The Ronaldo at Barca and before his injuries at Inter was the greatest footballer I've ever seen

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Ronaldo played with great players. He won't have scored as many goals because he was always injured. Also, both Messi and Cristiano are able to score in a wider variety of ways than the Brazilian Ronaldo. Good hypothetical but I just don't see him matching them.
that's why I said mid 90s ronaldo. He played with great players but he didn't play in an era where teams found it easier to create chances than now. attacking plays have become smarter. He also didn't play with the greatest midfield trio in Xaviesta and Busquet. also, which midfied at Inter was as balance and as great as Kroos and Modric? Only once he moved to Madrid, did he have a great midfield, but he was already fat and had had alot of injuries.
the only thing Ronaldo wasn't great at was header goals. Messi doesn't have alot of header goals either besides the Champions league finals and 3 other instances. Ronaldo still holds the record with 9 goals in a WC.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
No question fenomeno was most talented, Baizinho was my guy though…did the most with least talent

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
that's why I said mid 90s ronaldo. He played with great players but he didn't play in an era where teams found it easier to create chances than now. attacking plays have become smarter. He also didn't play with the greatest midfield trio in Xaviesta and Busquet. also, which midfied at Inter was as balance and as great as Kroos and Modric? Only once he moved to Madrid, did he have a great midfield, but he was already fat and had had alot of injuries.
the only thing Ronaldo wasn't great at was header goals. Messi doesn't have alot of header goals either besides the Champions league finals and 3 other instances. Ronaldo still holds the record with 9 goals in a WC.

Fontaine scored 13 in '58. Muller 10 in '70. Real Ron scored 8 in '02

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Real Ronaldo is a cautionary tale of over playing young players too much but the coli doesn't believe in load management. Even before he joined Barca he had blown his knee out and was having knee issues while at Barca. Add in the shyt pitches he played on he never had a chance really.
You think there will ever be another player like him? It’s been 20 years….

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Romario is super underrated.

He is and isnt if you know what I mean. If you remember/watched his peak years in the early 90's he's always held in high regard. But because he spent his career post 96 in Brazil and was in and out the Brazil squads and didn't play in another World Cup and then the shiny new players came into prominence he was kinda forgotten. Between 97-02 he scored nearly 300 goals in about 330 games. :pachaha: And I'm being told Messi numbers ain't been seen since the Pele days

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
He is and isnt if you know what I mean. If you remember/watched his peak years in the early 90's he's always held in high regard. But because he spent his career post 96 in Brazil and was in and out the Brazil squads and didn't play in another World Cup and then the shiny new players came into prominence he was kinda forgotten. Between 97-02 he scored nearly 300 goals in about 330 games. :pachaha: And I'm being told Messi numbers ain't been seen since the Pele days
We all know that the reason he didn’t make those Brazil squads had nothing to do with his ability.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You think there will ever be another player like him? It’s been 20 years….

Yeah. If we've had the 2 Maradona clones in Dinho and Messi then we'll get another Real Ronaldo at some point.

Mbrappe is the closest I've seen to Real Ronaldo but Ronaldo's had smoother tekkers and more strength while Mbrappe is probably more explosive. Outside shout is Benz (Lyon/early Real) in terms of tekkers and ability to play as the #9/SS just not the finisher. I know people like to say Adriano but he was too one footed.

If you combine Mbrappe + Haaland = Real Ronaldo. :manny: