Golden Era/Drama free Zone
gCSeRF5.png

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
If they didn't completely fukk up with the release of the Saturn, would dreamcast been received differently ? Would Sega still be making consoles. I recently downloaded a dreamcast emulator, and everything is still playable, even nfl 2k2 was alright

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
If they didn't completely fukk up with the release of the Saturn, would dreamcast been received differently ? Would Sega still be making consoles. I recently downloaded a dreamcast emulator, and everything is still playable, even nfl 2k2 was alright

Sega CD
Sega 32X
Sega Nomad
Sega Pluto

If anything really fukked them over it was SoJ ego to not listen to Tom Kalinske. The guy knew every right move to make but because the ideas didnt come from Japan, they said fukk em.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
once again court witnessing to the rec room :whew: time truly doesnt exist

crazy taxi >>>>> GTA

fight me

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they should of went with dvd's instead of cdrom
maugs used to bootleg the fukk out them games and ps2 was the cheapest dvd player out at the time at like 300 when real dvd payers was still 1k

Thats not true.

I still have the family DVD player from before ps2 came out. We weren't spending more than $500. I'm pretty sure it's a Philips. It's in my garage right now. I had it had work hooked to a tv until we changed buildings.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeh the Dreamcast was truly a bad ass console and had so much piff considering it didn't even last the full cycle for that generation.

A lot of reasons for its demise have been mentioned but I also think that the lack of a DVD drive was also detrimental.

It launched in the UK at £199 I think the ps2 was 299 and obviously came out later but I remember tons of people waiting for the ps2 to release because it could play DVDs. When the ps2 finally did release it couldn't touch the Dreamcast library and it took time for developers to harness its power so DC games looked better for quite some time too .

Regardless people brought the ps2 even though its library was poor in comparison. I feel like the DC was great out of the gate whereas it took time for the ps2 to become special.

Last edited:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Dreamcast was so ahead of its time its crazy...I remember playing the first NFL 2K on it and it was lightyears better than any Madden I ever played to that point...I remember the Sega Saturn that was crazy too..Sega was shytting on Sony idk how they couldnt stay afloat
My uncle had this shyt man still does! He had the one with randy in the white jersey? I can’t remember maybe purple too but that shyt was ill best graphics you ever saw at the time