The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
In response to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders’ tweet that the Lakers would look to shed another $3MM in the form of Jordan Hill, Steve Blake, or Chris Kaman in a potential Pau Gasol deal, fellow Basketball Insiders writer Eric Pincus (via Twitter) says that L.A. would actually like to keep Blake beyond this season.
:dead: If Bagel is still on the Lakers after this season. :camby: Don't ever wanna see Bagel on the Lakers again. :beli: 4 years 16 mill well spent.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dead: If Bagel is still on the Lakers after this season. :camby: Don't ever wanna see Bagel on the Lakers again. :beli: 4 years 16 mill well spent.

I swear to god brehs, ON EVERYTHING, if that adventures of tin tin looking cac bagel comes back, I'm gonna lose it. He's what's wrong with this team. A shook coward who wasted the entire possession to pass the ball. I rather have Kendall.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Chris Bosh, 29, is having a strong season. He will likely be able to get a maximum contract offer elsewhere if he opts out -- the Lakers and his hometown Dallas Mavericks being two obvious options -- and the Heat will probably have to re-recruit him if they want him to take less money again.

The Heat are facing the reality of being the first team in history to have to pay what is known as the repeater tax, an added penalty for being a luxury tax team four out of five years. To put this in perspective, this season the Heat are about $10 million over the tax line and paying about $15.5 million in taxes. If they are at the same area next year, they would pay about $26 million in taxes alone.

If Bosh, Wade and James all decline to accept pay cuts, the three of them will alone account for $61 million. If James and Bosh request pay increases, they can each make about $21 million, which is where you can see how the Heat would be greatly helped if Wade was willing to redo his deal and accept a pay cut. James, Wade and Bosh have worked well together and all seem content. But it is hard to predict how they will feel by the summer. If all three want to maximize their earnings, the Heat will be in a challenging position both in terms of money and flexibility in the coming seasons.
:patrice: I would want Love on the Lakers in 2015, but I wouldn't mind Bosh on the squad next season at all. He can play both the 4 and 5 effectively, really nice defender, something Love probably won't ever be. Plus, if Embiid is going to stay another year, than we need a big man ASAP on the market or through a trade. :ehh: Exum, Kobe, & Bosh would be alright, but :leostare: Embiid better be sending smoke screens and is just doing that and waiting until the draft lottery to see if the Lakers have a top 3 pick to decide. Or the Lakers can have both Love & Bosh in 2015. :troll:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yeah Bosh would be an ok signing but not for the max. I like the combination of him and Embiid moving forward. Those are prolly smokescreens he's sending so there's a clearer picture of where the Lakers will stand in the draft. I swear I wish we had made that trade and got the Wiz pick, it would of been great to have a chance to pull off an Embiid/Exum type coup in the draft. Goddamn, won't some concerned citizen please laced jimbo's coke with cyanide? :why: