The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Didn't get to see the game last night...just the highlights...but :salute: for getting back to .500...good to see they worked out Bean's extension too...didn't figure it'd be handled until the offseason

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
I'm fukking livid! I mean im happy Da Gawd is back for the 2 more years but goddamn that contract is fukking:trash:
We could have paired Kobe and Melo with a guy like Monroe or Bledsoe and a 1st round draft pick and get right back into contending for a championship but instead we'll probably be a 2nd round exit at best for the next 2 years:snoop:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I'm fukking livid! I mean im happy Da Gawd is back for the 2 more years but goddamn that contract is fukking:trash:
We could have paired Kobe and Melo with a guy like Monroe or Bledsoe and a 1st round draft pick and get right back into contending for a championship but instead we'll probably be a 2nd round exit at best for the next 2 years:snoop:

where did you see any numbers?

-DMP-

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I don't get why these dudes couldn't wait till the summer to see what we cold pair up with Kobe, but these dudes said fukk that. I guess they didn't like any of the FAs out there, but I'm probably giving them too much credit.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
If everything is as reported...I'm guessing they're basically no-selling this year's free agency class and punting on seriously contending ...and are planning on just riding the Kobe retirement farewell tour for the next couple seasons :manny:...bron wasn't coming and I didn't want Melo so it is what it is i suppose...who's available as a FA for the #2016plan? :heh:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
said the same shyt. At this point i dont think winning a 'ship is the goal :sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
I said the same thing in the LWO group but I feel it needs to be said in public. Don't forget in 2007-2008 our lineup was nothing more than a second round exit at best. Do you remember how quick Mitch built a championship team? Jim Buss may be a mental midget but Mitch Kupchak is the goat GM. He follows in the great tradition of Jerry West and I put my trust in him.

tumblr_m6q52fzf0w1qcmnsoo1_400.gif

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I said the same thing in the LWO group but I feel it needs to be said in public. Don't forget in 2007-2008 our lineup was nothing more than a second round exit at best. Do you remember how quick Mitch built a championship team? Jim Buss may be a mental midget but Mitch Kupchak is the goat GM. He follows in the great tradition of Jerry West and I put my trust in him.

tumblr_m6q52fzf0w1qcmnsoo1_400.gif
When are you dudes going to stop overrating Mitch?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
When are you dudes going to stop overrating Mitch?
What has he done to be called overrated?

This past offseason was a miracle considering he had no money to spend and still managed to put together a respectable roster.

The team would also have CP3 and Dwight if it wasn't for Stern. :mjpls:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents
:scusthov: I'm looking at the FA class in 2014, after Bron (no chance at signing), Melo, Bosh, & Wade, the drop-off is :scusthov: And :heh: Stephen A said that the Lakers aren't high on Melo so they probably moved away from trying to get him. :beli: Have no clue on who to truly and realistically get from FA, but management care more about building the team through trades rather than FA & the draft. Need a glaring need at the 1, and probably need to find a replacement for Pau, like Hill but I think a team will overpay for him. :rudy: Not sure if I'm ready for 2014 free agency with Cokehead Jimbo in charge.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
So should LA go after Deng? He'd fill a hole at the 3 spot and he's a FA after this season. Chicago could use a PG right about now too. :mjpls:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
What has he done to be called overrated?

This past offseason was a miracle considering he had no money to spend and still managed to put together a respectable roster.

The team would also have CP3 and Dwight if it wasn't for Stern. :mjpls:
I've listed several bad moves he has made over the years. Laker fans are starting to sound like Piston fans now who constantly preach that Joe Dumars is a great GM because he built a championship team in 04. Let's ignore all the bad moves he has made over the years, because he happened to get it right one time.

Mitch has even gone on record and said he wouldn't have traded Kwame for Pau if Bynum didn't injure his knee. This is who you dudes keep praising.