The Senate's first bill of the year is a bipartisan bill to ban boycotting Israel

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do realize the story is about the Republican-controlled Senate, right? :camby:

(Not that there ain't some horrific Dem support of this thing too, but you off base talking about "new congress" with this.)
not sure if i follow, given that im sure it has unanimous democratic support

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
not sure if i follow, given that im sure it has unanimous democratic support
No it won't, Sanders and Feinstein explicitly condemned the bill last month, told the Senate they shouldn't even be considering it. And most of the new progressive wave is anti-Israel on shyt like this.

Not to mention that Omar and Tlaib both personally promote the anti-Israel boycott themselves. :skip:

I'm guessing that at least 10 or so Democratic senators will support it, the majority will vote against it but Republicans will support it in a block so they'll still get enough support to pass the Senate. Most of the Democrats in the House will vote against it, but there'd probably be enough to combine with the Republicans to push the bill over the finish line, so it basically comes down to whether Pelosi allows it to reach the floor or not. She's part of the old-school neoliberal pro-Israel camp but she might let it lie anyway because it's so far over the top and she doesn't want her liberal wing to get a talking point. I'll give it 50-50.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it won't, Sanders and Feinstein explicitly condemned the bill last month, told the Senate they shouldn't even be considering it. And most of the new progressive wave is anti-Israel on shyt like this.

Not to mention that Omar and Tlaib both personally promote the anti-Israel boycott themselves. :skip:

I'm guessing that at least 10 or so Democratic senators will support it, the majority will vote against it but Republicans will support it in a block so they'll still get enough support to pass the Senate. Most of the Democrats in the House will vote against it, but there'd probably be enough to combine with the Republicans to push the pull over the finish line, so it basically comes down to whether Pelosi allows it to reach the floor or not. She's part of the old-school neoliberal pro-Israel camp but she might let it lie anyway because it's so far over the top and she doesn't want her liberal wing to get a talking point. I'll give it 50-50.
:ehh: naive post from our new GOAT. we'll see what happens

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
So they are throwing a bone to Israel, they refuse to build a wall cuz of Hispanics

What is the new congress going to do specifically for black people?

So that whole BS theory about how Congress can't write a bill specifically for black people is out the window. :camby:You got Jews writing and co-signing that bill for Jews. You have states already implementing it (how it hasn't gotten struck down already is amazing). That type of bill belongs in maybe Germany or maybe even Europe. But certainly not in the United States.:scusthov:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Russia who?
Russia what?
Russia where?
Russia how?
Russia why?
Russia when?

:laff: :snoop: :scust:

Disgraceful. Tell me again what foreign country has the most worrisome influence on our politics again? :jbhmm:

This is against the 1st Amendment front and center, but these fukkbois give no shiits.

This is the first thing on their mind starting 2019??

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
these anti bds laws punishing you for even criticizing Israel is disgusting...:hhh: and it need to stop when these fukking politicians gonna stop selling out the american people for israel's money... so fukking shameless man... Need to pass a bill to ban Aipac AND all foreign entities from ever lobbying any congress person in all 3 branches...enough is enough. what's next an oath of russia? oath of china? I mean if those two countries bullshyt doesnt fly why does israel??? :mindblown: not one sitting senator can answer that shyt except say they're our allies...:beli: never the why tho... How you even making laws to supersede the first amendment of OUR constitution for foreign powers???

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Russia who?
Russia what?
Russia where?
Russia how?
Russia why?
Russia when?

:laff: :snoop: :scust:

Disgraceful. Tell me again what foreign country has the most worrisome influence on our politics again? :jbhmm:

This is against the 1st Amendment front and center, but these fukkbois give no shiits.

This is the first thing on their mind starting 2019??

Pat Buchanan once called Capital Hill Israeli-occupied territory.:russ::russ:

I aint seen him since. :gucci:

Last edited: