The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Past accomplishments does not matter. We are talking about present day.

Anthony always had good teams and the years the Wolves had good supporting cast they couldn't stay healthy. But I do find it funny that you're bringing up team success when the Knicks currently have the 3rd worst record in the entire league.

You're talking about defense, but does Carmelo play defense? Melo currently plays the 4 and he is barely shooting 44% too. So I don't really get your argument there and Melo is suppose to be this dominant post scorer. Love is currently averaging 24/14/4 on a 500 team. Love is the better rebounder, passer, 3 point shooter, scores at similar rate, not a ball stopper and more importantly he produces more.

So we're supposed to judge a player by 20 games this year rather than what he's consistently showed year after year over 307 games?:usure:

Past accomplishments DO matter. You remember Shareef Abdur-Rahim on the Grizzlies? 20 and 10 PF on a garbage team for years. Kings trade for him, thinking they getting an underrated player and come to find out, he was nothing but fool's gold.

Kevin Love is 6'10" 260lbs and a legit PF that can also play Center. Carmelo is 6'8" 235lbs is playing out of position at the 4 spot. He isn't a PF....He's playing there bc there is no one else to play the position effectively on the Knicks :comeon:

Carmelo is putting up 25 pts, 9 rebs, 2 assts, and 1 stl per game on 44% as a Sf playing out of position at the 4.

Love is putting up 23 pts, 13 rebs, and 4 assts on 43% in his natural spot.

Love is a career loser....Carmelo has never missed the playoffs and only Kobe stopped him from making the Nba Finals in 2009.

The #LWO will become the #LOL if we sit around waiting until the summer of 2015 to throw all our money at a player who's not even a top 10 player in the Nba. He's a great fit for Mike Dantoni offense, yes, but Dantoni won't be here in the 2015 season.

We need a player who can take over on offense on nights that Kobe doesn't have it going in order to compete with Durant and Westbrook....Love ain't him. And also, neither are beasts on defense, however, Carmelo is better on defense than slow foot Love who can't guard 1 on 1 or in the low post to save his life. His low post defense makes Pau Gasol look like a 1st Defensive team player. I don't know who's worse, Kevin Love or Andrea Bargnani on defense. How we gonna DOWNGRADE defensively from Gasol to Love:dead:

A non-athletic, non-proven, non-winning, non-post defense, non-efficient PF is what my #LWO brehs are clamoring for?:what:

#LWO

:snoop:

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't like any of these options. I would go after Eric Bledsoe. If we can't get him then I'll pass on all the other FAs altogether and go after Love in 2015.

Carmelo Another shouldn't be on our radar at all. Dude will be 30 and he isn't that good. Signing Melo would be a stupid move by the FO but at this point it should be expected from them.
I hate the lakers but I'd love to see Eric Bledsoe on yalls squad

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
So we're supposed to judge a player by 20 games this year rather than what he's consistently showed year after year over 307 games?:usure:

Past accomplishments DO matter. You remember Shareef Abdur-Rahim on the Grizzlies? 20 and 10 PF on a garbage team for years. Kings trade for him, thinking they getting an underrated player and come to find out, he was nothing but fool's gold.

Kevin Love is 6'10" 260lbs and a legit PF that can also play Center. Carmelo is 6'8" 235lbs is playing out of position at the 4 spot. He isn't a PF....He's playing there bc there is no one else to play the position effectively on the Knicks :comeon:

Carmelo is putting up 25 pts, 9 rebs, 2 assts, and 1 stl per game on 44% as a Sf playing out of position at the 4.

Love is putting up 23 pts, 13 rebs, and 4 assts on 43% in his natural spot.

Love is a career loser....Carmelo has never missed the playoffs and only Kobe stopped him from making the Nba Finals in 2009.

The #LWO will become the #LOL if we sit around waiting until the summer of 2015 to throw all our money at a player who's not even a top 10 player in the Nba. He's a great fit for Mike Dantoni offense, yes, but Dantoni won't be here in the 2015 season.

We need a player who can take over on offense on nights that Kobe doesn't have it going in order to compete with Durant and Westbrook....Love ain't him. And also, neither are beasts on defense, however, Carmelo is better on defense than slow foot Love who can't guard 1 on 1 or in the low post to save his life. His low post defense makes Pau Gasol look like a 1st Defensive team player. I don't know who's worse, Kevin Love or Andrea Bargnani on defense. How we gonna DOWNGRADE defensively from Gasol to Love:dead:

A non-athletic, non-proven, non-winning, non-post defense, non-efficient PF is what my #LWO brehs are clamoring for?:what:

#LWO

:snoop:

Who is to say D'antoni won't be here? Not that I like the bytch nikka, but he's getting a pass this year because most people probably think he's getting more out of this team that he should. So basically I see him getting at least one more year after this.

I want nothing to do with Melo. I really think dude has seen his best days come and go and NYK is running him into the ground with all the minutes hes playing.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
All jokes I really really really hope we can get Bledsoe he'd be a great fix at the 1 and we'd be deep enough to trade one of our other guards.

We need a big that can play some defense and rebound tho.
wonder if yall could get Kanter from Utah, Jordan Hill is a good backup. probably would have to trade pau though

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I mean, if hes gonna camp out in the paint and not play D anyway :yeshrug:

But on the real I doubt we will see him at the 4. But playing the 3 and setting up shop on the wing is what he should be doing.

I'm cool with the 3 I think its a good move for him, but I never put stupid shyt like Kobe at the 4 beyond the reach of our :demonic: coach.

YourMajesty

F*ck Ya Corny Debates
Daps
RazorRamon.gif

fukk Danphony

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I ain't gonna lie Kobe needs to be less ball dominant as he works his way back. Shouldn't be playing the 4 though.

Its the one thing that's been frustrating me in his two games back. He needs to be less ball dominant, iso Kobe ball ain't gon work especially when he's trying to work himself back into shape. He's great off the ball he should just stick to that for now.