The Simpsons are getting rid of Apu

Daps
Some ppl stopped watching because it grew stale.

Fox is constantly cancelling good shows, but the simpsons has been trash for a min and gets a pass.

That's because more people watch the simpsons than whatever irrelevant show you stan.

Do you dudes understand how the television industry works?

:russ:

Nobody cares what nerds on the internet consider "quality". If no one watches those shows, they get cancelled.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
That's because more people watch the simpsons than whatever irrelevant show you stan.

Do you dudes understand how the television industry works?

:russ:

Nobody cares what nerds on the internet consider "quality". If no one watches those shows, they get cancelled.
giphy.gif

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I’m the only one on here that likes the new episodes of The Simpson’s :dwillhuh:

Low key the past couple of seasons have been decent. Not quite great but solid.

With that said. I understood what Apu's intent was in the earlier years of the show also the other ethnic characters were supposed to be foil to the casual racism of Springfield as a whole. Unfortunately Apu did become a stereotype around the time he married his wife and had kids and it went downhill from there. Its not as if though Apu has been a major side character in some years so we won't miss him.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I can't believe this show is still on. I don't understand the controversy. The character has been around for nearly 30 years and I don't recall Indians getting upset with the character throughout the 90s and 2000s.
It's mainly online white SJWs who are mad about it.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
what happens when you goto a 7-11 and actually see a person that sounds like Apu? leave in disgust with yourself for making the connection between comedy and reality, then demand that the show be canceled because they accurately depicted a piece of Americana