The Rock got his own "Fast and Furious" movie coming (not Fast 11 or Hobbs/Shaw 2)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He’s not dictating EVERY aspect as he’s a producer ALONGSIDE The Rock but this stand alone film is a bridge between X and 11 and Vin has a huge amount of say in the story for both films meaning that for continuity reasons Vin would naturally have a say in shaping the story for this spinoff, meaning which characters pop up for cameos, how Dante is dealt with, how Hobbs is reintroduced into the “family” after being absent for 2 films, shyt like that.

He wouldn’t be on set every day barking orders or telling the Rock how to deliver lines, it would have already been handled from the conceptual stage
Which brings up my question of whether Fast 11 is now delayed because of this film

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Which brings up my question of whether Fast 11 is now delayed because of this film

More than likely yes

I’m thinking this is the third film Diesel was talking about. So we get X this year. Rock’s standalone movie next year, and the grand finale in 2025.

Then in the years to come we’ll get various spinoffs

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
More than likely yes

I’m thinking this is the third film Diesel was talking about. So we get X this year. Rock’s standalone movie next year, and the grand finale in 2025.

Based on the budget issues X experienced and the decline in box office revenue, they'd probably be better served filming those films back to back to help reduce costs.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
More than likely yes

depending on how long the writer's strike lasts. This film may be pushed into 2025 anf then fast x-2 may come out in 2026.
or they do rock's movie first half 2025
fast x-2 later 2025

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Based on the budget issues X experienced and the decline in box office revenue, they'd probably be better served filming those films back to back to help reduce costs.

Its two different directors and two different writers. That would NOT work. That kind of thing only works if its the same writer/director/producer combo

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
depending on how long the writer's strike lasts. This film may be pushed into 2025 anf then fast x-2 may come out in 2026

The Rock standalone film has already been written. In the press release it says Chris Morgan, who wrote like 5 of the previous movies has written the standalone film. So if its already written there’s nothing stopping them from filming later this year and having it ready for next year.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Its two different directors and two different writers. That would NOT work. That kind of thing only works if its the same writer/director/producer combo
Something is going to have to give as they can't trot Fast 11 out there with a $340+ million dollar budget. It's why I say some of the family is going to have to die or look at taking paycuts.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Something is going to have to give as they can't trot Fast 11 out there with a $340+ million dollar budget. It's why I say some of the family is going to have to die or look at taking paycuts.

The budget ballooned to $340 Million partially because Justin Lin quit in the middle of principle photography, which means they were losing millions of dollars for every day they weren’t shooting

With Louis Letterrier locked in for Fast 11 the budget shouldn’t be THAT astronomically high

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
ha @ failing to strongarm your way into the DCU and having this as a fallback position
ha @ the extremely sterile PR vibe of his press releases
ha @ the inevitable segue into politics

He said he and Vin squashed their beef and agreed to work together again last summer. Black Adam didn’t come out until
October of last year so it wasn’t a “Black Adam flopped so I gotta come hat in hand to Vin Diesel” situation.

1). The Rock is too arrogant for that and ONE or even two underperforming films isn’t going to destroy The Rock’s overall leverage in Hollywood. Everybody suffers a flop at some point. Will Smith flopped for like three straight films and STILL got $20 Million per film until he got hot again

2). Vin Diesel wanted The Rock back at least two years ago, he was going make it happen as long as The Rock had a listening ear. The standalone Hobbs film was naturally part of Rock negotiating. Vin gets the “family” of characters back together for the main films plus a producer’s credit on the standalone film and Rock gets his solo film complete with all the cameos from the cast and a direct tie in to the mainline series final entry

Its a win-win. Thats how these things usually go