The Rock vs Roman was a “lock” for WM39 at the beginning of 2022…

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think im cool on it now tbh. Give Cody his moment after all this running in place he’s been doing this year
Storyline wise it would be a good last head of the table moment for him to go over Rock at Mania but also feel like it should have happened two years ago or last year. They didn't need to do Roman vs Brock two times, in what I think were mostly forgettable matches. Now that people want to see Roman against someone else, Roman vs Rock would still do great numbers because of who Rock is but in terms of story would feel like a loss or out of place.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I think im cool on it now tbh. Give Cody his moment after all this running in place he’s been doing this year
Cody can have the 3rd to last main event of night two vs Punk, pal
G5EpwX1.png

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Storyline wise it would be a good last head of the table moment for him to go over Rock at Mania but also feel like it should have happened two years ago or last year. They didn't need to do Roman vs Brock two times, in what I think were mostly forgettable matches. Now that people want to see Roman against someone else, Roman vs Rock would still do great numbers because of who Rock is but in terms of story would feel like a loss or out of place.
Yeah, It should have. If they do it now, It would be less anticlimatic than Rock vs Cena 2 was. Cause ain’t no way in hell woukd Rock go over, title or no title.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, It should have. If they do it now, It would be less anticlimatic than Rock vs Cena 2 was. Cause ain’t no way in hell woukd Rock go over, title or no title.
This is my thing too, Rock at like 50/51 years old is only doing it to job to Roman.

It would sell tickets for Mania, but eh I can't say I particularly want to see it as someone who follows wrestling closely. Casuals would love it, but WM is already doing crazy sales numbers now and its not even January. I don't want to see a predictable match of Rock jobbing to Roman when Rock hasn't had an impressive match and wrestles so infrequently. We already know Cody and Roman can put on a great match together and you have the whole Philadelphia (rocky angle).

I think what they could do is Roman vs Cody at Philadelphia and they could do Roman vs Rock (non-title) as a redemption match to Roman at Summer Slam...like Roman trying to win his tribe back after he loses his title and everyone abandons him. Storyline wise that could be about Roman proving himself once more that he is strong enough to lead, and then you could do Roman vs Cody III and whoever they want to win, wins that.

I think that could be some great writing actually.

Silkk

Daps
This is my thing too, Rock at like 50/51 years old is only doing it to job to Roman.

It would sell tickets for Mania, but eh I can't say I particularly want to see it as someone who follows wrestling closely. Casuals would love it, but WM is already doing crazy sales numbers now and its not even January. I don't want to see a predictable match of Rock jobbing to Roman when Rock hasn't had an impressive match and wrestles so infrequently. We already know Cody and Roman can put on a great match together and you have the whole Philadelphia (rocky angle).

I think what they could do is Roman vs Cody at Philadelphia and they could do Roman vs Rock (non-title) as a redemption match to Roman at Summer Slam...like Roman trying to win his tribe back after he loses his title and everyone abandons him. Storyline wise that could be about Roman proving himself once more that he is strong enough to lead, and then you could do Roman vs Cody III and whoever they want to win, wins that.

I think that could be some great writing actually.
Yeah, They still gotta get to Roman vs Solo at some point too. They’ve been teasing it all year just like the Batista vs HHH feud

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, They still gotta get to Roman vs Solo at some point too. They’ve been teasing it all year just like the Batista vs HHH feud
True, Roman vs Solo - they could do that at Survivor Series, Summer Slam, Royal Rumble...they have a lot of possibilities there. I don't see it happening at Mania because I don't think Solo is headliner star yet but that is a needed feud. At some point he probably should wrestle all BL members.

Silkk

Daps
True, Roman vs Solo - they could do that at Survivor Series, Summer Slam, Royal Rumble...they have a lot of possibilities there. I don't see it happening at Mania because I don't think Solo is headliner star yet but that is a needed feud. At some point he probably should wrestle all BL members.
SVS would be too soon. I could possibly see it RR but I don’t know how they’d get there.

I could see it at Mania tbh, Especially if Solo wins the Rumble. Just not sure if he has the mic skills for it. I think what’s more likely and may be better would be Heyman & Solo turning on Roman after he’s lost the belts.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Fuk it, Cody vs Roman at Royal Rumble. Cody wins, and Gunther wins Royal Rumble.

Book Gunther vs Cody for belt at Wrestlemania

Book Rock vs Roman at Wrestlemania with a side story of Solo being the only one left by his side and teasing tension between them. Solo finally betrays Roman at Wrestlemania and helps the Rock win.

Solo vs Reigns at the next ppv finally putting a end to bloodline with Solo winning.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
I might be the only one who doesn’t care about seeing this much at this point. It does nothing for the Rock. Roman has already been giving 100 other crowning moments as champion.