Reppin
Los Angeles

tank.gif

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Mike Bresnahan and Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times deem the notion of LeBron James joining the Lakers unlikely, note the Lakers’ lack of interest in Carmelo Anthony, and hear that the team isn’t high on Kyle Lowry, either. The Lakers do like Luol Deng, but they don’t want to overpay him, with the focus squarely on Kevin Love and Kevin Durant in the summers of 2015 and 2016, respectively.
:patrice: Now I literally have no clue what's going to happen this offseason, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :skip: :beli: All I know is that if we have a top 4 and can pick Embiid, Wiggins, Exum, or Parker, we better not trade it at all.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Looks like we really starting from the bottom and they are just going to let kobe gun for the next two years.

Im cool with it :yeshrug:

-DMP-
:skip: Big problem is that our pick for next year is only top 5 protected, so we either have to do another tanking year, doubt if that happens or go all in with making it to the playoffs. Have no clue at all, but :noah: at least it feels good finally getting a top 5 pick though at the very least.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm glad to see the FO starting to openly acknowledge the tank. We need to put the pedal to the metal now, we've got more than enough games to gain some ground and have a locked position in the Top 3. Mitch can get out of this debacle as long as he plays this shyt smart. Keep some of these young gems for the bench and fire f'ucktoni immediately when the season is over. Draft the best player possible, make smart signings not name brand signings, and wait it out for KL in 2015 and make one more run with Kobe/Love/Lotto pick in 2016, once Kobe retires we'll have huge cap space and a rebuilt Laker team ready to compete which will be attractive to future superstar FAs. GOAT franchise can make Durant a gawd rather than just a servant, it's up to him. :ehh:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
:skip: Big problem is that our pick for next year is only top 5 protected, so we either have to do another tanking year, doubt if that happens or go all in with making it to the playoffs. Have no clue at all, but :noah: at least it feels good finally getting a top 5 pick though at the very least.

I wouldn't mind another season of the tank life, I've gotten used to it. It's kinda like watching Friday, it's funny but it got it's serious more tense moments. There's no such thing as down times for the GOAT franchise everything the Lakers do is high stakes, The Greatest Show on Earth never disappoints even in losing seasons. A top 5 pick in '15 would be nice going into Kobe's final year too. In the meanwhile, Kobe and *lotto pick* can play a fun style of basketball. Let Kobe heist as much as he wants so he can get closer to the record while the rook gets his feet wet. Get another lotto pick + K-Love, that'd be a nasty young squad going into Kobe's final season. Imagine Exum this year, and if he stays in school Embiid next year. :banderas:

I want Kobe to usher in a new era of GOAT franchise basketball for the kids and gracefully bow out with one more title, Mitch better deliver. :wow:

Last edited:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I wouldn't mind another season of the tank life, I've gotten used to it. It's kinda like watching Friday, it's funny but it got it's serious more tense moments. There's no such thing as down times for the GOAT franchise everything the Lakers do is high stakes, The Greatest Show on Earth never disappoints even in losing seasons. A top 5 pick in '15 would be nice going into Kobe's final year too. While Kobe and *lotto pick* just played a fun style of basketball. Let Kobe heist as much as he wants so he can get closer to the record while the rook gets his feet wet. Get another lotto pick + K-Love, that'd be a nasty young squad going into Kobe's final season. Imagine Exum this year, and if he stays in school Embiid next year. :banderas:

I want Kobe to usher in a new era of GOAT franchise basketball for the kids and gracefully bow out with one more title, Mitch better deliver. :wow:
I wouldn't mind another tank season either, but its too risky. We would need to have at least the second worst record in the league to guarantee a top 5 pick.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I wouldn't mind another tank season either, but its too risky. We would need to have at least the second worst record in the league to guarantee a top 5 pick.

It would be a tough price to pay for that. Ideally, I'd like to just fire f'ucktoni and get a young coach we can groom to have next in line when all the pieces come together. But there is no better tank coach at the moment than f'ucktoni. :whoo:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
According to Liberty Ballers, before the 76ers/Pacers deal, the 76ers were actually looking West. The 76ers and Los Angeles Lakers were engaged in a deal that would have sent Evan Turner to the Lakers along with 2nd-round picks. In return, the 76ers would have received Chris Kaman.

Those talks eventually failed and the 76ers went with the next best option. They sent Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen to the Pacers. The 76ers received Danny Granger in return.
:beli: That would have been a pretty good get for us.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I wouldn't mind another season of the tank life, I've gotten used to it. It's kinda like watching Friday, it's funny but it got it's serious more tense moments. There's no such thing as down times for the GOAT franchise everything the Lakers do is high stakes, The Greatest Show on Earth never disappoints even in losing seasons. A top 5 pick in '15 would be nice going into Kobe's final year too. In the meanwhile, Kobe and *lotto pick* can play a fun style of basketball. Let Kobe heist as much as he wants so he can get closer to the record while the rook gets his feet wet. Get another lotto pick + K-Love, that'd be a nasty young squad going into Kobe's final season. Imagine Exum this year, and if he stays in school Embiid next year. :banderas:

I can't agree with the start but the end is 5star posting breh

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Another tank? Nah brehs I can't go through another one, as long as I been a Lakers fan I never had to go through tanking, shyt is HARD brehs. I can't do this again:snoop:

Only way the pain go away is if you embrace the destruction. @GreatestLaker was the first with the tank talk gotta give credit where it's due, I couldn't even rock with the concept. It's all about the future and setting up Kobe's last season for a run at one more. An even 20 years, Top 3 in scoring, 6 rings, he really was the next Jordan. :wow:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Only way the pain go away is if you embrace the destruction. @GreatestLaker was the first with the tank talk gotta give credit where it's due, I couldn't even rock with the concept. It's all about the future and setting up Kobe's last season for a run at one more. An even 20 years, Top 3 in scoring, 6 rings, he really was the next Jordan. :wow:

:to: