The role of the black women in contemporary black America?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Some black folks have an expressed a fear about the Trump administration. I'll reserve my comments about that. In short, I believe it's ridiculous. What do you believe is the role of black women in contemporary black America? In this "resistance movement" (if there is one), what do you think black women's place is? In the past there have been complaints that black women have been put in the back when it comes to resistance against slavery, i.e. revolts, resistance and fighting for our rights via the civil rights movement etc. Some have theorized this has allowed for black women to be exploited by white women for their own "feminist" gains that haven't benefited black women in history period (naturally). So if there's some new resistance movement, the anti-thesis to BLM if you will, how does the black woman fit in? What's yall thoughts?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
By nature Women are natural Organizers and Managers. Women were never put in the "Back", in war you never send the women to the battle field because if the men die, who is left to raise the children? Why would a Black man want his woman to fight his enemy instead of defending her from that enemy? If a woman wants to be on the front lines more power to her but ain't no other group sending their women to battle.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
By nature Women are natural Organizers and Managers. Women were never put in the "Back", in war you never send the women to the battle field because if the men die, who is left to raise the children? Why would a Black man want his woman to fight his enemy instead of defending her from that enemy? If a woman wants to be on the front lines more power to her but ain't no other group sending their women to battle.

I understand your point of view, but I meant women like Marie-Jeanne Lamartinere during the Haitian Revolt.

I'd like to hear perspectives from folks @J-Nice @KidStranglehold @Poitier @Kitsch @Fonsworth etc

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
I understand your point of view, but I meant women like Marie-Jeanne Lamartinere during the Haitian Revolt.

I'd like to hear perspectives from folks @J-Nice @KidStranglehold @Poitier @Kitsch @Fonsworth etc

When you look at the role of Black women historically when it comes to being on the frontlines against oppression and imperialism then you'll see that they were always fighting along side Black men. For example, the Berber Queen Al Kahina fought off the Arab invasion in the Mahgreb, Queen Nzinga fought the Portuguese, and Yaa Assantewaa fought the British. Not to mention, you also had female regiments like the Dahomey warriors.

You also see that same spirit of resistance in the US with Harriet Tubman, Maggie Jones, Ida B Wells, Fannie Lou Hamer, Ella Baker and many others. Black women have always been heavily involved in the fight against imperialism and oppression. I don't see that changing at all. If one is capable of doing a job then it shouldn't matter what gender they are.

O YOU MAD BRA

Seymour cake
Daps
A truly progressive woman will understand how far from progressive this world we live in is and will understand all of her contributions to whatever cause will be better received if flowed through a male counterpart/figure head :yeshrug:

female leadership would probably just bring about more division

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

14ajskh.jpg

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Disappointed this thread didn't include more replies from Women.
There aren't too many that post in this section as is. Why do you think that is?