The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well they looked good on paper this year, but their record was telling me otherwise. But I saw how they smashed us before, so I know they got potential. I just think the Pelicans are a young team more than I think they actually suck

And yea, I thought Pau played pretty good. Thats why I'm hoping it was an illness or something

They're a young team that's gonna catch a lot of people slipping and the last game they had against us they definitely caught us slipping.

I'm thinking it was, if you look at his previous performances it's not like he was out there making dumb decisions he just looked gassed very early in those games. He played no differently tonight than he did the previous two games, he just looked quicker and healthier all around.

Super Cheech

I Feel So Westcoast
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles / SOHH Icey
hqdefault.jpg

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
We've just got to do this every night, because we're not good enough to take any plays off," Hill said. "We've got to have that energy every time we step on the floor. That's what I try to bring whenever I'm there. I don't care if I'm starting.

Need more cats like Hill.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Watching that Duke vs Kansas game makes me think that tanking is definitely the way to go. Can you imagine Parker, Randle or Wiggins in a Lakers jersey next season along with Kobe and whoever else we sign this summer? :ohlawd:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
When will people realize that tanking to try to get a player high in the draft is never good? It creates a losing mentality that is not easily shaken just because you draft a 19 year old with one year of college experience. Plus, there isn't even a guarantee of getting a top 3 pick. Just imagine if a team tanked to get the worst or 2nd worst record and then ended up drafting 5th and misses out on the top 3 guys. How dumb will that team look?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
When will people realize that tanking to try to get a player high in the draft is never good? It creates a losing mentality that is not easily shaken just because you draft a 19 year old with one year of college experience. Plus, there isn't even a guarantee of getting a top 3 pick. Just imagine if a team tanked to get the worst or 2nd worst record and then ended up drafting 5th and misses out on the top 3 guys. How dumb will that team look?
Even if you're picking at #5 you're getting a player with superstar potential. Whats better getting a high draft pick or making the playoffs as the 8th seed and getting swept?

Come on son.

MustafaSTL

Daps
Even if you're picking at #5 you're getting a player with superstar potential. Whats better getting a high draft pick or making the playoffs as the 8th seed and getting swept?

Come on son.
Again, getting the pick is not guaranteed with the lottery. And what would you propose, that the Lakers sit Bean down for the entire season so they can tank? Do you think Bean will come back and tank one of his last few seasons so the team can "try" to get a top 3 pick?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Again, getting the pick is not guaranteed with the lottery. And what would you propose, that the Lakers sit Bean down for the entire season so they can tank? Do you think Bean will come back and tank one of his last few seasons so the team can "try" to get a top 3 pick?
Are we competing for a championship this year? Whats the point of making the playoffs if we are going to be out a week later? We aren't winning shyt this year. Might as well get a piece that will help us out in 2015 when we sign some free agents. There is still a good chance we don't even make the playoffs even if we don't tank and we end
with the 14th pick. That's one of the worst positions to be in.

I'm sure you were against tanking in 2005 too. That was one of the best things to happen us.

MustafaSTL

Daps
Are we competing for a championship this year? Whats the point of making the playoffs if we are going to be out a week later? We aren't winning shyt this year. Might as well get a piece that will help us out in 2015 when we sign some free agents. There is still a good chance we don't even make the playoffs even if we don't tank and we end
with the 14th pick. That's one of the worst positions to be in.

I'm sure you were against tanking in 2005 too. That was one of the best things to happen us.
But 2005 wasn't close to tanking. Bean got injured and missed games, as did Odom. But they didn't just quit playing for a top 3-5 pick. We got the 10th pick that year, hardly a guarantee.

And you still haven't told me how this tanking will work. Will the team sit Bean down for the entire season and just let the world know they do not intend to compete?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
But 2005 wasn't close to tanking. Bean got injured and missed games, as did Odom. But they didn't just quit playing for a top 3-5 pick. We got the 10th pick that year, hardly a guarantee.

And you still haven't told me how this tanking will work. Will the team sit Bean down for the entire season and just let the world know they do not intend to compete?
We tanked the second half of the season. We won 3 games out of our last 22. We were at .500 when Kobe came back.

He should make his return towards the end of the season so we can see what he has left. Remember it usually takes up to a year for your Achilles to fully heal.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is exactly what I bring up every time someone talks about tanking. It's a fukking gamble.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We better win tonight :pacspit:

You bugging if you expecting a win tonight. Be nice if htey win but I just want the mto be competitive.

Even WITH Da Gawd we typically lose these games in Denver (which seemingly are always the second of a back to back).