The so called "GREAT" Josh Allen

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Now I will admit he did have a great playoff run the season before last (he scored a TD every drive against Pat's in playoffs and 4 TDs to Davis and had lead that Mahomes scored a FG in 13 seconds I believe) but since then he regressed and wasn't good in playoffs last year.

He was awful tonight...just awful
He’s always off versus the Jets. Even in 2021, when he had that deep playoff run. That week 16 game it was still a 10 three game going into the fourth quarter. He hasn’t played well versus the Jets.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
He’s always off versus the Jets. Even in 2021, when he had that deep playoff run. That week 16 game it was still a 10 three game going into the fourth quarter. He hasn’t played well versus the Jets.
It didn't seem that bad at first but it'd getting worst how he plays against them....tonight was inexcusable.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hilarious how SNF and MNF were perfect examples of how certain QBs are the benefactors of narratives that other QBs never get. A black Daniel Jones doesn't get that contract. He becomes a journeyman and then, if he finds the perfect situation he sticks around (see: Geno Smith), if not he's out the league. Josh Allen out here turning the ball over like Jameis Winston yet no one is questioning his mental ability to "see/read the field" or wondering if changes need to be made. Am I saying Allen is trash and needs to go? No. But I got a bad feeling about where Buffalo is going with this guy. I feel good about Mahomes, obviously, in the AFC. I feel good about Burrow. I think Watson is going to shake off the rust and ball out in Cleveland. If Tua can stay healthy (LOL) I feel good about Miami. I really think this could be the year Buffalo really regresses, at which point they're gonna have to answer some tough questions.

Also funny how their coach isn't getting hit with "maybe he's not the guy to get them to the next level" accusations like certain other coaches get hit with...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Madden Curse….

"Madden Curse" is just regression to the norm plus selection bias. Exact same as Sports Illustrated curse. If players end up on the cover right after a career season, then basic odds suggest their next season isn't going to be as good. And if it is just as good, then you forget about that example and only count the times the "curse" worked.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I will admit I myself was bamboozled.... but YIKES

AmericanRace.jpeg

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
to me, Josh Allen really plays like he doesn't give a fukk...in a way that's like, "man, fukk all this bullshyt...i don't care".

as opposed to a cocky, "i can make any throw, anywhere, anytime because i'm Brett Favre" kind of way.
:jbhmm: