The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't wanna dig up the post where I said we'd win 56 games this season but, how can you nikkas say tank? After last year, I never want to see this team play like shyt again, I don't care if we lose 82 games as long as they play hard like they did tonight.

#LWO

I really think it was just two people saying tank. I'm on record saying I don't like the idea, it's ultimately just another gamble. You're not guaranteed a top pick nor is it guaranteed that the player will amount to anything.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
The team looked so comfortable & like they were having fun out there.

Wait til Kobe gets back though. All those young bucks gonna be playing scared.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
If Nash was to sit, D'Antoni said at shootaround Tuesday he would have no problem playing the 6-2 Farmar and 6-3 Steve Blake in the starting backcourt together, however the opening night performances by Xavier Henry (22 points and Jodie Meeks (13 points) could cause him to re-think what the Lakers do at shooting guard.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/37528/nash-faces-first-back-to-back-test

original

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Warriors bigs don't scare me so we should try and abuse the paint. Klay Thompson always kills us though but I'm so happy we don't have to face career Laker killer Jarrett Jack.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The team looked so comfortable & like they were having fun out there.

Wait til Kobe gets back though. All those young bucks gonna be playing scared.

They played comfortable because they are better players that the lakers have picked up this year and also because they are the second unit. You think they would be getting to make those plays even with ball controlling nash on the floor?:camby:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love how idiots(Laker haters) are saying that we would have lost with Kobe or Kobe is the issue(like Kobe ever played with this group lmao) but fail to realize that Nick Young pretty much did what the haters say Kobe does(chuck and create for himself) and we still won by double digits. So replace Nick Young with Kobe who actually creates plays for others, who actually scores efficiently and somehow we would have lost. :heh:

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love how idiots(Laker haters) are saying that we would have lost with Kobe or Kobe is the issue(like Kobe ever played with this group lmao) but fail to realize that Nick Young pretty much did what the haters say Kobe does(chuck and create for himself) and we still won by double digits. So replace Nick Young with Kobe who actually creates plays for others, who actually scores efficiently and somehow we would have lost. :heh:

Pretty much, nick young is playing the kobe role just doing it wayyyyy more inefficiently and less playmaking.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They were on that same bullshyt last season heading into the playoffs, talking about Kobe was holding the team back and without him there'd be ball movement. Or saying Kobe was holding Nash and Blake back in particular. Or that if Kobe deferred to Dwight on the offensive end the team would be better off.

Kobe went down with an injury and everything turned to shyt...yeah the shot distribution and ball movement was better, but the teams scoring and FG% plummeted. Nobody could create their own shot, nobody could hit outside shots.

Kobe played every fukking imaginable way you could ask a player to and them nikkas was throwing shade every fukking game.