The Powerball jackpot reaches 1.23 billion

Daps
Time value of money is a mofo.

That cash value option is less than half the jackpot when it used to be around 60%.

Higher interest rates make it so where the jackpot number is just as high as before but what you actually get if you choose one-time payment (which everyone picks) is quite a bit less.

You're getting $461M BEFORE taxes and around $290 to $300-ish million after Uncle Sam gets his cut. Life changing money but it's weird how they sell this jackpot based on an amount you'll never come close to seeing. Doing the annuity is a TERRIBLE idea because you have no guarantee of a lotteries solvency in the future and I don't think the payouts can be transferred to any heirs.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Time value of money is a mofo.

That cash value option is less than half the jackpot when it used to be around 60%.

Higher interest rates make it so where the jackpot number is just as high as before but what you actually get if you choose one-time payment (which everyone picks) is quite a bit less.

You're getting $461M BEFORE taxes and around $290 to $300-ish million after Uncle Sam gets his cut. Life changing money but it's weird how they sell this jackpot based on an amount you'll never come close to seeing. Doing the annuity is a TERRIBLE idea because you have no guarantee of a lotteries solvency in the future and I don't think the payouts can be transferred to any heirs.

It is what it is, what other countries do you have a chance to win generation money? I'm cool with Uncle Sam getting his cut, me and my folks still gone eat good.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
977 to 250 million after taxes is still worth it..

Your debt is immediately paid off and then , just buy a nice home and a nice car and vacation and u good

Don’t be like some idiots buying 3 homes, private jet or boat and opening up businesses u know u not going to be there 24/7

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
977 to 250 million after taxes is still worth it..

Your debt is immediately paid off and then , just buy a nice home and a nice car and vacation and u good

Don’t be like some idiots buying 3 homes, private jet or boat and opening up businesses u know u not going to be there 24/7
:what: it would take a whole lot more than a few homes and a private jet to blow through 250 million after tax.

Last edited: