The Righteous Gemstones - HBO (Danny McBride & Walter Goggins/June 18th 2023)

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I didnt know they already had a new show!! I last checked out with McBride after Halloween (I was literally looking at my ticket stub from when I went to see that movie...)

well now that it’s far in the season I can binge it.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This show and Succession were well matched up this week.
Both shows had scenes with a group of potential blackmail victims holding a premature "ritual" to celebrate getting rid of evidence against them. And both shows had rich spoiled daughters trying to team up with someone against their fathers after being denied what they thought was their fair share.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That scene with John Goodman watching Judy perform "Misbehavin" was perfect :wow:

It was right up there with Walton Coggins car scene at the end of last week's episode. They're both amazing at conveying emotions while saying nothing.

Also Judy was hilarious this week, she needs more shine. "I'm gonna move to Malibu, shave my p*ssy, and learn to surf."

:mjlol:

I know it's premature but HBO has three classics in the making with this, Succession, and Barry. I'm calling it now.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Easter Sunday really is like the Super Bowl of church services :wow:

Gideon had to know Scottie wouldn't give up that easily :francis:

Salute to B.J. for standing up for himself and telling Judy she would have to find her own transportation home :mjcry:

When Baby Billy's wife called him a boy :mjlol:

Those final moments were directed really well, in ramping up the tension :lupe:.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
maxresdefault.jpg

Mrs. Gemstone just don't know.