The Simpsons are getting rid of Apu

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why not just switch the character up? Have him retire and focus more on him and his family
This, no I haven’t watched the show regularly for some time now, but when I did, apu is one of the side characters I really liked. They could’ve easily just had him in hi jinks episodes with homer or placed around his house/family and not in the store.

Furthermore, since when is owning your own business a stereotype? Like cmon, Indians cashing in on 7-11’s, Chinese cash in on laundry, Koreans with hair supply and corner stores, Vietnamese with nail salons, middle easterners got corner stores...why are we going to act like these immigrant groups don’t carve out niches?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anybody know anyone who still watches the new episodes every Sunday?

I stopped maybe 12 years ago

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I’m the only one on here that likes the new episodes of The Simpson’s :dwillhuh:

I don't watch regularly, but I saw some reruns of more recent Halloween episodes not long ago and they weren't that bad.

I still think they would have been better off stopping the weekly series at the movie, then just focus on Halloween specials, etc as well as sequel movies with the characters aging up each time.

It's stupid that Lisa is still supposed to be 8 years old. She hasn't really been an "8 year old" since WAY back in the days of the Tracy Ulman short episodes.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Saying that they should've called it quits is like singing to the choir at this point because it's never going to end until (and this sounds terrible) one of the major voice actors pass away, and even then, they'll probably recast. I've got my box sets of the good seasons and I think the only time that I've watched The Simpsons with keen interest in the last decade was when the Family Guy (another stale show) crossover happened. The point is: People still watch, so they'll continue with more seasons, even though they are way past the expiration date of their prime.