The Sega Dreamcast was by far the most innovative console ever created

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
GOAT console :mjhandcry: so ahead of its time, so much fun, so groundbreaking :mjhandcry:

fukk Sony for cutting its life short :mjcry:
It wasnt Sony. Sega fighting with its American division fukked them over. Alot of useless projects. Alot of missed opportunity. By the time the Dreamcast released they were on their last legs. So the games being so easy to pirate and the console needed basically no modifications to play burned games fukked it over big time. Sony came thru with PS2 with the DVD player and it was a nail in the coffin. Dreamcast is one of the GOAT consoles of all time.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
not sure how the emulation is for this system but i heard it is not great. let me know if the emulation for PC is good for this system.

ps: if you still have the hard ware, here is a HDMI connection -
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/HD-Link-Cable-Dreamcast-Sega/dp/B07BZP7HML/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1528125598&sr=8-1&keywords=pound+dreamcast&dpID=41NTgdULamL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&linkCode=sl1&tag=metaljcom0e-20&linkId=8d1e95cb1487e8913f4ad8d95f4653ba

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
It only lasted a half of a generation yet it's impact is still felt today :wow:

It was the first console to have a modem built in (America at least)

They created their own isp (Seganet) what that means to anyone too young to remember, we got our internet from our phone providers back then And there wasn't cellphone data or even portable internet at this time :francis:

It ENCOURAGED the use of mice/keyboards so games like quake 3 arena was possible

They taught you coding and if you wanted to create your own VMU games you could and then you could publish them via the seganet portal.

They created 2k

Shenmue

Seaman

Tech Romancer (Nothing really innovative here, I just remember liking it)

Skies of Arcadia is still the best RPG I've ever played, they had a VGA adaptor that made the game look 4k. I say that because today's gaming isn't as vibrant color wise as I remember that game on a monitor.

I could go on but I'll let others contribute to why it was so innovative
It's the one console missing in my collection.. It was the one that made me feel like you genuinely could get Arcade level experience/quality (so the arcades with the arcade machines) at home

Virtua Tennis 2
:wow:

Might be hitting eBay up for that once fall comes around brehs...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
No EA support was a big reason as to why it failed, but it gave us 2K Sports :wow:

Half Life and Max Payne being cancelled was pretty much it for the console as far as 3rd party AAA titles were concerned. Too damn bad because it was ahead of it's time.

People were selling brand new Dreamcast games for $5 near the end :wow: