The Steam Universe is Expanding in 2014 (steambox?)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just you wait. They will team up with Samsung to make 1080p upgradeable HTPCTVs running on SteamOS :blessed:

VzYEgqF.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
that would be an atomic bomb if they announced you could use your ps4 as a steambox. I highly doubt sony would be into that though, since they count on that money from their licensed games. cats gonna have to jailbreak that shyt :heh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
With SteamOS, “openness” means that the hardware industry can iterate in the living room at a much faster pace than they’ve been able to.

this is an interesting quote

bringing the PC experience to the living room :blessed:

:troll:

real talk though, static consoles gonna get left in the dust eventually

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
this is an interesting quote

bringing the PC experience to the living room :blessed:

:troll:

real talk though, static consoles gonna get left in the dust eventually
The fact that consoles have been able to stick around so long with the way tech moves these days is incredible.

Valve gets this right and many other companies will try to follow.

I mean I have given some great thought to this, what exactly is needed to build a solid platform? The main things to get down is the motherboard, it has to be a fairly new chipset at the start to keep it all moving, then have a platform that can easily be upgraded. I don't think upgrading a traditional CPU is for the faint of heart as bending one pin can destroy a $200-$300 processor immediately.

I really want to see how this all plays out by Friday

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The fact that consoles have been able to stick around so long with the way tech moves these days is incredible.

Valve gets this right and many other companies will try to follow.

I mean I have given some great thought to this, what exactly is needed to build a solid platform? The main things to get down is the motherboard, it has to be a fairly new chipset at the start to keep it all moving, then have a platform that can easily be upgraded. I don't think upgrading a traditional CPU is for the faint of heart as bending one pin can destroy a $200-$300 processor immediately.

I really want to see how this all plays out by Friday

that would be cool, but I think a new more modular mobo/cpu setup might be a little beyond what Valve can do. although maybe they can pressure the hardware peeps into doing something like that

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
so steambox means i can play pc games with the highest quality and without headache of pc parts and cost?