The PS4 has held this generation back

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
50% of Sony gamers are on the PS4 still
Most of Sony's exclusives been PS4/PS5 this gen

Rumor was the series S would hold us back, what ps5 game was downgraded for series s parity clauses? It was a fact according to the Sony stans so if just one example could be provided, appreciate it :handshake:

Otherwise, how do you guys feel about Sony hijacking next Gen progress to chase profits?

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

Rumor was the series S would hold us back, what ps5 game was downgraded for series s parity clauses? It was a fact according to the Sony stans so if just one example could be provided, appreciate it :handshake:

Otherwise, how do you guys feel about Sony hijacking next Gen progress to chase profits?
The Series S held back Halo split screen and delayed Baldur's Gate. Redfall, Starfield and Hellblade 2 all released with 30fps at launch.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

The Series S held back Halo split screen and delayed Baldur's Gate.
Redfall, Starfield and Hellblade 2 all released with 30fps at launch. All these games were exclusive.

Your argument would hold more weight if the 1st party games looked and ran better than 3rd party games. Kinda like how PS3 exclusives ran and looked good but 3rd party ports ran like dogshyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It is crazy that we're this deep into the "next gen" run and they are still being called next gen instead of the current gen.
They probably won't stop developing games for PS4 until the PS6 comes out. I feel like making a game for 3 generations of platforms is where they will finally draw the line.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
A lack of games is what's holding this gen back.

And the hardware isn't that strong to begin with. We should be getting games running on UE5 at 60fps and 4k but if you want something like that, you need a PC with a 4070 or 3080 super GPU.

The games just aren't there to drive interest and the games don't look so massively good that people feel they're missing out. If the difference between elden ring on the PS4 Vs PS5 was like the difference between Tony hawks pro skater 3 on the ps1 vs ps2 or uncharted on the ps3 vs ps4 then people would be more interested.

But it isn't and the economy isn't great for regular people. We need more games to make it worth spending over 500 dollars and that's not happening when ms and Sony keep shutting down studios and publishers are chasing that free to play software as a service dragon.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
A lot of hurt feelings in this thread :laff: but let's have dialogue to get to the bottom of all this...
Did you wake up with this on your mind
I never sleep :ufdup:
The Series S held back Halo split screen and delayed Baldur's Gate. Redfall, Starfield and Hellblade 2 all released with 30fps at launch.
The Series S held back Halo split screen and delayed Baldur's Gate.
Redfall, Starfield and Hellblade 2 all released with 30fps at launch. All these games were exclusive.

Your argument would hold more weight if the 1st party games looked and ran better than 3rd party games. Kinda like how PS3 exclusives ran and looked good but 3rd party ports ran like dogshyt.
Love the double post when frustration is involved :whew:
Now you names a bunch of games but didn't say anything. What's your point, that series s delayed a handful of games. We don't get games, and if we did then they suck anyway :yawn:
Maybe so.. maybe so.. how’s the mattress tho? We never forget
Imagine asking another man how's his mattress :picard: who raised these nikkaz mang...
Imagine being this disconnected from reality.

the Series S is weaker than the One X. It's weaker than last-gen hardware. And that's a 'current gen' console.
Yeah that's not true but it was a cool little story/rumor that lasted for about one week. The fact you was never updated about that speaks volumes about your understanding of things but I'll work with you :handshake:
But yes. By all means: tell us more about how last gen hardware held this generation back :beli:
Sure, as stated, 50% of PlayStation gamers are on ps4 so especially with studios struggling, closing down/etc. They are going to stick to where the majority is located. It just reached 50% so I believe I already made a valid point that supersedes all the crying replies that have come before it.

Now what examples you ask? Someone else mentioned if it was 1st party games I'd have a point so let's do that. Isn't most of Sony's 1st party games cross gen?

Didn't Sony famously say how they believe in generations? So then how they still on PS4?
And what I'm talking about isn't real because Bulders gate was delayed? One handful of other titles delayed a few months means it's total shyt? :sas1:

Look, I get it. Without me it would be straight Mortytown in this bytch
Poor Rickless b*stards :smugbiden:

Developers are DESIGNING GAMES TO RUN ON THE PLAYSTATION 4 thus holding back next gen creativity. Or are we going to act as if the Xbox series s is dictating the creation of all games. Let's go back to bulders gate again.

DID THE XBOX SERIES S HOLD BACK OR DELAY THE PS5/PC version of BULDERS GATE 3
Check yes __ Check no __

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
A lot of hurt feelings in this thread :laff: but let's have dialogue to get to the bottom of all this...

I never sleep :ufdup:

Love the double post when frustration is involved :whew:
Now you names a bunch of games but didn't say anything. What's your point, that series s delayed a handful of games. We don't get games, and if we did then they suck anyway :yawn:

Imagine asking another man how's his mattress :picard: who raised these nikkaz mang...

Yeah that's not true but it was a cool little story/rumor that lasted for about one week. The fact you was never updated about that speaks volumes about your understanding of things but I'll work with you :handshake:

Sure, as stated, 50% of PlayStation gamers are on ps4 so especially with studios struggling, closing down/etc. They are going to stick to where the majority is located. It just reached 50% so I believe I already made a valid point that supersedes all the crying replies that have come before it.

Now what examples you ask? Someone else mentioned if it was 1st party games I'd have a point so let's do that. Isn't most of Sony's 1st party games cross gen?

Didn't Sony famously say how they believe in generations? So then how they still on PS4?
And what I'm talking about isn't real because Bulders gate was delayed? One handful of other titles delayed a few months means it's total shyt? :sas1:

Look, I get it. Without me it would be straight Mortytown in this bytch
Poor Rickless b*stards :smugbiden:

Developers are DESIGNING GAMES TO RUN ON THE PLAYSTATION 4 thus holding back next gen creativity. Or are we going to act as if the Xbox series s is dictating the creation of all games. Let's go back to bulders gate again.

DID THE XBOX SERIES S HOLD BACK OR DELAY THE PS5/PC version of BULDERS GATE 3
Check yes __ Check no __
Imagine posting online that you bought another man’s mattress :what: