It's funny becuz when they won, I didn't really trip until muhfukkas started going out of there way to celebrate Bron Bron and not give Kyrie his props. Kyrie fukked shyt up in that 2nd half while Bron Bron was no where to be found. Kyrie clinched the game and the series. Hell Kevin Love was the one that got switched on to Curry and locked him up. If not for Kyrie in Game 5 these Africans would still be yelling that Bron Bron needs more help. Now that he has the ring tho, it was all Bron Bron. :rudy:

2nd half
Kyrie 17 points (5 in the 4th)
LeBron 15 points (11 in the 4th) 6 assists (5 in the 3rd)

Yeah, you got owned.

Only on the Coli is 15 points and 6 assists in a half "nowhere to be found".

Lebron had 9 points in the final 6 minutes of the game, OUTSCORING ALL OTHER PLAYERS FROM BOTH TEAMS COMBINED.

But only on the Coli are 3rd-quarter points more important than the last 6 minutes of a tight game. :skip:

Kyrie was a +10. LeBron was a +4

lebron play pretty much the whole game.. minus i think 1 minute..

the game ended +4.. what are the chances lebron ends +4 ?

you expect someone who plays the whole game to be +19 when the whole freaking game ended +4??????????????????????

+1 is what you need to win... so this win is fully..FULLY impacted by lebron.

Like G-Zeus said, Lebron played the WHOLE game. So his +/- is the same as whatever the game's +/- is.

Lebron has a lower +/- because he has to be in the game for all of the 2nd-unit minutes. Meanwhile, Kyrie is resting and then getting the advantage of only playing with the 1st unit.

The first time Kyrie sat was for 4 minutes in the 2nd quarter. Lebron had to carry a unit of Shump/Mo/Jefferson/TT. They went -3 in four minutes, which isn't bad considering.

The second time Kyrie sat was for 1 minute in the 4th quarter. This time Lebron was carrying Shump/JR/Jefferson/TT. They went -3 in one minute.

That's the difference between +10 and +4. Because Lebron is so valuable that he HAS to be on the floor at all times, while Kyrie can get rest while Lebron props up the 2nd unit by himself.

9-24 >>>>>>> 6-24

:umad:

No shyt.

In Kobestan, shooting 38% suddenly makes shooting 25% okay??? :ohhh:

9-24 with a three is SEVEN more points off field goals than 6-24 with no threes.

But I guess those were a meaningless 7 points?

Not to mention that Lebron had NINE more assists than Kobe in the game too, and was more impressive on defense, and had more big plays on both offense and defense down the stretch, AND the Warriors were a much better team than the 2010 Celtics.

No, Kobe's 6-24 is still 6-24.

Opponents' shooting against LeBron in Games 5, 6, and 7 in the Finals

Overall: 2.7/12.7, 21.1%, opponents usually shoot 47.9%, -26.8

Threes: .7/5, 13.3%, opponents usually shoot 40.4%; -27%

Twos: 2/7.7, 26.1%, opponents usually shoot 53.3%, -27.2%

Less than 6 ft: 1/5, 20%, opponents usually shoot 62.4%, -42.4%

Less than 10 ft: 1.3/6, 22.2%, opponents usually shoot 57.3%; -35.1%

Greater than 15 ft: 1/6.3, 15.8%; opponents usually shoot 40.5%; -24.7%

Look at those numbers. So, not only did James average 36/12/10/3/3 on 51%/42%/73% splits over the final three games, but he also completely shut down scoring from whomever he was guarding.

Well damn. :whoo:

And these Dummies want to say he wasn't finals MVP:laff:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:skip:

That has to be the single dumbest argument for Finals MVP that I've ever heard.

"It's not an MVP award, it's a 'who's the mediocre player who improved on expectations the best' award!"

Yeah, you got owned.

Only on the Coli is 15 points and 6 assists in a half "nowhere to be found".

Lebron had 9 points in the final 6 minutes of the game, OUTSCORING ALL OTHER PLAYERS FROM BOTH TEAMS COMBINED.

But only on the Coli are 3rd-quarter points more important than the last 6 minutes of a tight game. :skip:

Like G-Zeus said, Lebron played the WHOLE game. So his +/- is the same as whatever the game's +/- is.

Lebron has a lower +/- because he has to be in the game for all of the 2nd-unit minutes. Meanwhile, Kyrie is resting and then getting the advantage of only playing with the 1st unit.

The first time Kyrie sat was for 4 minutes in the 2nd quarter. Lebron had to carry a unit of Shump/Mo/Jefferson/TT. They went -3 in four minutes, which isn't bad considering.

The second time Kyrie sat was for 1 minute in the 4th quarter. This time Lebron was carrying Shump/JR/Jefferson/TT. They went -3 in one minute.

That's the difference between +10 and +4. Because Lebron is so valuable that he HAS to be on the floor at all times, while Kyrie can get rest while Lebron props up the 2nd unit by himself.

No shyt.

In Kobestan, shooting 38% suddenly makes shooting 25% okay??? :ohhh:

9-24 with a three is SEVEN more points off field goals than 6-24 with no threes.

But I guess those were a meaningless 7 points?

Not to mention that Lebron had NINE more assists than Kobe in the game too, and was more impressive on defense, and had more big plays on both offense and defense down the stretch, AND the Warriors were a much better team than the 2010 Celtics.

No, Kobe's 6-24 is still 6-24.

Well damn. :whoo:
Thats literally the only reason they gave iggy the mvp last year so if you think its dumb be mad at the voters for setting the precedent :yeshrug:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Thats literally the only reason they gave iggy the mvp last year so if you think its dumb be mad at the voters for setting the precedent :yeshrug:

So because "the voters" made a 7-4 decision last year for Iggy, all future voters are bound to honor the exact same logic that won a controversial MVP in 2015? That's stupid as hell.

And that wasn't even the logic. The reason they gave Iggy the MVP last year was because the series turned from a 2-1 Cavs lead to a 4-2 Warriors win when the Warriors inserted Iggy into the starting lineup and literally stopped playing Bogut completely, started running him 40 minutes/game and guarding Lebron 24/7, and made him a bigger focus on the offense. He averaged 20-7-4 with 2 steals and was on fire from three-point range in those last three games, while defending the most important player on the court the whole time. Ended up being 2nd in points, 2nd in rebounds, and 3rd in assists while looking like the most important defender (though Green might actually have been that guy) and shooting far more efficiently than anyone else.

Since the series seemed to turn on those three big Iggy games, while Steph kept doing the same thing he'd been doing all series (except for one big game 6), and since Lebron lost, Iggy ended up winning that 7-4 vote because he won the narrative.

Not saying it was a good decision - I would have had Lebron #1, Steph #2, Iggy #3.

Kyrie didn't have close to the same narrative this year. Lebron had monster games in all four Cav wins. The three wins at the end weren't defined by Kyrie going off in all three games, but by Lebron putting up 36-12-10-3-3, absolutely sick. Kyrie was good, but he wasn't as good as Lebron over 7, wasn't as good as Lebron in the 4 wins, wasn't as good as Lebron in the last three games, wasn't as good as Lebron in Game 7, wasn't as good as Lebron in the 4th quarter of Game 7, and wasn't as good as Lebron in the last five minutes.

How the hell is he going to win the narrative when he's a less valuable player AND all the intangibles point to Lebron too?

Only people who wanted Kyrie to win MVP are his fanboys and people who were tired of Lebron winning it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Cheese Eyes fans won't like this man....you sure you wanna go down this route? :to: