The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
The worst thing Kobe could do is try to rush back and end up injuring his Achilles again. 4 months seems a little too early to come back from that type of injury.

GMOGMediaTV

GMOGMedia.tv
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I guess we need some mundane fukkery in order to balance out the white dominant societies racial assumptions of blacks post George Zimmerman trial.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Agree. Lakers still want C/PF for vet's min. Odom remains a possibility. RT @norabovic: @Mike_Bresnahan They need another big who can score.
:beli: Odom taking longer to decide when to sign than in 09.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Ira Winderman: Mid-level again could be option for Heat. RT @Hydrogen1914 Could Heat now make a move for Lamar Odom now that they used amnesty on miller?
Alan Hahn: Behind on TL, so Miller is officially amnestied. Worth a look, Knicks fans? My thinking is he ends up in LA (D'Antoni) or Minnesota (Flip).
Tom Haberstroh: Per ESPN's Nick Silva, only 4 teams can place bid on Mike Miller during 48-hr amnesty waiver period: DAL, MIL, PHI, SAC.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Los Angeles Lakers 'close' to hiring Kurt Rambis - source - ESPN Los Angeles

Lakers 'close' to hiring Kurt Rambis

The Los Angeles Lakers are "close" to hiring Kurt Rambis for their coaching staff, a source with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday.

Rambis, an ESPN analyst, has been an assistant coach with the Lakers on and off between 1994 and 2009. He was Phil Jackson's lead assistant for all five of his championships with the Lakers.

In 2009, he left to become coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves, but was fired after just two seasons with the rebuilding club. His return to the Lakers is seen as a stabilizing force because of his experience and institutional knowledge of the franchise.

Rambis has been seen in Las Vegas, spending time watching summer league games alongside Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni and his brother, Dan.

The Lakers are also expected to hire former Orlando Magic coach Johnny Davis, the source said.

Summer League Player Breakdown
Summer League: Player Breakdown « Lakers Blog

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 2h
Mitch Kupchak at Chris Kaman's press conference: "I think an underappreciated defender and offensively I think he's going to fit in well"

Chris Kaman is wearing No. 9, following in Nick Van Exel & Matt Barnes' Lakers footsteps, eschewing his old No. 35

Chris Kaman: "There's a lot of changes being made around here, and I hope it all works out for the better"

Chris Kaman: "There wasn't a ton of options. Waiting for Dwight to make his decision kind of jammed it up for the (free agent) big guys"

Chris Kaman on possibly coming off the bench back up Pau vs. starting alongside him: "It doesn't matter to me"

Chris Kaman on shaving his beard: "Who wants to see me coming in here looking like a caveman?" Says his wife made him shave it.

Chris Kaman asked about his "battles" with Kobe over the years: "I don't know if those were battles ..."

Kaman asked if he's talked to any of the Lakers since signing: "No. I've been out in the woods the last month and a half"

Kaman said there was "zero significance" behind him choosing to wear No. 9. He wanted a single digit and 9 was the highest number availbale

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, and Kevin Love have talked about possibility of playing for ‪#‎Lakers‬. They were teammates on Team USA.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
landryfist.gif