The Power of the Dog | Official Teaser | Netflix (12/1, Cumberbatch, Dunst, Plemons)

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Underwhelming to me.

For the last few years, people have been hyping up movies that have decent acting but don't go anywhere. Disposable movies that you watch once and ignore for the rest of your life.
Parasite, Green Book, Nomadland, The Shape of Water, Moonlight....and now this Power of the Dog....meh. I really couldn't give a shyt.

Not BAD movies but they are in no way memorable or impactful.
Wow I think two out of those six movies you named are masterpieces.

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Underwhelming to me.

For the last few years, people have been hyping up movies that have decent acting but don't go anywhere. Disposable movies that you watch once and ignore for the rest of your life.
Parasite, Green Book, Nomadland, The Shape of Water, Moonlight....and now this Power of the Dog....meh. I really couldn't give a shyt.

Not BAD movies but they are in no way memorable or impactful.

I felt like the movie was going somewhere towards the end. And then it ended pretty abruptly. I still liked it but I was underwhelmed too.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ranking the last 6 best pictures:
Parasite and Moonlight are masterpieces
I admire Shape of Water from a technical standpoint, but I didn't like the movie.
Nomadland was ok, and had a great message behind it, but it felt stale for some reason.
Green Book was mediocre
If Power of Dog wins I would put it a notch below the masterpiece tier

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I felt like the movie was going somewhere towards the end. And then it ended pretty abruptly. I still liked it but I was underwhelmed too.
I want to break down the ending but I don't want to get spoilery
It's sort of happy ending in a twisted way. The bad guy gets his comeuppance and good guys live happily ever after

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have to ask what movies do you think memorable and impactful.
I'd rather not get into a back and forth defending my tastes or attacking someone else's.
People like different things.

I mean, Pride & Prejudice might be a great movie. But I don't care about it.
You know what I mean...

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd rather not get into a back and forth defending my tastes or attacking someone else's.
People like different things.

I mean, Pride & Prejudice might be a great movie. But I don't care about it.
You know what I mean...
I asked because you might can recommend a movie I might have missed, but I get what you're saying

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Enjoyed Cumberbatch’s performance, thought the cinematography was great, and Greenwood on a western score is like Klay in Game 6 - he’s going to deliver every time. Overall though, the story did nothing for me.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Enjoyed Cumberbatch’s performance, thought the cinematography was great, and Greenwood on a western score is like Klay in Game 6 - he’s going to deliver every time. Overall though, the story did nothing for me.

This is were I'm at too. You basically spend close to 2 hours to get a reveal that "kinda" explains everything. But the movie was waaay too dramatic for stuff that weren't that big of a deal, specially in 1925. Pete's trying to get Phil in his pants was :mjlol:

Like, I'm not sure why Phil is the bad guy. He's a short tempered closet homosexual cowboy in the early 1900s. He's childish and jelous of Dunst's character but we are not given enough to understand why Phil is the driving force of her going into the deep end and becoming an alcoholic. She has an awkward dinner and kinda embarrasses herself but that was George's fault, for the most part.

We don't even know why George is an a$$hole to his brother all movie :heh:

The most interesting part was Pete. His paycho ass was at least compelling.

I want to break down the ending but I don't want to get spoilery
It's sort of happy ending in a twisted way. The bad guy gets his comeuppance and good guys live happily ever after

Thing to me was that they were not the "good guys" at all :heh: