The Raid 1 Vs. The Raid 2! Hmmm..... I Think Raid 1 Was Better

Which Is Better

• Total voters

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
Raid 2, by a mile, thanks to characters being given some depth and the action was a lot tighter, imo.

I'ma take these in. I'm not the biggest martial arts fan, but you guys are making me hyped.

Although they're not the focus and sparse in nature, they do some gully shyt with guns too.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I don't understand some of you are saying Raid 2 had an amazing story. It wasn't, it just had more story and a lot of the characters' choices were just out of the blue.
Killing Mad Dog (i forget his name in 2) wasn't really necessary. Mad Dog's background story wasn't necessary and it was half assed.

Dude just notices half a tattoo? That's the revelation?

The movie tried to mix in Departed/Infernal Affairs but didn't do too well.

Raid 1 > Raid 2

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I remember some people bytching about Raid 1 and I think the director heard them. He gave the people with the complaints what they wanted in 2 and actually told a great fukking story.

IMO 2 without question. I dont mind the build up of the story at all. Let's not try to shyt on 1 to big up the other. Both are the greatest action movies in the past 15 years IMO. Nothing is coming close.

i don't know about that, The Raid 2 is prob the best Martial Arts/Action movie since Ong Bak 2 IMO a lot of people hated that story but i think it's an amazing movie from a Martial Arts perspective. have you not seen Ong Bak 1 or 2? The Protector? Merantau? Hero/Fearless?