The Rise And Fall Of GameStop

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I remember going there trying to trade games for cash I had about 5 games on me and a few of them were within year releases and they offered like $2.75. I didn't accept the offer and looked around the store and one of the games I wanted to trade in was in the used game section for $20 bucks.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I remember reading 5 games for call of duty mw2 and I ain't fukk with them outside of buying since.

Really game stop main issue is they got too many fukking stores. If these b*stards had like 5 stores in every state they wouldn't be hurting so god damn hard. They don't sell enough viable products to be so widespread, they not best buy and honestly best buy should've bought them out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's actually risen $7 from this time last year and is only going higher with the Microsoft deal and new consoles dropping soon.

lmao stocks go up and down thats what they do, it was down to 4 dollars in june, it went up thursday because of microsoft deal and dropped down again today

the problem is the stocks can rise all time high next month, and Gamestop can go bankrupt the next month out the blue and you lose everything overnight

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
A game could come out yesterday, I sell it back to gamestop and they try to give you $15, then next day sell your game for $54.99. What's the point of selling used games, if your sell for $5 less than retail. I might as well buy the new one. There was no incentive to buy or return used games at all. As a result, it just pushed away there customer base. Had they done it properly, they would be able to sell the same game several times over. People didn't even want to play the demo games in their store anymore.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I managed a GameStop a while back. Terrible company but I got every console for free, every new release free, and some trips to Vegas.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
lmao stocks go up and down thats what they do, it was down to 4 dollars in june, it went up thursday because of microsoft deal and dropped down again today

the problem is the stocks can rise all time high next month, and Gamestop can go bankrupt the next month out the blue and you lose everything overnight
Well yeah that's the nature of stocks. Doesn't change the fact he can make a healthy profit if he bought low and sells them while they're hot now

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
They gave you all that?
Yeah they give you consoles so you know the product and you get codes for games on release day. They fly all the managers out to Vegas once a year to see new shyt from publishers. All that was cool but the day to day shyt is the same stuff you hear from former employees all the time. Not a good place to work but I did that shyt for 2 years after I got laid off from my IT job. Got my certs back up and left asap.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I remember when the last of us came out and I went to pick it up at gamestop and they said they couldn't sell it to me cause they only had enough for pre-orders and if i came back in a week i could get it.

Literally went down the street to target and picked it up and haven't been in a gamestop since

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just traded my ps4 pro into amazon, got 7 bucks less than what gamestop was offering on their trade in deal toward new consoles :manny: