The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Hammer

Banned
Daps
Was I the only one that thought who thought we were set for years with the bench mob? I used to think there would be a natural progression with our team, with Farmar, Ariza and Bynum becoming a big part of our future and offsetting the decline of Pau Kobe, and Lamar. Obviously I was being real optimistic, but looking back its a shame how it all fell apart. :to:

thanks to mitch for that :flabbynsick:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Was I the only one that thought who thought we were set for years with the bench mob? I used to think there would be a natural progression with our team, with Farmar, Ariza and Bynum becoming a big part of our future and offsetting the decline of Pau Kobe, and Lamar. Obviously I was being real optimistic, but looking back its a shame how it all fell apart. :to:

I thought the same breh.

I just KNEW Bynum was gonna take over the organization from Kobe. He was next.

Then we trade him for a 1 year rental of Dwight Howard:snoop:

At least we got Earl Clark out of it though:yeshrug:

Mitch better be bringing him back:ufdup:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, we up today along with the bytch ass Mavs.

And I know i'm not seeing nikkas talking about bringing back Sasha and Farmar? I hated both of them nikkas was glad when we got rid of them. There's a reason neither of them have been in the league or been even remotely productive since their stints with the Lakers.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chris Palmer thinks the Lakers are pretty easily in the lead right now.

Chris Palmer is hit or miss...

Nobody else is saying the Lakers are in the lead.

Half of the reporters are saying no decision has been made, and the other half are saying he's going to Houston.

I really think at this point Dwight's people are just fukking with the media for shyts and giggles.

I've gone on record (since day one) as saying I hope he comes back, but if wants to leave he should leave, just don't expect the Lakers to help him make that happen.

I don't want anybody here that doesn't want to be here but if he's engaged and healthy he'd be great to build around.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chris Palmer is hit or miss...

Nobody else is saying the Lakers are in the lead.

Half of the reporters are saying no decision has been made, and the other half are saying he's going to Houston.

I really think at this point Dwight's people are just fukking with the media for shyts and giggles.

I've gone on record (since day one) as saying I hope he comes back, but if wants to leave he should leave, just don't expect the Lakers to help him make that happen.

I don't want anybody here that doesn't want to be here but if he's engaged and healthy he'd be great to build around.

I don't understand our whole stance with the no s/t stuff. If Dwight says send me to GS or Im walking to Houston, I think getting Barnes, Bogut, & a 2014 1st wouldn't be a bad look...having 2 picks in next year draft would be dope, and you can make Barnes a rebuilding piece. And we'd be alright next season, depending on Bogut's health and Barne's progression.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I don't understand our whole stance with the no s/t stuff. If Dwight says send me to GS or Im walking to Houston, I think getting Barnes, Bogut, & a 2014 1st wouldn't be a bad look...having 2 picks in next year draft would be dope, and you can make Barnes a rebuilding piece. And we'd be alright next season, depending on Bogut's health and Barne's progression.

I think most would rather start fresh than to add on players with contracts that extend beyond 2014.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think most would rather start fresh than to add on players with contracts that extend beyond 2014.

You would only be adding Bogut and Barnes, who is a young upcoming star anyways. And cheap as of now. I don't believe in just throwing all of our eggs into the 2014 FA basket. If Dwight leaving we should be looking to add young assets/draft picks now. I don't want to see LeBron James in a Lakers uniform.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You would only be adding Bogut and Barnes, who is a young upcoming star anyways. And cheap as of now. I don't believe in just throwing all of our eggs into the 2014 FA basket. If Dwight leaving we should be looking to add young assets/draft picks now. I don't want to see LeBron James in a Lakers uniform.

They need the flexibility that having that cap space would bring. I'm not even considering the Lebron stuff because that's beyond unrealistic and something completely created by the media.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Source: Lakers would be willing to fire D’Antoni to keep Howard

“The general feeling among the people calling the shots for the Los Angeles Lakers is that if they fail in re-signing Dwight Howard, last season’s attempt at creating a super team is becoming a long-term failure with serious repercussions. In order to avoid that fate, they’re willing to fire Mike D’Antoni.”
:blessed:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Asked a rival Western Conf exec for his read on Dwight: "I think he stays!" Really, why? "I don’t think he has enough guts to leave."

One source said Howard is a big kid and is being recruited like one. Billboards and meeting celebs mean something to him.