The PS Vita Thread

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Never had a vita but thinking about getting one. Is it worth it? Which model should I get?

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Never had a vita but thinking about getting one. Is it worth it? Which model should I get?
Both models are fine. the 1st has the better screen(oled) while the 2nd one had built in memory(just a gig tho) and better battery life.

Be aware that you will need memory card, and id recommend at least a 16gb unless you're going physical only which isnt a good idea since so many vita titles are digital only.

Whether its for you? its still a handheld for Japanese games(rpgs, visual novels, etc.), indies, psp/ps1 classics, and remote play with your PS4. that and a few other quality titles. if that sounds up your alley bite and join the rest of us in shaking our head at sony dropping the ball with such a great piece of hardware:mjcry:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
There's a wide range of games available for it. Just know that if you buy it you're buying a piece of hardware that is no longer being supported. For the sake of having something that's still alive you might better be suited with a 3ds or just wait for the Nintendo switch. Vita had a lot of potential but got thrown into the graveyard like Sony typically does with all their side projects.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a wide range of games available for it. Just know that if you buy it you're buying a piece of hardware that is no longer being supported. For the sake of having something that's still alive you might better be suited with a 3ds or just wait for the Nintendo switch. Vita had a lot of potential but got thrown into the graveyard like Sony typically does with all their side projects.

It's being supported...just not by Sony.

@Skooby if you aren't interested in JRPGs and indies, don't bother getting it.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It is a shame what happened to this portable. It is getting impossible to find in new condition these days outside of Japan.
Yeah. I'm definitely going to buy a couple to stash away

I've got enough games I havent played to last me for years and years still.

I only game a couple hours a week on it these days just because that's all the time I have.but man. So many games in my backlog.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
My man @cfountain has almost 1/3 of the entire posts in this thread :ohhh:
bruh i was in love with this bad boy when I got it:laugh:

I wanted others to appreciate it as much as I did. And for those that liked it to know that they weren't alone and had at least one other person that felt the same way:to:

If Sony wont give a damn about it I always will:wow:

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
828 posts (after this one):laff:

I still have games im gonna buy for it in 2017 too:wow:

Trails of Cold Steel 2(as my Summer game) and Danganronpa V3 are my headliners...I know thats honestly gonna be it but damn, I got my moneys worth out it:yes:

Shoot, i still have plenty of games I havent beaten.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yeah. I'm definitely going to buy a couple to stash away

I've got enough games I havent played to last me for years and years still.

I only game a couple hours a week on it these days just because that's all the time I have.but man. So many games in my backlog.
It's underappreciated and fills in a need for people who can play on the go.

Sports games on the go, yeah they are a bit outdated, but the vita has mlb 15, madden and fifa. Only missing is a vita nba game.

I really hope Nintendo gets support on the switch to get fifa, nba 2k and madden. That shyt will be :ohlawd: for me.