The Sega Dreamcast was by far the most innovative console ever created

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It only lasted a half of a generation yet it's impact is still felt today :wow:

It was the first console to have a modem built in (America at least)

They created their own isp (Seganet) what that means to anyone too young to remember, we got our internet from our phone providers back then And there wasn't cellphone data or even portable internet at this time :francis:

It ENCOURAGED the use of mice/keyboards so games like quake 3 arena was possible

They taught you coding and if you wanted to create your own VMU games you could and then you could publish them via the seganet portal.

They created 2k

Shenmue

Seaman

Tech Romancer (Nothing really innovative here, I just remember liking it)

Skies of Arcadia is still the best RPG I've ever played, they had a VGA adaptor that made the game look 4k. I say that because today's gaming isn't as vibrant color wise as I remember that game on a monitor.

I could go on but I'll let others contribute to why it was so innovative

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Dreamcast was so ahead of its time its crazy...I remember playing the first NFL 2K on it and it was lightyears better than any Madden I ever played to that point...I remember the Sega Saturn that was crazy too..Sega was shytting on Sony idk how they couldnt stay afloat
Availability and piracy. I know at least in Europe the Dreamcast was a nigh myth because of its limited availability and there was zero piracy prevention so software sales went down the drain.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember my older bro's friend came over with a Dreamcast imported from Japan. I recorded the footage of Sonic Adventure onto a VHS tape and used to watch it periodically, pretending to play it while holding an N64 controller :mjcry:

Power Stone
NFL 2K
Shenmue
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur

Those days were something :ohlawd: