The physical description of Jesus...

Daps
Do you have any proof that there IS no argument for the Ancient Hebrews being black? I use to be in the same boat as you and everyone else on this thread. But after researching primary sources on them I have come to the conclusions that they(and Jesus) could have been like modern day middle easterners or even BLACK! Yes I can post a bunch of sources(non "afrocentric) if be.

The argument that Jesus and the Ancient Hebrews was black is not silly at all, nor was it even first proposed by "Afrocentrics".

What primary sources could you be referring to?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
First off, i'm not into the org religion or the church in any way.
But this is supposedly a christian nation, so the bible is important to many.
One thing that simply doesn't add up is the description of jesus isn the bible, vs the image of jesus that we're bombarded with worldwide.
Here's what the Bible says about Jesus
In Revelation 1: 14-15

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

If you read this carefully, you can only deduce that the man written about, known as Jesus Christ was a Black man. The bible makes that very clear.
Is there a reason why the world has portrayed Jesus as the exact opposite?
Also, I saw this in another scripture that Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last. Aren't black people the original man on earth?
Revelations 1 is the Apostle John's future vision of Christ if you start reading from verse 9 to 13. Not what he looked like when he was on the earth.
White hair, eyes like fire, and feet like bronze don't describe either a white or black man.

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
Yes that's pretty much what I meant when I used the word agenda.
Yeah, sorry. Just went off on a rant. Its something that's been bothering me lately. Euros get so mad when you tell them they're basically a subcontinent, at best, and that's why they can't secure their borders or agree on where the line between Asia and Europe is. :lolbron:

Plus, the blatant ignorance of geography exhibited here, as you pointed out.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
What if this portrayal was actually the most accurate?

Morgan-Freeman-in-Evan-Almighty-as-God-e1434068548250.jpg

Imagine how some folks would react. :mjpls:

I know he played God instead but still

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
yo it'd be funny if there was a god and he came down for just 1 minute on earth and said "my son Jesus was a black man. He wasn't white with blue eyes he was dark brown with dark eyes." ten bounced. I'd love to see what religion all the white folk and hispanics would try to bounce to :pachaha:
it'd be a mass exodus out of christianity :pachaha:

FSP

Banned
Daps
I still think it's hilarious

he's gotta be BLACK cuz theres only two colors to choose from right?

I can't say with any conviction my man was black like Eastern African black. There's just nothing there

I go to my grandparents church which was called Ebenezier baptist episcopal or some shyt and you swear jesus was african american. I'm like ya'll need to chill

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Yet I have not seen any sources debunking the material above...

There's nothing to debunk. That a proud people like the Ethiopians would depict Jesus as looking like themselves isn't exactly surprising.

Like I mentioned there are ancient Semitic communities in the Middle East like the Mandaeans who still speak a form of Aramaic and practice ancient baptismal rites....they don't look anything like "black" people.

As for language, it's not a very solid argument. Turks speak a Mongolic language, but most Turks aren't even very distinguishable physically from Greeks.

Also please keep in mind that in ancient times, people in these areas were darker in general because they spent a lot more time outdoors.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
What primary sources could you be referring to?

Sorry for the late reply. Was at school.

Anyways primary sources such as these...

The majority of people say the Judaeans were those Ethiopians whom fear and hatred obliged to change their habitations, in the reign of king Cepheus.
Tacitus -- The Histories Book V

One of the customs most zealously observed among the Aegyptians is this, that they rear every child that is born, and circumcise the males, and excise the females, as is also customary among the Judaeans, who also are Aegyptian in origin, as I have already stated in my account of them.
Strabo

These two are just some of them. I littered these entire forums with these sources. If you want more of them then check out these two threads.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-levant-an-extension-of-africa-lets-take-a-look-shall-we.255052/
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/euro...supporters-for-a-black-jesus-and-mary.290586/

We have to remember that the Levant was right near very large and influential "black" civilizations such as the Nile Valley civilizations. We have to remember that Ancient Egypt colonized MUCH of the Southern Canaan/Levant. And the Egyptian population was numerous in that area. It could be possible that the earliest Hebrews were of Egyptian/Ethiopian origins who migrated out of the Nile Valley. We also have to remember that Hebrew(and even Arabic) have ancestry in Africa via the language family Afro-Asiatic.

Indeed people can make an argument that the Hebrews were NOT black at all and I won't criticize them. But just saying the argument for a "black" origins for the Hebrews is actually not Afrocentric nonsense others and even I thought...

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
There's nothing to debunk. That a proud people like the Ethiopians would depict Jesus as looking like themselves isn't exactly surprising.
And yet the bolded still doesn't debunk what I posted.

1. The Ethiopian depiction of Jesus was reply to someone who stated, "Does any native African tribe have any oral/written history of the black jesus? Or is this only american nikkas that were forced into Christianity acting like they found a loop hole."

2. That Ethiopian depiction of Jesus was NOT what I was talking about. The material in question that were NOT debunk were the picture of Jesus and the Catacomb I posted which was a very early date and showing them as "black" looking people and the actual Hebrew writing of Jesus description which shows us that the later revelation written by a Greek was twisted and it was actually Jesus's outfit that was WHITE, not his HAIR. In the Hebrew writing it says his hair is wool and that's it. Here I'll post it again...

I beheld till thrones were placed, and one that was ancient of days did sit: his raiment was as white snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames, and the wheels thereof burning fire.
Daniel 7:9

Like I mentioned there are ancient Semitic communities in the Middle East like the Mandaeans who still speak a form of Aramaic and practice ancient baptismal rites....they don't look anything like "black" people.

Uhh... Yeah. What the heck does the Mandaeans have to do with anything?

1. They're primarily found in southern Mesopotamia outside the Levant(where Jesus was).
2. They believe Moses was a false prophet.
3. What proof is there that a modern group represents an Ancient group of people. Are you not aware that there was a bunch of migrations back and forth in the Levant since its existence? Especially by people from the Nile Valley who would be deemed "black". So populations changed and went through evolution. Also just because they practice ancient baptismal doesn't hold weight that they're the forerunners of Ancient Jews. Modern Nubians too hold very old traditions of Ancient Nubians, yet most modern Nubians ancestry tells us that it barely even goes back to even the Christian era...

As for language, it's not a very solid argument. Turks speak a Mongolic language, but most Turks aren't even very distinguishable physically from Greeks.

Also please keep in mind that in ancient times, people in these areas were darker in general because they spent a lot more time outdoors.

That's true and all, but I wonder is that a good argument against the Greek and other writers who claimed Judaens are of Egyptian/Ethiopian origins... And Danial 7.9 saying Jesus hair was wool. Again these are just arguments that support a black ancient Hebrew origins, not personally mines...

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Revelations 1 is the Apostle John's future vision of Christ if you start reading from verse 9 to 13. Not what he looked like when he was on the earth.
White hair, eyes like fire, and feet like bronze don't describe either a white or black man.

Aye... I thought I was the only one. Meanwhile Daniel 7.9 and others just say his hair is wool and nothing else.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Aye... I thought I was the only one. Meanwhile Daniel 7.9 and others just say his hair is wool and nothing else.
Well, there are white people with naturally tight curly hair. I have a friend whose hair is like that. You can't comb it out straight. He looked like little orphan Annie when he was younger.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Well, there are white people with naturally tight curly hair. I have a friend whose hair is like that. You can't comb it out straight. He looked like little orphan Annie when he was younger.

From my experience I never seen a white person with hair as tight like wool. "Wool" seems to indicate kinky hair. Also In the area of the southern Levant the people would not have been "white", but people of color whether we agree they were modern middle eastern looking or black. Jesus was in fact most likely a person of color.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
1. I never seen a white person with her as tight like wool.
2. In the area of the southern Levant the people would not have been "white", but people of color whether we agree they were modern middle eastern looking or black. Jesus was in fact most likely a person of color.
It says "white like wool", not "tight as wool."
But these guys have curly hair.

3b0f41648755dc32563f92b248118ce3.jpg

main-qimg-d587859c22dfa057eb004529053480f1

tumblr_inline_nsqk91CRRE1r4ii24_500.png