The Ronaldo at Barca and before his injuries at Inter was the greatest footballer I've ever seen

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Growing up, Ronaldo Nazario was my fav player. He was like a super hero. I remember being in tears when France and Zidane crushed Brazil in the 1998 World Cup. That was the 1st time Ronaldo seemed human to me.

But I have to go with this guy:
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The 2011-2013 absolute peak Messi is hands down the best player I've ever seen.

73 goals and 29 assists in 1 season (2011/12) - world record

91 goals in 69 games in the entire (2012) year - world record

These are numbers we haven't seen since Pele in the 1950's. And Messi's performance and all round game was far superior to the Brazilian Ronaldo.

Nope. Gerd Muller in 72 got 85 in a calender year. That's the record Messi broke

Daps
Nope. Gerd Muller in 72 got 85 in a calender year. That's the record Messi broke
I didn't say Pele had a record that Messi broke. Maybe read what I said before responding? I'm well aware Messi broke Muller's record.

The reason I mentioned Pele was to highlight Messi's extreme goalscoring as numbers we haven't seen since Pele in the late 1950's and early 60's. Some of those goals were in 'unofficial' matches but they were goals nonetheless

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I didn't say Pele had a record that Messi broke. Maybe read what I said before responding? I'm well aware Messi broke Muller's record.

The reason I mentioned Pele was to highlight Messi's extreme goalscoring as numbers we haven't seen since Pele in the late 1950's and early 60's. Some of those goals were in 'unofficial' matches but they were goals nonetheless

Still wrong. :manny:

Gerd Muller was the last player prior to score at the volume that Messi and C dot have in Europe. The only player in the conversation is Romario in the late 90's and early 00's when in Brasil.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Growing up, Ronaldo Nazario was my fav player. He was like a super hero. I remember being in tears when France and Zidane crushed Brazil in the 1998 World Cup. That was the 1st time Ronaldo seemed human to me.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

These are numbers we haven't seen since Pele in the 1950's. And Messi's performance and all round game was far superior to the Brazilian Ronaldo.

the eibar merchant struggling in uber eats league.....

Ronaldo and Ronaldinho were jus another level watching them

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

lol nobody cares or respects messi's feats like that.
we still taking both ronaldos

Daps
Just imagine if he played in this era, where teams are better in their offensive pattern plays when creating opportunities. He would have scored just as many goals as prime Messi and CR7, if not even more

imagine mid 90s Ronaldo on the current Man City side, or Pep's Barcelona or 3peat Real Madrid with Modric, Kross and Marcelo creating chances for him
Ronaldo played with great players. He won't have scored as many goals because he was always injured. Also, both Messi and Cristiano are able to score in a wider variety of ways than the Brazilian Ronaldo. Good hypothetical but I just don't see him matching them.