The price of Insulin is now capped at $35 per month for millions of Americans. Democrats did that.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
you dudes been trained well by rethugs. shyt is real embarrassing
Youre a clown who likes to talk shyt and rarely backs that shyt up with information. You a look it up ass nikka.

How are these costs being paid for since you're so well trained by the master liberal brother. Please educate.

Do you have a resource besides "Google it" I can use?

If I Google it I may come across republican cost breakdown sheets so I want to make sure my sources are vetted by the Democratic party through your silly ass.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Right :mjlol: . These insulin producing company will just figure out a way to pass the cost along to someone else.

So if you are diabetic and aren't eligible for Medicare, the price of insulin is going up exponentially.
those prices have nothing to do with cost

20 years ago American seniors were packing onto buses and driving to the Canadian border to go to regular ass pharmacies and get shyt cheaper. do you think OUR GOVERNMENT was subsidizing their purchases. or that our drugs are cheaper because of government subsidies? Also why would your government prevent access to cheaper generics?

here's a wild idea

there's no rhyme or reason to those inflated prices thus they are ILLEGAL IN MOST PLACES. besides America and you guys keep talking about cost that's pure inflation not cost. Same country where that Martin Shkreli cac bought a HIV medication and boosted up the price 700%

this shyt is only possible because of lack of regulations and the fact that pharmaceutical makers in America lobbied to keep generic cheaper alternatives away from people so they can sell you their overcharged shyt.

medicine industry is gouging American consumers, the hospitals are doing the same. their suppliers are doing the same. insurance companies doing the same... inflated costs everywhere. bogus sham system. capitalism uncapped.... scary shyt.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Look at the democrat shills

It was the same plan you clown.

they're making it sound like trump executive order was equivalent to bidens when it wasn't. bidens executive order actually applies to millions of more people.

"low-income" defined by the federal government is someone making less than $13,590 a year and thats who would have qualified in a few cities.

check the link below, the amount is adjusted for number of household members.

snippet:
Millions of Americans have diabetes and need insulin to survive, but it can cost more than some can afford. The American Diabetes Association estimates a quarter of people with diabetes have at some point had to ration their insulin, which is dangerous and can even be fatal.

In an effort to lower the cost of insulin, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill – not yet voted on by the Senate – which would cap insurance co-pays for insulin to $35 per month. However, as VERIFY previously reported, the bill would not help everyone who needs insulin, such as those without health insurance.

In response to that reporting, many VERIFY viewers told us they heard that President Donald Trump had signed an executive order to lower the price of insulin, but that President Joe Biden had stopped it after taking office.

THE QUESTION
Did President Biden stop an executive order issued by President Trump that intended to make insulin more affordable?

Yes, the Biden administration stopped an executive order issued by President Trump that intended to make insulin more affordable, but the order would have only helped low-income patients at select clinics.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Look at the democrat shills

It was the same plan you clown.

THE DIFFERENCE.

Conforming Amendments to Cost-sharing for Low-income
Individuals.--Section 1860D-14(a) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C.
1395w-114(a)), as amended by sections 11201, 11401, and 11404, is
amended--
(1) <<NOTE: Time periods.>> in paragraph (1)--
(A) in subparagraph (D)(iii), by adding at the end
the following new sentence: ``For plan year 2023 and
subsequent plan years, the copayment amount applicable
under the preceding sentence to a month's supply of a
covered insulin product (as defined in section 1860D-
2(b)(9)(C)) dispensed to the individual may not exceed
the applicable copayment amount for the product under
the prescription drug plan or MA-PD plan in which the
individual is enrolled.''; and
(B) in subparagraph (E), by inserting the following
before the period at the end: ``or under section 1860D-
2(b)(9) in the case of a covered insulin product (as
defined in subparagraph (C) of such section)''; and
(2) in paragraph (2)--
(A) in subparagraph (B), by striking ``section
1860D-2(b)(8)'' and inserting ``paragraphs (8) and (9)
of section 1860D-2(b)'';
(B) in subparagraph (D), by adding at the end the
following new sentence: ``For plan year 2023, the amount
of the coinsurance applicable under the preceding
sentence to a month's supply of a covered insulin
product (as defined in section 1860D-2(b)(9)(C))
dispensed to the individual may not exceed the
applicable copayment amount for the

[[Page 136 STAT. 1904]]

product under the prescription drug plan or MA-PD plan
in which the individual is enrolled.''; and
(C) in subparagraph (E), by adding at the end the
following new sentence: ``For plan year 2023, the amount
of the copayment or coinsurance applicable under the
preceding sentence to a month's supply of a covered
insulin product (as defined in section 1860D-2(b)(9)(C))
dispensed to the individual may not exceed the
applicable copayment amount for the product under the
prescription drug plan or MA-PD plan in which the
individual is enrolled

IRA ADDED PROVISIONS FOR PLANS OTHER MEDICARE D. I THINK THAT IS WHERE THE HANG UP IS.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
I remember reading about a young man that died because he was rationing his dosage, It's a shame it took this long
I believe all meds should be affordable based on income
I believe all treatments for life threatening illnesses like cancer should be FREE

I hear ya but that will never ever ever ever happen. Companies want to treat but not cure with their greedy asses.

I take insulin, have Dexcom (a Continuous Glucose Meter) & use an insulin pump. Between those three and all of the required accessories (i.e. syringes, glucometer, infusion sets, etc.) and the bloodwork and endocrinologist visits, shyt can overwhelm one financially. Thankful for insurance and patient programs.:wow:

There is no incentive for companies to cure a damn thing.:martin:

Last edited:

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Youre a clown who likes to talk shyt and rarely backs that shyt up with information. You a look it up ass nikka.

How are these costs being paid for since you're so well trained by the master liberal brother. Please educate.

Do you have a resource besides "Google it" I can use?

If I Google it I may come across republican cost breakdown sheets so I want to make sure my sources are vetted by the Democratic party through your silly ass.
:mjpls:

The same way everything is paid for not by you.

Yeah walk yo ass down to the library and look it up via Hardcopy or newspaper Kung Fu c00n

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
what was the program called?

Here you go

Insulin savings available for people with commercial insurance and the uninsured by calling (833) 808-1234
INDIANAPOLIS, April 7, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to the crisis caused by COVID-19, Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) is introducing the Lilly Insulin Value Program, allowing anyone with commercial insurance and those without insurance at all to fill their monthly prescription of Lilly insulin for $35. The program is effective today and covers most Lillyinsulins including all Humalog® (insulin lispro injection 100 units/mL) formulations.
The savings can be obtained by calling the LillyDiabetes Solution Center at (833) 808-1234. The Solution Center is open 8 am to 8 pm (EDT) Monday through Friday. Representatives at the Solution Center will help people with diabetes obtain a card in the most convenient way for them, including through email or the U.S. mail. A card can typically be received within 24 hours by email. If you already have a co-pay card from the Lilly Diabetes Solution Center for an amount higher than $35, no action is necessary. Active co-pay cards have been re-set to a $35 co-pay.

This program wasn’t available for people on Medicare/Medicaid/government insurance so they launched one just for them.

The Lilly Insulin Value Program is NOT available to patients with any government insurance including Medicaid or Medicare. Patients who are not eligible are still encouraged to call the Lilly Diabetes Solutions Center for advice on other cost-saving measures. However, last month the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) launched a new plan for some Medicare Part D participants to pay a maximum $35 copay for their monthly supply of insulin.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This program wasn’t available for people on Medicare/Medicaid/government insurance so they launched one just for them.

The Lilly Insulin Value Program is NOT available to patients with any government insurance including Medicaid or Medicare. Patients who are not eligible are still encouraged to call the Lilly Diabetes Solutions Center for advice on other cost-saving measures. However, last month the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) launched a new plan for some Medicare Part D participants to pay a maximum $35 copay for their monthly supply of insulin.

your source didn't prove your claim but I found one that did.

snippet:
Under the proposed plan, those who need insulin would pay no more than $35 for a typical 30-day supply, no matter which phase of coverage they were in.

In reaction to government and public concerns, manufacturers have taken steps like offering discount plans and, in the case of Eli Lilly, selling a half-priced generic version of the brand-name Humalog.

Pharmacy benefit managers, which negotiate drug prices on behalf of insurers and large employers, have also offered plans that limit out-of-pocket costs. Last year, Express Scripts began offering a $25-a-month cap for all diabetes medications, including insulin, for employers who opted into the program.

In January, CVS began offering a zero co-payment program for insulin. CVS said that its members paid, on average, more than $400 out of pocket per year for diabetes medications, with about 12 percent paying more than $1,000 per year.

Ms. Verma said that until now, federal rules discouraged the private insurers who run the Medicare drug plans from offering a more consistent co-payment for insulin and other drugs. That’s because if the insurers limited the amount the consumer paid during the coverage gap, the plans would no longer get the 70 percent discount that manufacturers provide during that doughnut hole. Under the proposal, the pilot program would waive that restriction and would allow the manufacturers and insurers to negotiate more freely.