The PS5 outsold the Xbox 2:1 in Q1 2021

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

PS5 is now at 7.8m and the Xbox is at 4.1m. The gap is only going get bigger as Sony releases more consoles and their big games drop.
Even with shortages, the PS5 is outselling the PS4 at the same stage last gen. looks like Sony is about to have another 100m plus hit on their hands :wow:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually give props to Microsoft for selling so many xbox’s with no games

To this day I’ve never seen a console launch with no new 1st party games.
They’re selling to the hardcore. I reckon in total they’ll do more or less the same as the Xbox One at around 45m total.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is the XSX easier to find in other countries? I figured MS was selling through whatever they were producing. Are they having that much of an issue with production in comparison to Sony?

EDIT: Referring to the total numbers

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Is the XSX easier to find in other countries? I figured MS was selling through whatever they were producing. Are they having that much of an issue with production in comparison to Sony?

It's only slightly easier to find except maybe Japan.

Ps5 is definitely more in demand, but it seems like Microsoft isn't producing as many consoles as Sony because they both sell out within minutes.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The Series S is readily available but the Series X keeps selling out. Unlike Sony who sell out both of their consoles, I’m guessing Microsoft has to divide production between both consoles and one isn’t selling as much.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's only slightly easier to find except maybe Japan.

Ps5 is definitely more in demand, but it seems like Microsoft isn't producing as many consoles as Sony because they both sell out within minutes.

The Series S is readily available but the Series X keeps selling out. Unlike Sony who sell out both of their consoles, I’m guessing Microsoft has to divide production between both consoles and one isn’t selling as much.
Makes sense. I forgot about the S model

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also ps5 had a huge head start on releasing in China so those numbers are probably looking crazy right now

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll wait to see what happens once some of their first party titles drop. Especially later in the console lifespan when those Bethesda exclusives start trickling in.
Bethesda games that’ll move consoles are Starfield and the next Elder scrolls and both aren’t coming out for a long while yet.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bethesda games that’ll move consoles are Starfield and the next Elder scrolls and both aren’t coming out for a long while yet.

I hate this mindset that “once xbox exclusives start coming out it will be a different story” like yeah, even if those games come out there is no guarantee they are gonna be great games, especially on the level of sony 1st party.

Not to mention it also ignores the fact that once those games start coming out sony will still be releasing games, probably really big games of their own. They’ve already been firing on all cylinders they def ain’t slowing down in 2-3 years. The momentum for the PS5 will be in teh stratosphere by then

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I honestly think Doom is the most valuable IP they have right now

Skyrim was big but how many other elder scrolls games were? They weren’t doing 15+ million in sales. Skyrim also came out on like 15 platforms.

Same with Fallout. FO4 was the highest selling in the franchise and it did around 13 million and it sold the most copies on the PS4.

So Starfield comes out on series x/s and pc only, and its on gamepass.....I mean thats like less than 10 million people, with no profit to show for it unless it includes MTX or some hefty expansions?

Most people aren’t rushing out to buy an xbox for starfield or any bethesda game studios IP. A lot of those players already live in PC

Last edited: