The right to bear arms

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
how does the technological advances change the underlying reasoning for the right to bear arms?

if anything the technological advances with the laws that are in place today have effectively taken away the peoples right to protect themselves from the governement

again breh how often does having a gun protect you from the law. you pull it on the cops they shootin to kill and it's usually more of them than you

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
again breh how often does having a gun protect you from the law. you pull it on the cops they shootin to kill and it's usually more of them than you

You really wouldnt have to unless law enforcement infringed on your rights to the point where it endangered your life. probably doesnt happen often....

Or people dont live to tell about it :smugfavre:

Either way, just because it doesnt happen much doesnt mean it should come off of the books.

I agree with ciroq it needs some review.

--------
*insert outrageous analogy*
I've never had anyone try to make me a slave..but we shouldnt get rid of the 13th amendment.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
how does the technological advances change the underlying reasoning for the right to bear arms?

if anything the technological advances with the laws that are in place today have effectively taken away the peoples right to protect themselves from the governement

it doesn't change the right, it changes the implications of the right when you got certain weapons. again, there was NOTHING like what we have today when the constitution was written. and i think they'd be horrified to see the kinda power the common has these days, so its foolish to live our lives accordin to what some white folks did over 200 years ago. i mean hell, they got their own freedom but wasn't willin to give us black folks ours :damn: how could you have that much faith in their opinion??? there was a point in time where fully automatic weapons were the new wave. the same goes for nuclear weapons, and etc eventually we'll get to the point where its available to the common man. does that mean the common man deserves the right to them??? at what point are you crossin the line between protectin yourself and causin massive chaos? thats my point

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
how come none of you have the weapon when somebody runs into a building/theatre/mall/restaurant/subway station and all the other places people have shot up with not one single person shooting back lol

ya it looks kind of cool to talk about how u want the right to have a gun but none of you apparently ever exercise that right in a way that effects anything

News story from a couple of days ago.
A 71-year old man thwarted a robbery at a Florida internet cafe on Friday when he shot two would-be assailants and the entire ordeal was captured on security tape.

The two robbers burst through the doors of the Palms Internet Cafe in Ocala and ordered everyone to get down as they waved a handgun at dozens of customers.

But they didn't expect Samuel Williams to pull out his own weapon and fire, injuring both of the criminals and saving the lives of his fellow Floridians.

The two had started to collect cellphones to prevent patrons from calling the police when Mr Williams started shooting.

One of them, not surprisingly, isn't enthralled with Mr Williams. He thinks that the elderly man should have stopped shooting once he was already on the ground.

'I was down, and I’m not going to continue to shoot you,' he said.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t5f5AwkkiY&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t5f5AwkkiY&feature=plcp[/ame]

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You guys know what other country have lax gun laws?... Switzerland, Hmm I wonder how many homicides they have on average Guns in Switzerland: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law. With that noted, I don't think guns are the problem; its the mind set of some of the people. Also here is a comparison http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/178/number_of_gun_homicides/194, but when all is said and done, I do admit that the U.S. have waaaay more guns out there than Switzerland (Due to the population difference that is).

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
so a mob couldnt run up in a spot with 6 shooters and kill a bunch of random people back then?

and when the police of that day arrived they wouldnt have had a equal arms gun fight with that mob?

there were less gun restrictions in those days and more people carrying guns.

what was needed in that movie theater was people with guns..............

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
On April 22, 2012, convicted felon Kiarron Parker, just released from jail, entered the parking lot of an Aurora, Colorado church and shot and killed one of the members of the congregation before being killed himself by a member carrying concealed. Parker had been convicted for assaulting two police officers, breaking and entering and drug abuse.

However, it is the Aurora shooting no one heard about, because there was a different outcome. Parker sped into the parking lot of New Destiny Center church in Aurora, crashed into a car, then fired at people who came to his aid. The shooting killed Josephine Echols, the mother of a pastor at the church, police said. Echols’ nephew Antonio Milow, an off-duty Denver police officer who was attending a church service, then shot and killed Parker, authorities said.

“Who knows what would’ve happened if the officer had not been there. It certainly could have been a lot worse,” Fania said.

Taboola - Viral Player

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
you know what else? i'm TIRED of hearin about this colorado shootin :beli: just over a dozen white folks get killed in one sittin and its everywhere, but nikkas gettin murdered EVERYDAY in chicago and no one in the media gives a fukk

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
you know what else? i'm TIRED of hearin about this colorado shootin :beli: just over a dozen white folks get killed in one sittin and its everywhere, but nikkas gettin murdered EVERYDAY in chicago and no one in the media gives a fukk

shyt nikkas bet not even thinkin bout runnin in dallas..they gettin shot....

i had a potna name tobias who got killed comin out his daddy house by dpd....didnt have a pistol or nuthin...jus came out the apartment..

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
so a mob couldnt run up in a spot with 6 shooters and kill a bunch of random people back then?

and when the police of that day arrived they wouldnt have had a equal arms gun fight with that mob?

there were less gun restrictions in those days and more people carrying guns.

what was needed in that movie theater was people with guns..............

you think that woulda saved lives? honestly you believe that? in all that chaos you think other people with guns woulda hit the shooter in one shot and that be it? people aint got aim like that and people with guns would have most likely panicked and shot more people by accident. think rationally bruh people were running for their lives i imagine it'd be hard to get a clear shot on the guy

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Sorry, second amendment right is necessary. Benjamin Franklin already told you the deal. If you think taking away citizens' guns is going to make the nation safer, you are grossly mistaken. Criminals will find ways to get them regardless. It will be the innocent civilians who will end up unarmed.