Superstar
Daps

tank.png

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers

:laff:This soft fakkit got a MRI cause his big toe hurtin:heh:hope he's out for tomorrows game though. Cacly and Sacre need more minutes:scheme:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
How did the Lakers get to where they are now?

Rick Fox: "If things start to go sour, it builds. Injuries pile, you start to question what you're doing. The Lakers can't get a break because they can't create their own break. Even if Kobe was healthy, we would've actually been an 8th seed, which is, for me right now with the future of the organization going forward, it's hard to say, but it would've been a dangerous position to be in, which is mediocrity - it doesn't feed anyone's soul, especially us, we're spoiled basketball fans here in L.A."

Do Lakers front office have a plan or direction?

Rick Fox: "I don't see the plan, but I'm not behind the curtain. I'm happy that Kobe got as much as he got, personally. I don't know what that number should've been. Does it change the team's forecast in terms of financial flexibility? Yes. Does it mean they don't have a plan to alleviate getting 2 big-time free agents? Maybe they do. Outside of Pau Gasol, you have to move Pau to get young talent in here that may blossom into a star. I have to put faith that the Lakers do have a plan. And it does a look a bit cloudy if you look from the outside. We still have to believe we are still an attractive location to play in. But they must know what their doing. I don't believe that the Lakers front office has no plan. I refuse to believe that. I don't see us, Lakers fans being able to deal with 2-3 years of mediocrity."

What is your speculation what the Lakers' plan maybe?

Rick Fox: "I speculate that Pau is a big piece with the Lakers' future in some capacity. They could've created more flexibility with the Bynum situation to bring in more youth and a brighter future, but I think they held on to him for certain reasons, maybe they still believe Pau can still be a piece. If they sign one big free agent for a short term run with Kobe and Pau still. I don't know if that system of play will still be the same system, coaching wise. I don't know if D'Antoni's system will be a part going further. I speculate a lot of the same with hopes we get a nice piece in the draft, and a nice free agent that will come."

Thoughts on Mike D'Antoni?

Rick Fox: "Mike is good at what he does. Unfortunately he wasn't able to bring success to his system. His system does have value, it's conducive for regular season wins, unfortunately for him it's never been successful in championship capacity. But it entertains, fill seats, and score points, and in some cases presents the illusion they're going somewhere, or raise value of individual players to move them."

Would Lakers fans need to stick with the team for a couple more lean years?

Rick Fox: "Yeah we might have to, it would be painful, pain that we're not accustomed to. We can't snap back as quickly. I was just talking to J.A. Adande that Phil doesn't get credit for coming in, that even when we drafted for Bynum, signed Odom, and traded for Gasol, we were still a lottery team. Things turned around pretty quickly when he got here."

Would bringing in Phil Jackson in the front office help?

Rick Fox: "Assuming Phil still wants to coach, I actually will get to sit down with him, and I will ask him that. It will air on NBA TV at some point, so send me questions to ask him. This is the longest Phil's been out. I have to think he's feeling rejuvenated and healthy. I don't think he's given up on the thought that there isn't another run here in L.A., but that's me speculating. Like any other Laker fan, I would love to see Phil return. It's no slight to any other coach, but with Phil, we know the results you get. If we put winning first and the best position to best the decision for Lakers Nation to win a championship, to me, for our city and our franchise, Phil's got it, he's gotten it, he's executed it, and he delivers it."
:to: That's my Canadian Hollywood Champion.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if we can lose tonight :banderas:

breh if we really get a top 3-4 pick, thats pretty much winning the championship. lets face it, a healthy lakers squad is a 7 seed and auto first round exit... :manny:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
if we can lose tonight :banderas:

breh if we really get a top 3-4 pick, thats pretty much winning the championship. lets face it, a healthy lakers squad is a 7 seed and auto first round exit... :manny:
Mitch needs to start making moves. I don't why he is taking this long for. We are going to start winning games once Pau, Blake, Farmar etc. come back. We aren't going to be elite or even good, but we will play at .350 ish level and that's good enough for us to not even get a top 10 pick.

Trade Pau to the Bobcats or the Suns and Trade Blake to the Pacers.