The Raid 1 Vs. The Raid 2! Hmmm..... I Think Raid 1 Was Better

Which Is Better

• Total voters

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I'm thinking Raid 1 was better, because the entire movie was piff!!!!!

Raid 2 was dope too don't get me wrong but it only gets super dope at the end of the movie
The real piff starts with him fighting the baseball bat guy and hammer girl and from then on it's piff, but before that it goes kinda slow.

Raid 1 had very little slowness, it was piff throughout the movie!

Thoughts?

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
Raid 2 cause it was a gangster/action flick rather than just an action flick like Raid 1.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Raid 2 had a much better story. Real good gangster/action flick.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I remember some people bytching about Raid 1 and I think the director heard them. He gave the people with the complaints what they wanted in 2 and actually told a great fukking story.

IMO 2 without question. I dont mind the build up of the story at all. Let's not try to shyt on 1 to big up the other. Both are the greatest action movies in the past 15 years IMO. Nothing is coming close.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I remember some people bytching about Raid 1 and I think the director heard them. He gave the people with the complaints what they wanted in 2 and actually told a great fukking story.

IMO 2 without question. I dont mind the build up of the story at all. Let's not try to shyt on 1 to big up the other. Both are the greatest action movies in the past 15 years IMO. Nothing is coming close.

He wrote the story to Raid 2 before Raid 1 after he did Merantau. He couldn't get Raid 2 funded so he created Raid 1 and with it's success he revived his Raid 2 script.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Raid 1 action caught everyone off guard...it just look and felt...different...sort of like the matrix...the actual story, and acting, was :ehh:

Raid 2 is actually a good movie...story is :win:...acting is :win:...fight scenes are :damn:...

I thought the prison yard fight scene was one of the best I seen in years...:blessed:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Raid was great for it what it was, and was a perfect tone for that film specifically. It was claustrophobic with a sense of urgency throughout. The story was meant to be simple, but it's execution was spot-on, and the martial arts and action overall was nearly revolutionary of the time. The only thing that it lacked was character depth which didn't much need any since it is a story about a raid gone bad.

The Raid 2 is a grand scale EPIC. And to think this was Gareth Evans ORIGINAL intent really wows me. People that argue about the slow start maybe saying that because how urgent the first film was throughout, which is fine. But to me, I appreciate the breather points. I want to know about these characters, I want to know about this world that they are in. The Raid 2 have some of the most colorful characters that I can ever remember and glad we were introduced to. And even if some of these character's parts are small, you can tell there's a deep character depth within these people. And the ACTION when it comes it absolutely mind blowing. It is crazy that this was Evans first time ever filming a car chase scene, but dude took it to a level that not even The Matrix 2 could level up to. And I will be the first to say, THE KITCHEN FIGHT IS TO ME THE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTS FIGHT I HAVE EVER WITNESSED ON SCREEN. I am even including all the classic martial arts films. I cannot ever remember myself trembling with full excitement and awe and didn't ever wanted it to end.

Hands down, I would think it would be a CRIME to all film lovers out there if this movie DOES NOT at least get nominated for a BEST FOREIGN FILM when Oscar time comes around.

Last edited: