The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The Lakers have been fielding trade offers for Pau Gasol for “a while,” sources tell Sean Deveney of the Sporting News, who reports that the team may be moving toward finding a new home for the big man. According to Deveney, tensions between Gasol and coach Mike D’Antoni have been “simmering” for the last year.

“I don’t think there is anything personal between the two guys,” one of Deveny’s sources said of D’Antoni and Gasol. “They’re both professionals. I don’t think they’re buddies or anything. But on the court, it is just not working out.”

Gasol has been the subject of plenty of trade rumors in the past couple years, but has always been considered a tough player to move. The fact that he’s on an expiring contract helps, but his $19MM+ salary will make it difficult to find a taker, especially considering the Lakers are reluctant to take on multiyear contracts that would compromise the team’s projected cap space for 2014 and/or 2015.

Additionally, Gasol’s play on the court this season hasn’t increased his trade value at all. The Lakers expected the 33-year-old to return to All-Star form following the departure of Dwight Howard, with whom Gasol never quite meshed. Instead, his .417 FG% and 15.4 PER are the worst averages of his 13-year career.

If the Lakers were to seriously consider a trade involving Pau, they would likely need to get at least one big man in return to bolster a thin frontcourt, says Deveney. L.A. would also like to get younger, so landing at least one draft pick would be a key, according to Deveney’s source. Given that asking price, I wouldn’t be surprised if Gasol simply stayed put, forcing the Lakers to make a decision next summer on whether or not the Spaniard will be a part of their future.
:blessed:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
We heard earlier that the Lakers have been listening to offers for Pau Gasol, in part because he and coach Mike D’Antoni aren’t seeing eye-to-eye, and D’Antoni’s remarks today likely didn’t help mend any fences. Responding to Pau’s recent comments about being frustrated by his role, D’Antoni said, “That’s a classic, ‘I don’t know what I’m supposed to do.’ Well, you don’t have trouble getting up to the paystub line. You know what you need to do to get your check. You know what to do. They will. They’ll figure it out.”
:gladbron: Holy shyt, fukkery galore Laker brehs. :bryan:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall know I ride for Pau and hate Antoni, but Antoni is right on this one.

It's not like last year when Pau was actually effective in the post and was complaining, but this season he's been a shell of his former self in the post. dude came into camp damn near 25 lbs heavier than he was last season.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Kobe Bryant is working on getting his body weight down from 225 pounds when he first returned from his injured Achilles to the 200 pounds he has typically been over the past few seasons.

Bryant also believes Pau Gasol needs to drop weight.

"I told him I thought the thing that really helped me out, I dropped some weight," Bryant said after practice Thursday. "I told him he should probably measure it himself, see if that's something he needs to do himself. As we get older, our metabolism slows, we quietly become a little heavy."

Mike D'Antoni said he'll leave that decision to Gasol.

"I think that’s between him and [conditioning coach] Tim [DiFrancesco] and the strength guys," D'Antoni said. "I think coming off of inactivity this summer, I think he is a little sluggish but I think that will go away if he keeps playing. The biggest thing is just, everybody to a man has got to play harder and worry about things less."

Gasol entered training camp at 275 pounds, while he was listed at 250 pounds last season.
:dead:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lmao @ this dumb fukking fakkit Pau saying he needs the ball in the paint. WTF is wrong with this crybaby? He doesn't want to be in the post and the little times he is, he gets his shyt packed. I hate this dumbass so much. I hope Ibaka destroys him.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
brehs, i've changed my mind on MDA...that ether(*drops mic) he dropped today on Pau Gasol was so vicious :scusthov:....Fact that he came back wit it less than an hour after Pau made his comments was just :wow: ....Even :kobepls: must have been :gladbron: when he saw that shyt....:lawd:

---

@Torrential
Create another Thunder - LAL game thread. Let that fakkit's thread die :russ:

Last edited:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
brehs, i've changed my mind on MDA...that ether(*drops mic) he dropped today on Pau Gasol was so vicious :scusthov:....Fact that he came back wit it less than an hour after Pau his comments was just :wow: ....Even :kobepls: must have been :gladbron: when he saw that shyt....:lawd:

---

@Torrential
Create another Thunder - LAL game thread. Let that fakkit's thread die :russ:

word. I fukk with d'antoni hard. my woat coach doesn't take shyt from anybody :heh:

especially from that fukk boy Pau. He said you have no problem going to cash in your check but dont give effort on the court :dead:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah that's a smart idea....The Lakers are having problems with Gasol level of play, so they trade for the guy who has basically been Gasol's bytch.