The Russian Invasion of Ukraine has Begun. Its on.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
I'm sorry that you think that Russia is totally innocent in the mess that they have made. They have the largest country in the world and still don't have enough room for their people. Instead, they exported/massacred native people out of their ancestral lands and imported Russians throughout lands that weren't Russian lands. Now you want to play dumb and act like these are home grown freedom movements without Russia's hand in the background.

While an honest Crimean vote would have most likely resulted in their desire to become part of Russia, we will never know because of voter intimidation. Even more disgusting was the voter intimidation in the "referendum" in the "DPR". Being that you love independence referendums so much, would you support a independent Tatar state within Crimea, or a Circassian state? Of course you wouldn't because they don't follow your Russophile agenda, so please spare us all the hypocrite talk.

Seems like you want to go back several hundreds of years in history, unfortunately we cannot play that game as no one will be innocent. The events you listed do not apply to modern Russia..

The vote in Crimea was most certainly honest. It was not marred by any violence and the turnout was great 83% I believe. Far exceeding the 50% modicum.

The simple fact of the matter is that Russia is innocent in this matter. They were not the ones to back an illegal ouster of the democratically elected president. There were no phone calls of Russian officials selecting who should be members of the new government. There were no Russian politicians urging the crowd in the Kiev square to overthrow the government. It's cynical for you to try to blame Russia in this situation when US and the EU were wrong from the very start.

If anyone can muster up enough political will and can do so without resorting to violence then their efforts for whatever degree of independence should be allowed.

Furthermore I don't have an agenda, save the truth.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Seems like you want to go back several hundreds of years in history, unfortunately we cannot play that game as no one will be innocent. The events you listed do not apply to modern Russia..

The vote in Crimea was most certainly honest. It was not marred by any violence and the turnout was great 83% I believe. Far exceeding the 50% modicum..
Remember Putin's election? :heh:

russo_2077561c.jpg

Win with over 100% of the vote, brehs :troll:

The simple fact of the matter is that Russia is innocent in this matter. .
:mjlol:

They were not the ones to back an illegal ouster of the democratically elected president.
Georgia doesn't exist either huh? :heh:

There were no phone calls of Russian officials selecting who should be members of the new government. There were no Russian politicians urging the crowd in the Kiev square to overthrow the government. It's cynical for you to try to blame Russia in this situation when US and the EU were wrong from the very start.
Ignore that Putin poisoned the Ukrainian presidential candidate brehs :troll:

If anyone can muster up enough political will and can do so without resorting to violence then their efforts for whatever degree of independence should be allowed.
According to who? :usure:
Furthermore I don't have an agenda, save the truth

:camby:

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Remember Putin's election? :heh:

russo_2077561c.jpg

Win with over 100% of the vote, brehs :troll:

:mjlol:

Georgia doesn't exist either huh? :heh:

Ignore that Putin poisoned the Russian president brehs :troll:

According to who? :usure:
/QUOTE]
Unfortunately the election monitor made a mistake and the number used to calculate the voter turnout happened to be six months old, and so it didn't account for the youth which had reached voting age. You should also note that Putin is very popular in Chechnya because since the second Chechen war the city was entirely rebuilt and in spectacular fashion. Chechnya is actually one of the richest regions in Russia at the moment. A lot of the other regions were displeased because they did not think that so much money should have been spent on the region that was causing the most trouble.

Also, did you know that the most recent presidential election was the largest ever to be viewable online? The simple fact of the matter is that Putin is very popular in Russia. Since he became president people went from standing in lines for bread to being able to have disposable income. Education spending has greatly increased, the healthcare system is more reliable with deaths from disease and drunkenness decreasing year after year, an increase in pensions which are paid regularly, along with a decrease in corruption and crime across the board. The birth rate has increased and there are subsidies to encourage people to have more children, the tax rate was changed to a flat tax for businesses and for individuals, in addition to reigning in the oligarchy and getting them to pay their taxes and the list goes on. The voters were satisfied with the work that was done and decided to vote for the same administration.

"Georgia doesn't exist either huh?" <- I don't know what you are implying.

I think you meant to say that Putin poisoned the Ukrainian president, Victor Yuschenko (sp). But yet again that's never been proven. In my opinion these types of accusations fall in vain of 'accuse someone of doing something horrible, and hope the populace will conclude that the accused must be guilty because people do not just make up heinous things (there must be some truth to the lie).' Fortunately democracies practice innocent until proven guilty and the burden of proof rests on the accuser. But if you can prove that he was poisoned by Putin then please call a press conference.

The truth will set us free.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Unfortunately the election monitor made a mistake and the number used to calculate the voter turnout happened to be six months old, and so it didn't account for the youth which had reached voting age. You should also note that Putin is very popular in Chechnya because since the second Chechen war the city was entirely rebuilt and in spectacular fashion. Chechnya is actually one of the richest regions in Russia at the moment. A lot of the other regions were displeased because they did not think that so much money should have been spent on the region that was causing the most trouble.
Are you seriously repeating the party line talking points right now? :heh:

Chechnya has been a massive stain on Putin's ability to demonstrate a respect for law and/or order and the fact you're ignoring that is INCREDIBLY telling.

Let me know when you make that dead-drop, comrade :troll:

Also, did you know that the most recent presidential election was the largest ever to be viewable online? The simple fact of the matter is that Putin is very popular in Russia. Since he became president people went from standing in lines for bread to being able to have disposable income. Education spending has greatly increased, the healthcare system is more reliable with deaths from disease and drunkenness decreasing year after year, an increase in pensions which are paid regularly, along with a decrease in corruption and crime across the board. The birth rate has increased and there are subsidies to encourage people to have more children, the tax rate was changed to a flat tax for businesses and for individuals, in addition to reigning in the oligarchy and getting them to pay their taxes and the list goes on. The voters were satisfied with the work that was done and decided to vote for the same administration.
And? I'm not talking about epidemiology talking points.

Voting irregularities ran rampant and Putin just shrugged the shyt off. There were massive protests and I guess you're just ignoring that too.

The dude changed the fukking law over there so he could stay in officer longer :snoop:

"Georgia doesn't exist either huh?" <- I don't know what you are implying.
Do some reading on the Georgian president and how he came to power :mjpls:

I think you meant to say that Putin poisoned the Ukrainian president, Victor Yuschenko (sp). But yet again that's never been proven. In my opinion these types of accusations fall in vain of 'accuse someone of doing something horrible, and hope the populace will conclude that the accused must be guilty because people do not just make up heinous things (there must be some truth to the lie).' Fortunately democracies practice innocent until proven guilty and the burden of proof rests on the accuser. But if you can prove that he was poisoned by Putin then please call a press conference.

The truth will set us free.
And I can't prove putin didn't kill Litvenenko or Politkovskaya :duck:

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Are you seriously repeating the party line talking points right now? :heh:

Chechnya has been a massive stain on Putin's ability to demonstrate a respect for law and/or order and the fact you're ignoring that is INCREDIBLY telling.

Let me know when you make that dead-drop, comrade :troll:

And? I'm not talking about epidemiology talking points.

Voting irregularities ran rampant and Putin just shrugged the shyt off. There were massive protests and I guess you're just ignoring that too.

The dude changed the fukking law over there so he could stay in officer longer :snoop:

Do some reading on the Georgian president and how he came to power :mjpls:

And I can't prove putin didn't kill Litvenenko or Politkovskaya :duck:
I think the reason you find what I'm saying so hard to believe is that you are committed to what you believe so hearing someone say the opposite is hard for you to conceive. The extremists in Chechnya decimated the 100,000 ethnic Russian population to near zero. Not only that but moderate Muslims were not safe either. On top of that Chechnya had already received greater autonomy after the first Chechen war but they insisted on going further, and eventually the government had to deal harshly with them.

A protest of at most 100,000 people in a country of 150 - 160 million is a large protest but in the grand scheme of things it's not that much. As an aside, I know that many people love to say that anyone that protests will be jailed or shot, but the irony here is that people were allowed to protest, but yet I am sure this fact won't stop these stories from being retold over and over.

I want to offer you a correction about the term limits. Actually Medvedev wrote the law and the Duma ratified it. Also, instead of a president being able to serve unlimited terms, it has been limited to just two.

Let's not play this game of digging for buried treasure, you have something to say about Georgia so say it.

Now you're getting it!.. Accusations do not become true simply because they sound intriguing.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
War in Europe
Putin has invaded Ukraine. Is it hysterical to prepare for total war with Russia? Or is it naive not to?
By Anne Applebaum

140828_FOR_UkraineSoldiers.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

Ukrainian servicemen stand in position during fighting with pro-Russian separatists in the eastern Ukrainian town of Ilovaysk on Aug. 26, 2014.
Photo by Maks Levin/Reuters

WARSAW, Poland—Over and over again—throughout the entirety of my adult life, or so it feels—I have been shown Polish photographs from the beautiful summer of 1939: The children playing in the sunshine, the fashionable women on Krakow streets. I have even seen a picture of a family wedding that took place in June 1939, in the garden of a Polish country house I now own. All of these pictures convey a sense of doom, for we know what happened next. September 1939 brought invasion from both east and west, occupation, chaos, destruction, genocide. Most of the people who attended that June wedding were soon dead or in exile. None of them ever returned to the house.

extraordinary statement. “Ukraine must be cleansed of idiots,” he wrote—and then called for the “genocide” of the “race of b*stards.”

But Novorossiya will also be hard to sustain if it has opponents in the West. Possible solutions to that problem are also under discussion. Not long ago, Vladimir Zhirinovsky—the Russian member of parliament and court jester, who sometimes says things that those in power cannot—argued on television that Russia should use nuclear weapons to bomb Poland and the Baltic countries—“dwarf states,” he called them—and show the West who really holds power in Europe: “Nothing threatens America, it’s far away. But Eastern European countries will place themselves under the threat of total annihilation,” he declared. Vladimir Putin indulges these comments: Zhirinovsky’s statements are not official policy, the Russian president says, but he always “gets the party going.”

A far more serious person, the dissident Russian analyst Andrei Piontkovsky, has recently published an article arguing, along lines that echo Zhirinovsky’s threats, that Putin really is weighing the possibility of limited nuclear strikes—perhaps against one of the Baltic capitals, perhaps a Polish city—to prove that NATO is a hollow, meaningless entity that won’t dare strike back for fear of a greater catastrophe. Indeed, in military exercises in 2009 and 2013, the Russian army openly “practiced” a nuclear attack on Warsaw.

Top Comment

The only way we would ever get involved in a "Total War" with Russia is if some republican whackjob like McCain was elected president and did something reckless. 1.7k CommentsJoin In

Is all of this nothing more than the raving of lunatics? Maybe. And maybe Putin is too weak to do any of this, and maybe it’s just scare tactics, and maybe his oligarchs will stop him. But Mein Kampf also seemed hysterical to Western and German audiences in 1933. Stalin’s orders to “liquidate” whole classes and social groups within the Soviet Union would have seemed equally insane to us at the time, if we had been able to hear them.

But Stalin kept to his word and carried out the threats, not because he was crazy but because he followed his own logic to its ultimate conclusions with such intense dedication—and because nobody stopped him. Right now, nobody is able to stop Putin, either. So is it hysterical to prepare for total war? Or is it naive not to do so?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...uld_we_prepare_for_war_with.html?wpsrc=fol_tw

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Still no photos or any other evidence that Russia invaded Ukraine. :dead:

Pro American puppet government just says so and we can start making headlines. :dead:

If Russia INVADED Ukraine it would've been on its other border in one day. Ready to continue its journey to Berlin. :troll:

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Putin breaks ground on Russia-China gas pipeline, world's biggest
Published time: September 01, 2014 10:01
Edited time: September 01, 2014 12:21
Get short URL

russia-china-gas-siberian-power01.si.jpg

September 1, 2014. Russian President Vladimir Putin (RIA Novosti / Alexey Nikolsky)

Read More: Russia and China seal historic $400bn gas deal

Starting in 2019, Power of Siberia will pump gas from Siberia to China’s populous northeast region as well as to Russia’s Far East. The Chinese side will start the construction of its part of the pipeline in the first half of 2015, the Vice Premier of China said.

Last year, China consumed about 170 billion cubic meters of natural gas and expects to consume 420 billion cubic meters per year by 2020. Europe still remains Russia’s largest energy market, buying more than 160 billion meters of Russian natural gas in 2013.

map2.jpg

Gas resources exploration and gas transmission system formation in Eastern Russia (Source: Gazprom)

Once we create a gas pipeline network here in the Far East and Siberia, we will be able to connect European pipeline system to the East. And this, in terms of export opportunities and expanding Russia’s ‘gasification’, is very beneficial. Depending on the situation in world markets, we can more effectively implement gas flows- either more to the West or to the East,” Putin told students at North-Eastern Federal University earlier on Monday.

Running from the Chayanda gas field in the Republic of Yakutia, the cost of construction is estimated at more than $20 billion (770 billion rubles), which includes other investment in the region of $7.5 billion (283 billion rubles). Russia’s largest steel pipeline manufacturer, TMK, will provide materials for the project.

The gas pipeline will become a common transit center for gas production centers in the Yakutia and Irkutsk regions.

The first stage of the project will be to transport gas from the Chayanda deposit in Yakutia and connect to the town of Blagoveshchensk on the Chinese border. The 968 km pipeline should be completed by 2018.

The Chayanda field, which will begin production in 2015, is estimated to have reserves of 1.2 trillion cubic meters in gas and 93 million tons of liquid hydrocarbons. Each year the field is expected to produce up to 25 billion cubic meters of gas and at least 1.5 million tons of oil.

Putin also said that China can become a shareholder in the Vankor oil and gas fields in the Krasnoyarsk region in Eastern Siberia. China will enter into a strategic relationship with Rosneft, Russia's largest oil company, which owns the field.

The area is estimated to hold reserves of 520 million metric tons of oil and 95 billion cubic meters of natural gas. It has been in operation since 2009 and last year produced 21.4 million tons of oil and oil condensate.

“We generally take a very careful approach to the approval of our foreign partners, but of course, for our Chinese friends there are no restrictions,” Putin said.

In May, Russia's state-run Gazprom signed a 30-year gas deal with China’s CNPC valued at $400 billion.

comandante

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Top a top on top of the top

The vote in Crimea was most certainly honest. It was not marred by any violence and the turnout was great 83% I believe. Far exceeding the 50% modicum.

The simple fact of the matter is that Russia is innocent in this matter. They were not the ones to back an illegal ouster of the democratically elected president. There were no phone calls of Russian officials selecting who should be members of the new government. There were no Russian politicians urging the crowd in the Kiev square to overthrow the government. It's cynical for you to try to blame Russia in this situation when US and the EU were wrong from the very start.

Furthermore I don't have an agenda, save the truth.

Hahaa you did not answer my question, comrade. Would you support an independent Tatar state within Crimea or a Circassian State?