The Simpsons are getting rid of Apu

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Producer Adi Shankar (Dredd, Lone Survivor), citing sources close to long-running Fox animated series The Simpsons, claims the series is quietly dropping Apu Nahasapeemapetilon following controversiesthat have emerged surrounding the character.

“I got some disheartening news back, that I’ve verified from multiple sources now: They’re going to drop the Apu character altogether,” Shankar told IndieWire. “They aren’t going to make a big deal out of it, or anything like that, but they’ll drop him altogether just to avoid the controversy.”

In May, the Indian-American producer launched a screenwriting contest, open to anyone, intended to “solve the problem” with Apu, who in recent years has been accused of being an inappropriate and insensitive racial caricature.

Shankar, who in the past has produced unauthorized “bootleg” projects inspired by Power Rangers and Marvel Comics characters like Venom and the Punisher, said he would present the winning script to Fox and see it produced by either The Simpsons filmmakers or as an unofficial fan-film financed by himself.

‘The Simpsons’ Is Reportedly Eliminating Apu from the Series

shyt just last night I found out Simpson’s was still running :russ: but damn, how they gon dead my nikka Apu like that? :gucci: