The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Lamar Odom is weighing whether to sign with the Lakers or Clippers on a one-year, $1.4 million contract.

Odom, 33, has not drawn interest from many teams.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
:whoo:

I'm starting to like some of these moves we're making.. I didn't think we'd get Nick Young. But I guess signing Farmar helped with that:

AK: Can you talk about how Jordan Farmar helped you with the SAT?

NY: It really started because me and Jordan played on the same traveling team, Pump n' Run, and our relationship really gained a little bit from there. Once I started hearing his name, I guess you started hearing mine, because we was in rival schools. So we always had a little trash talking here and there.

One day, he sent me, like, Christmas. I got a package from Jordan Farmar and I was shocked. It was some SAT books, something he told me to study on. He used them. They worked for him. And he had a note that said you need this opportunity because you're a great player and a great person. Anything I can do, I want to help and I want you to take full advantage of it. And the letter blew me away, because it's another player in high school sending me something like that. I gained the most respect for him and from there on, we've stayed the best of friends.

But I couldn't go to UCLA. (laughs) We had to stay that rivalry.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:blessed: Thank you Swaggy P!!!! :obama: Now lets hope Mitch can somehow flip Blake for a SF, than we would have a solid offseason even though we are mad limited. The season will at least be really fun, so that's what we can look forward too, plus team will be happy, and have no chemistry problems either. :yes:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Mark Stein: Speaking @NickSwagyPYoung, Bartelstein calls Lakers "team he always dreamed of playing for"
:wow: Great to see players wanting to actually play with the Lakers. :obama: Really liking the Kaman and Young signing, lets see who else Mitch is going to sign.

Quail Man

Pro
Daps
I'm so confused. I thought y'all were wanting to tank for Wiggins? Y'all happy with another middle of the road team that'll have a draft pick around 15-17?

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
gtfoh, we got a legit backup for Kobe? :wtf:

:obama: Yep, Nick Young probably the most athletic bench player since Shannon left. :whew:

If Mitch can flip Blake now for a serviceable SF, than we would have somehow had a really nice offseason.

Last edited by a moderator: