The PS5 outsold the Xbox 2:1 in Q1 2021

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
It's only slightly easier to find except maybe Japan.

Ps5 is definitely more in demand, but it seems like Microsoft isn't producing as many consoles as Sony because they both sell out within minutes.

I think it goes without saying, but I think what really helped is the fact that the PS5 launched with Demon's Souls and Spider-Man: Miles Morales, with the new Ratchet on the horizon. If Halo had been ready to go with the Series X, I would think the number would be higher. Definitely had to hurt to not have Halo, but if they did ship it out with how unfinished it apparently was at the time, it'd probably be a Cyberpunk scenario.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I think it goes without saying, but I think what really helped is the fact that the PS5 launched with Demon's Souls and Spider-Man: Miles Morales, with the new Ratchet on the horizon. If Halo had been ready to go with the Series X, I would think the number would be higher. Definitely had to hurt to not have Halo, but if they did ship it out with how unfinished it apparently was at the time, it'd probably be a Cyberpunk scenario.
Nah bruh y’all overrate exclusives fam. PlayStation brand is just bigger. Didn’t matter about them lack luster exclusives. Dudes playing mainly 3rd party multiplats. Dudes looking to buy PlayStations to play next gen versions of 2k/madden with they friends ect. Y’all live in a bubble

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah bruh y’all overrate exclusives fam. PlayStation brand is just bigger. Didn’t matter about them lack luster exclusives. Dudes playing mainly 3rd party multiplats. Dudes looking to buy PlayStations to play next gen versions of 2k/madden with they friends ect. Y’all live in a bubble

Naw
Spider-Man: Miles Morales’ sales performance is great for PS5 owners

When Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales launched, it did not immediately match the record-breaking sales pace of its predecessor. Marvel’s Spider-Man for PlayStation 4 sold 3.3 million copies in its first three days. By comparison, Sony revealed that Miles Morales sold 4.1 million copies in a little over a month. It was still a massive hit. Maybe one that would fizzle out faster than the original. But by now, it’s clear that isn’t the case.

The web-slinging adventure continues to sell in the top 5 in the U.S. each month. And its sales performance is so impressive that it could have an effect on Sony’s PlayStation 5 software strategy.

But the game’s longevity on the sales charts suggests that many people did decide to wait. Specifically, many people were waiting to get the PlayStation 5 so they could pick up Spider-Man: Miles Morales alongside it. And now, as more people are getting PS5s each month, more folks are buying the new Spider-Man game as well.

Miles Morales is now the fifth best-selling game over the last 12 months in the United States, according to industry-tracking firm The NPD Group. That puts it ahead of The Last of Us: Part II and Ghost of Tsushima for lifetime sales in the U.S. in terms of dollars.

The first game people buy for the PS5 is Spider-man Miles Morales which is why:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales Sales Rise in UK Following PS5 Restock

If exclusives didn’t matter microsoft wouldn’t have paid almost 8 billion dollars for Bethesda. The PlayStation holds the mindshare specifically because of the software associated with it. You can’t explain that away because even yall say the hardware is trash

Also, all exclusives don’t have to sell millions of copies they just have to fulfill a niche. Even 50k people deciding they absolutely can’t live without Demon’s Souls is enough to sell them the console.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North

I don't disagree, but I do think exclusives are what people look for when choosing systems. Otherwise console wars wouldn't even be a thing (which they honestly shouldn't be). But if brehs just want to play 2k/Madden's next-gen versions, that's perfectly valid too. There's a lot of people that bought a PS4 for FF7R or TLOU2, and I'm sure there'll be many people who'll buy a Series X just for whatever Bethesda cooks up.

But yeah, if we're only talking third-party multiplatform games, it's all a matter of preference.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah, PS kicked the shyt out of Xbox the entirety of last gen because of those exclusives, doesn’t have shyt to do with a brand being bigger lol, if that was true Xbox wouldnt of kicked the shyt out of PlayStation the entire gen before that one

360 > PS3

PS4 > XOne

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Nah, PS kicked the shyt out of Xbox the entirety of last gen because of those exclusives, doesn’t have shyt to do with a brand being bigger lol, if that was true Xbox wouldnt of kicked the shyt out of PlayStation the entire gen before that one

360 > PS3

PS4 > XOne
It was over before gen started with dmr and don mattrick smugness. After they Xbox played like 7 years of catchup

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
You're crazy if you think Bethesda games are going to move console numbers 2-3 years into the generation. Most people with the exception of those with disposable income are going to be settled into their console preference by then. Even the hold outs who are essentially waiting for Bethesda's IPs will have either purchased their console before they drop, plan to play on PC through gamepass or went the Sony route.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You're crazy if you think Bethesda games are going to move console numbers 2-3 years into the generation. Most people with the exception of those with disposable income are going to be settled into their console preference by then. Even the hold outs who are essentially waiting for Bethesda's IPs will have either purchased their console before they drop, plan to play on PC through gamepass or went the Sony route.

Right.

By the end of next year sony will have already provided too many great reasons to STICK with the PS5 for most people. If you’re Microsoft you’re already starting from behind, it’s like Mario Kart if you win the previous race you start in first place and Microsoft is starting in 7th, by the end of 2022, after Ratchet, Demons, Spider-man, God of War, Final Fantasy, Horizon, etc. etc. sony is already done with their first round of big 1st party titles. By the time they start showing off spider-man 2, the next naughty dog, suckerpunch, and bluepoint games they are already lapping microsoft in mindshare.

And this is just from the titles we KNOW are launching who knows what sony announces and releases by summer 2022 that we dont know about yet. I don’t even think Microsoft will have produced one next gen game by that point

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also will add that at the end of the day, i will always choose sony because I feel like I never have to worry about their software output. They may slack on some of the bells and whistles with their OS/online/or even hardware, but I’m here for the games. I can’t play OS Online store app 2022.

Been on Sony since PSX in 97 and I have never had complaints about games